Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports has revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.

Allen Iverson - 95 (00-01 NBA Finals Iverson)
Jared Dudley - 75
Thomas Robinson - 75

Previously revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings below.

Scottie Pippen - 92
Kevin Love - 89
Anthony Davis - 80
Monta Ellis - 86
Dion Waiters - 71
Andre Iguodala - 87
Kobe Bryant - 93
Carmelo Anthony - 92
Rajon Rondo - 90
Kevin Durant - 95
Blake Griffin - 87
Harrison Barnes - 75

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Colts18 @ 08/29/12 10:05 PM
I am pretty sure that Iverson's on ball defense is overrated.
I am sure his defensive awareness will be overrated. You will say that he played the passing lanes but we have a Play the Passing Lanes tendency. So there is no need to inflate his defensive awareness.

If those two ratings alone were correctly distributed, he wouldn't be as high as a 95.

To put it into context. 2K is telling us that Iverson is a better SG than Pippen was a SF. And that is so far from the truth. Pippen did everything. Two way players excel in 2K's rating system. Iverson is not a two way player.

Yea he got steals and scored a lot of points. Physical attributes will be great (speed, quickness, vertical), but a 95 rated Allen Iverson is clearly a lie.

Maybe the feel like they owe him for being the coverboy for the first 4 years.

# 42 Vni @ 08/29/12 10:12 PM
At the end of the day you know most players will be overrated by 2K like it always has been.

I still can't figure out how overalls can get so much debate. It's not the overall that's too high, it's some of their stats that are overrated that make the overalls too high, so as long as we don't have access to all their stats I don't see much to argue about.

How does it make sence to say: Kobe should have 95 or 91? I don't get it.

Gimme some HD gameplay footage

# 43 MarvellousOne @ 08/29/12 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
@MarvellousOne

If you honestly understood how 2K's rating system workED, you would understand how hard it is to get someone like AI to honestly be rated at a 95 overall rating.

Now, I am sure some things have been altered in the 2K13 system but I doubt it is that different than 2K12.

For someone who isn't dominant on both sides of the ball, it is hard to get them to be ranked that high. Mid 90s. Which is also why I said Durant had to have inflated attributes.

2K works backwards. They say to themselves, "_____ should be rated a _____" then they make sure that the player is rated what they feel he should be rated.

When you do that, you leave yourself open to inflated attributes.
You have a valid point there, 2K does inflate certain attributes. I wasn't thinking on that logic there so my bad man I see what you mean, to be truthful if you want to realistically rate a player then there are very few players deserving of a 90 rating truthfully.

# 44 Colts18 @ 08/29/12 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
You have a valid point there, 2K does inflate certain attributes. I wasn't thinking on that logic there so my bad man I see what you mean, to be truthful if you want to realistically rate a player then there are very few players deserving of a 90 rating truthfully.
It is cool, it is hard for most to look at it logically.

We usually just think, "Superstar = 90+." Well it isn't that simple. Some people are only "superstars" because they score a lot of buckets and don't offer much else. (Melo, AI, KD).

Those players should never be 95+. It is ridiculous honestly.

# 45 shadio5 @ 08/29/12 10:40 PM
ALLEN IVERSON SHOULD HAVE A SPECIAL ADDITION 2k13 COVER......HE SHOULD GET HIS 4th COVER FOR 2k....comon jay z, show some respect for this franchise. Wow, jay z.........why jay z???

VC/2k sports fan

# 46 Thunder Storm @ 08/29/12 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
ALLEN IVERSON SHOULD HAVE A SPECIAL ADDITION 2k13 COVER......HE SHOULD GET HIS 4th COVER FOR 2k....comon jay z, show some respect for this franchise. Wow, jay z.........why jay z???

VC/2k sports fan
are you serious ?

the fact that he has his own classic team is enough respect. 2K and Jay-Z are basically saying he's a legend, who's still not even retired yet. You make it sound like they've slighted him.

# 47 shadio5 @ 08/29/12 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
are you serious ?

the fact that he has his own classic team is enough respect. 2K and Jay-Z are basically saying he's a legend, who's still not even retired yet. You make it sound like they've slighted him.

This is about the franchise and where it came from. Iverson blessed this game with his image and attitude. NBA 2k is recognized for what it is because on IVERSON. True vets of this game will get a throwback cover of the game that started it all.......2k is iverson & iverson is 2k

VC/2k sports fan

# 48 Colts18 @ 08/29/12 10:59 PM
I mean I feel what my man Shady is saying. AI was there before 2k became 2K. So he deserves some lifetime 2K achievement award or something. The same way NFL 2K14 should have a Randy Moss throwback cover.

Nah but that is too much to ask for. But I get his point.

# 49 shadio5 @ 08/29/12 11:08 PM
Quote:
I mean I feel what my man Shady is saying. AI was there before 2k became 2K. So he deserves some lifetime 2K achievement award or something. The same way NFL 2K14 should have a Randy Moss throwback cover.

Nah but that is too much to ask for. But I get his point.

lol Also Iverson represented "WAR"...It was WAR between two camps during those days. Iverson represented a NEW era in basketball and also in basketball gaming. Visual Concepts/2k sports was a very small underground group of developers who had to FIGHT their way threw GIANTS in the video gaming industry. Iverson represented "CHANGE" and look at the change and domination it is today...wow.....2k & the clone wars, those were the times.

VC/2k sports fan

# 50 Wildcats302 @ 08/29/12 11:25 PM
Is this guy serious? ^ If not, good job, you made me laugh. If so, even more of a good job, because you are really making me laugh now if your rant is serious.

# 51 Thunder Storm @ 08/29/12 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Is this guy serious? ^ If not, good job, you made me laugh. If so, even more of a good job, because you are really making me laugh now if your rant is serious.
He's a well known troll from the 2K forums.

# 52 Norris_Cole @ 08/29/12 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
This is about the franchise and where it came from. Iverson blessed this game with his image and attitude. NBA 2k is recognized for what it is because on IVERSON. True vets of this game will get a throwback cover of the game that started it all.......2k is iverson & iverson is 2k

VC/2k sports fan
I bought every 2k game since the 1st one, and the last thing I look forward in the game is the cover... I could even get the game even if the cover was totally blank or a Brian Scalabrine cover as long as the gameplay is great

# 53 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 08/29/12 11:52 PM
Quote:
I am pretty sure that Iverson's on ball defense is overrated.
I am sure his defensive awareness will be overrated. You will say that he played the passing lanes but we have a Play the Passing Lanes tendency. So there is no need to inflate his defensive awareness.

If those two ratings alone were correctly distributed, he wouldn't be as high as a 95.

To put it into context. 2K is telling us that Iverson is a better SG than Pippen was a SF. And that is so far from the truth. Pippen did everything. Two way players excel in 2K's rating system. Iverson is not a two way player.

Yea he got steals and scored a lot of points. Physical attributes will be great (speed, quickness, vertical), but a 95 rated Allen Iverson is clearly a lie.

Maybe the feel like they owe him for being the coverboy for the first 4 years.
To answer your question, YES, Iverson, IN HIS BEST YEAR, was better than Pippen IN HIS BEST YEAR. Check out the stats. Check out the MVP award. Check how Iverson took a bunch of bench players to the Finals. I think Pippen is an amazing player; one of the top defensive small forwards of all time and a great overall player, but Iverson was the best player in the game of basketball the year he won his MVP and may be the fastest player with a basketball in hands- ever.

Melo, on the other hand, is a one-dimensional player and must have inflated attributes, as you have alluded to.

# 54 Thunder Storm @ 08/30/12 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
To answer your question, YES, Iverson, IN HIS BEST YEAR, was better than Pippen IN HIS BEST YEAR. Check out the stats. Check out the MVP award. Check how Iverson took a bunch of bench players to the Finals. I think Pippen is an amazing player; one of the top defensive small forwards of all time and a great overall player, but Iverson was the best player in the game of basketball the year he won his MVP and may be the fastest player with a basketball in hands- ever.

Melo, on the other hand, is a one-dimensional player and must have inflated attributes, as you have alluded to.

Kobe and Shaq were both better, and Duncan.

# 55 stillfeelme @ 08/30/12 12:05 AM
Allen Iverson defensive awareness was on another level. I would say he was more like a ball hawk like a Ed Reed on the steals. You combine that with his speed and dribble that put him on another level. He was pound for pound the best player in the league. His best skill was penetration and finishing in the paint. Those floaters high of the glass laying big men up were a sig move. They have to give him a max layup, and pretty high SIT rating. His jump shooting would be average or below probably in the low to mid 70's. 80+ FT shooter. Iverson was a tough cover because he was the first option to shoot and he would go to the freethrow line so much off of relentless attacking the basket. He was just too fast to cover.

Looking at how some of the ratings are coming out I think 2K clearly gives out slight bonus points based off your pecking order allstar, superstar or regular guys. I think in 2K12 there are only two SG's over 90+ Wade and Kobe. 3 PG's I know are over 90, CP3, Westbrook and Rose. He deserves somewhere in the low 90's

# 56 kjjnesb @ 08/30/12 12:36 AM
Wow 75 for Jared Dudley geez.... I mean maybe its me thinking in 2k12 logic but if they didn't fix association/myplayer dude is getting like 8 or 9 mill a yr

# 57 shadio5 @ 08/30/12 12:59 AM
Please 2k, please bring back AIR CANADA.

Please bring back Mr video game Arcade dunk moves, Mr dunk over 7 footers, Mr T-Mac big cousin, Mr TNT Highlight, Mr Insanity, Mr "moma did he just do that"...............

IVERSON vs CARTER

The best little scorer VS The best dunk highlight basketball player to ever touch a NBA court....playoffs...Lights, Camera, Actionnnnn

IT's TIME!!!! ITS TIMEeeeeeeeeeeeee

WE NEED VINCE!! WE NEED VINSANITY..........

VINCE CARTER #15 RAPTORS

VC/2k sports fan

# 58 Biagas @ 08/30/12 01:09 AM
I'd like this.

Either

Raptors vince / tmac team

or

Raptors vince and Magic TMAC

and Garnett wolves to go with AI sixers and its good. If AI sixers made it in, im sure the 2000 or 2001 lakers will be in it.

# 59 Grown@ssMan85 @ 08/30/12 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Iverson should be higher a 97 I thought. Steals, handles,ball security, layups, verticle,mid range should all be high
so you are saying jordan didn't shoot alot to get numbers? kevin durant, melo, kobe bryant where is your logic all great scorers shoot alot if they didn't they wouldn't be great scorers would they????

# 60 Grown@ssMan85 @ 08/30/12 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightBaylien
UNLESS 2k revamped their rating system -- which I doubt they did -- all three of them are too high, tbh.
jared dudley yes i agree he is rated to high but allen iverson nah i don't think so go look at his numbers from the 2000-01 season then come back and tell me he is still rated to high

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.