Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 News Post

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #2 is available now for 360 users, queue it up right here. It weighs in at 1.14 GB.

PS3 users should see it later this afternoon when the PSN Store updates.

Full details on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 demo #2 are right here.

Here are the 11 teams featured in the second demo.

Exhibition Mode
  • Real Madrid
  • Barcelona
  • Valencia
  • Athletic Club (Athletic Bilbao)
  • Manchester United
  • Bayern Munich
  • Juventus
Copa Libertadores
  • Santos FC
  • SC Corinthians
  • Boca Juniors
  • Chivas

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Panicshade @ 08/28/12 08:11 AM

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #2 is available now for 360 users, queue it up right here. It weighs in at 1.14 GB.

PS3 users should see it later this afternoon when the PSN Store updates.

Full details on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 demo #2 are right here.

Here are the 11 teams featured in the second demo.

Exhibition Mode
  • Real Madrid
  • Barcelona
  • Valencia
  • Athletic Club (Athletic Bilbao)
  • Manchester United
  • Bayern Munich
  • Juventus
Copa Libertadores
  • Santos FC
  • SC Corinthians
  • Boca Juniors
  • Chivas

# 2 Mo @ 08/28/12 10:07 AM
Manchester United and Chivas? Nicely done PES

# 3 TexasFan2005 @ 08/28/12 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
Anyone else notice the early release date (09/18/12)?

# 4 El Niche @ 08/28/12 11:23 AM
PC player here, itching to play this, have you guys in X360 noticed if the scripting has been toned down (easy way to check is Top Player). Sucks its not 10min tho... wonder if Ps3 will be the same

# 5 ezio @ 08/28/12 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche
Sucks its not 10min tho... wonder if Ps3 will be the same

It is 10 minutes in Demo 2 from what I read.

# 6 Altimus @ 08/28/12 01:33 PM
Can't wait to play with Barca later tonight!

# 7 Krebstar @ 08/28/12 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
It is 10 minutes in Demo 2 from what I read.
Nope. 5 minutes on 360. But, everything I read said it would be 10.

# 8 thelakeshow @ 08/28/12 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Nope. 5 minutes on 360. But, everything I read said it would be 10.
You're both right. 5 min halves, 10 mins total. I'm guessing that you wish it was 10 min halves, 20 mins total?

# 9 Mo @ 08/28/12 02:45 PM
Goalies are back to being dumb as ****.

# 10 El Niche @ 08/28/12 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Goalies are back to being dumb as ****.
Thats not good to hear. Do you see a big difference in shooting and pass speed?

# 11 Krebstar @ 08/28/12 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelakeshow
You're both right. 5 min halves, 10 mins total. I'm guessing that you wish it was 10 min halves, 20 mins total?
Just double checked to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, it's 5 minute matches.

PES lists times as match times, FIFA does it as halves.

The new demo is 5 minute match time.

# 12 Amino @ 08/28/12 04:06 PM
Demo #2 is amazing. I played as Barcelona naturally to see if the PES team weren't just kidding about the whole Player ID thing - this is by far the best representation of Barcelona in video game form I've ever seen. Every player on Barcelona team plays exactly like themselves. Messi's signature dribbling style, Xavi's clairvoyant ability to open up defences, Villa's constant runs forward and getting open anticipating the ball and of course the Barca quick tempo passing style is all evident.

I disagree with the user who said the goalkeepers are bad. I played with Real and Casillas was making some spectacular and well timed saves - no more brain farts from the goalkeepers when an attacker is inside the box, they will make smart saves instead of stupid ones. I urge to to play as Juventus and see how Buffon takes advantage of his size to make amazing saves.

The AI is great too - although they may go crazy with the through balls it's nothing gamebreaking - this was more a problem with Man U as the AI is probably trying to take advantage of Wellbeck and Young's speed.

Also the players move more fluidly compared to demo #1 - at dead ball situations they walk normally, some panting, others trying to lift the spirits of the team and during play they stumble against each other realistically and tackles look great.

I really, really like the trademark abilities and skills move too. You can really escape tight situations using skill moves and players like Xavi and Iniesta can hold on to the ball longer now. It's rewarding when you pull off the simplest of skill because it just looks amazing. Jogging towards a player and holding the RT button (classic configuration, not dash) while moving about the RS left or right will provide some amazing one-to-one battles.

All in all, the second demo is more refined, player movements are more realistic, not just compared to demo #1 but to previous PES titles (players legs no longer look robotic and Road Runneresuqe when running, the graphics looks a bit better than PES 2012 but nothing revolutionary and presentation is still the same - although replays are improved.

This demo should convince the average and hardcore PES fan to buy PES 13 and I can officially say this is the best PES I've ever played.

# 13 El Niche @ 08/28/12 04:07 PM
It seems its out now for the PS3. Might have to give this a try.

# 14 bohne78 @ 08/28/12 04:46 PM
I still cant find it on psn...only see demo #1 available

# 15 TerryP @ 08/28/12 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohne78
I still cant find it on psn...only see demo #1 available
Are you looking in the US store? It's definitely there, downloading it now. I don't believe it's available in the UK/EU store 'til tomorrow. It seems strange that it's available in the US store earlier than EU & UK.

# 16 alabamarob @ 08/28/12 05:00 PM
The game is good. I played Juve v. Manchester United (superstar level), and I had to work the ball around to get scoring opportunities. The 5 minute half makes it hard to get a flow, but the difference between every player is obvious. I also liked the ball physics, and how the players interacted with each other. This game is going to be my number 2 game behind 2k13 this year.

I can never find an online opponent in PES. Please PM a gamer tag and what system you are on if you play PES online on a regular basis. I am always looking for a good game. Additionally, let me know if you know of any good PES leagues.

Demo 2 is a go.

# 17 juice2142 @ 08/28/12 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I can never find an online opponent in PES. Please PM a gamer tag and what system you are on if you play PES online on a regular basis. I am always looking for a good game. Additionally, let me know if you know of any good PES leagues.
This is a reason i am hesitant with PES. Granted i really want to play manager career or franchise mode, but i will occassionally want to play games online. Being from the USA and not finding other users to play online will be frustrating. Also, can you do online co-op at all? Or better yet, can i play my offline career mode games with another human on my team. Sometimes a couple buddies and i will get together and play seasons on the same tv on the same team. This is crucial!

# 18 RoyceDa59 @ 08/28/12 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
This is a reason i am hesitant with PES. Granted i really want to play manager career or franchise mode, but i will occassionally want to play games online. Being from the USA and not finding other users to play online will be frustrating. Also, can you do online co-op at all? Or better yet, can i play my offline career mode games with another human on my team. Sometimes a couple buddies and i will get together and play seasons on the same tv on the same team. This is crucial!
You can do co-op Master League but on-line and am not sure. However, I haven't tried the demo yet less than an hour and it should be finished. Mo's comment has me a little worried that they might have broke the Goalkeepers please let this not be true!

# 19 kelvinmak @ 08/28/12 06:33 PM
Just for those who can't find it under demos in the North American PS store:

I couldn't find it either for some strange reason, but (and credit to the folks at winning eleven blog for this) just do a search for "2013" and voila, there it is.

# 20 dubcity @ 08/28/12 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Anyone else notice the early release date (09/18/12)?
YES!

(sorry, I got excited when I saw that)

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.