Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

It looks like NBA Live 13 is coming out as a digital release after all and not a full on $60 AAA title if the report from IRB Gamer today is to be believed. This seems a pretty big admission that Live simply isn't ready for prime-time obviously, which also obviously seems to be the case. What a mess.

IRB Gamer has the scoop:

Quote:
"It’s been almost 3 years since we’ve released an NBA title,” the EA rep said. The tactic is to get feedback from gamers. However, it’s a bit risky to not run it as the AAA title as thedecision has been made to NOT put the game on disc.

Live will be looking at a price point around $19.99
,” equaling out to 1600 Microsoft Points or $20 PlayStation Network card.

What do you guys think? Smart decision by EA? Does this mean Live isn't up to par quality wise?

Sound off!

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NINJAK2 @ 08/30/12 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
Charging $20 instead of $60 was a smart decision

# 2 RayDog253 @ 08/30/12 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Charging $20 instead of $60 was a smart decision
Except now we're only getting a $20 game and not a full title...

# 3 bawlinb @ 08/30/12 07:28 PM
rediculous

# 4 oldman @ 08/30/12 07:37 PM
This is a horrible idea. The reason why is because it is barely a month away from the expected release of the game and EA has not told anyone that they aren't releasing the game on a disc. A little more info from EA could make this blow a little softer.

# 5 xman2k @ 08/30/12 07:40 PM
Wow karma, now EA is the one releasing the 20 dollar game to compete...

# 6 nova91 @ 08/30/12 07:40 PM
I got extra MS points I can spend, so I'll get it if this is true.

These are the same questions and issues I have.

Quote:
"Here is my issue with this; with NBA Live switching to a “digital” download, how will this affect graphics we’ve seen at E3? Leading to my next question which remains unanswered, when will we see any game footage? Previous gameplay that appeared was said to be pre-alpha, but if Arcade is the direction of this year’s release, how much more effort will be placed into the final build?"

# 7 King_B_Mack @ 08/30/12 07:42 PM
So I guess a demo of this game is out of the question? Pathetic EA. Absolutely pathetic. So now we have to pay you 20 bucks for a demo because you want feedback? I think I'm done with EA until they've got decision makers who aren't complete idiots who don't care about they're consumers.

# 8 mymannemcee @ 08/30/12 07:43 PM
Absolutely incredible. They really dropped the ball on this one.

Just give the ESPN license back to 2K and call it a day.

# 9 LionsFanNJ @ 08/30/12 07:43 PM
3 YEARS THO.

# 10 rudyjuly2 @ 08/30/12 07:45 PM
I think this is smart. The game at full price would have been a disaster and I wouldn't have considered it given what I have read. But $20 is a lot easier to swallow. I could be in but even at $20 I don't know.

# 11 liberaluser @ 08/30/12 07:46 PM
A $10 dollar release might be worth messing around with, but double that is highway robbery.

# 12 juicey79 @ 08/30/12 07:48 PM
Sad thing is people will buy because it is $20.
Why pay anything for messy gameplay and very limited enjoyment.
Please people dont buy it...hurt them at their bottom line (although i dont want anyone to lose their jobs)

# 13 chivs890 @ 08/30/12 07:49 PM
They're basically half way through the development of the game, and thought they might as well squeeze some money out of us.

# 14 addybojangles @ 08/30/12 07:52 PM
How is this a bad idea?

They're not charging a full price. And if they're serious about garnering feedback from players, isn't this kind of neat that we could have a possiblility of getting a really awesome Live next year?

# 15 Drewski @ 08/30/12 07:53 PM
There's going to be people divided on this - but it makes the most business sense to me for EA to do this. They will sell more copies of this as a $20 "arcade" game than they would for $60 retail, plus they won't have to spend money on distribution and materials.

However, as a "gamer", I won't touch this with a stick. The fact that this is going to be a $20 arcade game is just proof positive they know they didn't put a full fledged product on the shelf. A shame, three years and this is all that comes out on the other end? Man.

Moving on.

# 16 bigeastbumrush @ 08/30/12 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric

It looks like NBA Live 13 is coming out as a digital release after all and not a full on $60 AAA title if the report from IRB Gamer today is to be believed. This seems a pretty big admission that Live simply isn't ready for prime-time obviously, which also obviously seems to be the case. What a mess.

IRB Gamer has the scoop:

What do you guys think? Smart decision by EA? Does this mean Live isn't up to par quality wise?

Sound off!

# 17 barimanlhs @ 08/30/12 07:57 PM
I have similar feelings as Drewski. It makes sense for EA to do this because at least fans will be a little lenient about its issues rather than enraged since the cost is much lower. It is very concerning though that they cant release a full game after this long....its EA, one of the largest videogame companies around, they arent short on resources...

Im surprised that the NBA would allow this though....I though I read that both have to be the same price and release the same date? I could be wrong though

# 18 fluent2332 @ 08/30/12 07:57 PM
LOL at some of these negative responses. I swear the internet is mostly negative people. Anyway, as I said in the other thread, I'm thrilled that I only have to pay $20 to play an NBA game this year, that's pretty sweet. I'm also excited about playing the game and giving EA as much feedback as I possibly can. I hope it sells well and next year we get the full AAA title.

# 19 regs79 @ 08/30/12 07:58 PM
Well after doing the NBA 2K dance for the last 5 years where they release a janky game, patch it and somehow make it worse, before sort of fixing it, I'm ready for something else.

I'm willing to give this a shot for $20 assuming it's not entirely broken. Worst case scenario I can always play 2K12 with a roster update.

# 20 bigeastbumrush @ 08/30/12 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
LOL at some of these negative responses. I swear the internet is mostly negative people. Anyway, as I said in the other thread, I'm thrilled that I only have to pay $20 to play an NBA game this year, that's pretty sweet. I'm also excited about playing the game and giving EA as much feedback as I possibly can. I hope it sells well and next year we get the full AAA title.

« Previous1234567891920Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.