Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

It looks like NBA Live 13 is coming out as a digital release after all and not a full on $60 AAA title if the report from IRB Gamer today is to be believed. This seems a pretty big admission that Live simply isn't ready for prime-time obviously, which also obviously seems to be the case. What a mess.

IRB Gamer has the scoop:

Quote:
"It’s been almost 3 years since we’ve released an NBA title,” the EA rep said. The tactic is to get feedback from gamers. However, it’s a bit risky to not run it as the AAA title as thedecision has been made to NOT put the game on disc.

Live will be looking at a price point around $19.99
,” equaling out to 1600 Microsoft Points or $20 PlayStation Network card.

What do you guys think? Smart decision by EA? Does this mean Live isn't up to par quality wise?

Sound off!

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 381 StankonYa @ 09/03/12 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Some people don't wanna fork over 100 dollars for a official MS 250 GB hard drive.
Well the truth is .... I have no idea what the size of the game is going to be but I have a 250 gig drive. Like I said before I install all my games. It makes them perform better IMO.

I guess I'll just have to delete one I'm not playing. Still would rather have the disc but as of right now, it's no biggie.

# 382 StankonYa @ 09/03/12 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
He said he was willing to spend a few extra dollars to buy the game on disc but he probably could get a flash drive for the same cost as the additional cost for a disc copy.
Depending on the price of the flash drive needed, you may be right.

# 383 nyj721 @ 09/03/12 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artmind
44 pages about this crap game, Oh my gosh!!! Zombies!
Well to be fair I'd say at least a few pages have been more about 2K than Live.

# 384 nyj721 @ 09/03/12 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp3
yet they swear they dont care about the game.
Has anyone actually said that?

# 385 SHAKYR @ 09/03/12 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Has anyone actually said that?
Exactly! Fans of basketball gaming want the competition, but EA put up little to no fight going into release of NBA LIVE 2013. They fear EA may fold like they did with Elite even though some will be coming out will this be the end of the road?

People just surprise at fans supporting this game the way it looked. If you support a bad product it won't get better.

# 386 Cusefan @ 09/03/12 10:38 AM
This was a mistake coming in here, absolute cesspool of comments.

That being said, who cares if EA does a digitial release. Go buy the better game and be happy with it.

# 387 nova91 @ 09/03/12 12:42 PM
What I think is kinda funny, is that as more info came out about 2K and increasing possibility that this game is coming out as a digital download, the uptick in Live '13 chatter has decreased back to normal levels.

# 388 RayRay34 @ 09/03/12 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I said this before, but I wouldn't be surprised if they released it as a 'Games on Demand' game to avoid having a demo. Not sure how it works on PS3, but I'm sure there is a similar system to GoD.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if it goes GoD wouldn't it allow for it to be a larger game?

# 389 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/03/12 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Correct me if I'm wrong but if it goes GoD wouldn't it allow for it to be a larger game?
Yeah I don't think there is a limit on the size for GoD.

If anyone doesn't think it can happen, they released Resident Evil 4 and Crysis on GoD and nowhere else for next-gen, so using the GoD model for this game certainly is possible.

# 390 Boilerbuzz @ 09/03/12 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Some people don't wanna fork over 100 dollars for a official MS 250 GB hard drive.
Money didn't seem to be an issue...

# 391 King_B_Mack @ 09/03/12 10:01 PM
Quote:
Yeah I don't think there is a limit on the size for GoD.

If anyone doesn't think it can happen, they released Resident Evil 4 and Crysis on GoD and nowhere else for next-gen, so using the GoD model for this game certainly is possible.
Here's the thing though that I'm confused about regarding the whole thing. Those games weren't brand new titles being exclusively released On Demand. They were already on the market and eventually released as a GoD. I can't even remember any game in the GoD space on either system that was released brand new straight to the On Demand platform. It's always been disc releases that eventually came out GoD and typically a few weeks or at least a month after the retail disc release.

Can EA bypass that? Is that a rule that has to be followed or what? Maybe EA will finally open their mouthes and give some confirmation on SOMETHING tomorrow.

# 392 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/03/12 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Here's the thing though that I'm confused about regarding the whole thing. Those games weren't brand new titles being exclusively released On Demand. They were already on the market and eventually released as a GoD. I can't even remember any game in the GoD space on either system that was released brand new straight to the On Demand platform. It's always been disc releases that eventually came out GoD and typically a few weeks or at least a month after the retail disc release.

Can EA bypass that? Is that a rule that has to be followed or what? Maybe EA will finally open their mouthes and give some confirmation on SOMETHING tomorrow.
Yeah, until we hear something, anything, from EA - it's all just speculation and guessing.

# 393 Subversion @ 09/04/12 01:47 AM
Quote:
Yeah, until we hear something, anything, from EA - it's all just speculation and guessing.
With a month before release, EA doesn't even have community reps on this forum. You think they'll ever confirm or deny this before launch?

These are tell-tale signs of a company abandoning a franchise.

# 394 Pared @ 09/05/12 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversion
With a month before release, EA doesn't even have community reps on this forum. You think they'll ever confirm or deny this before launch?

These are tell-tale signs of a company abandoning a franchise.
There are reps here so you are wrong.

As has been mentioned quite a while ago, until EA can officially say something you shouldn't be expecting them to post. And your type of posts "calling them out" do absolutely nothing but harm the already minimal relationship we have.

So please do us all a favor and focus on the game for now.

# 395 Tomba @ 09/05/12 12:39 PM
Though ive formed an opinion of my own on this whole thing. Things WERE looking promising with how community events were being run early enough to get the game up to speed but somehow through the rigamarole and the Jay Z partnership LOL things just got well? stale.

EA did very well with Nba jam. and those looking for a quick "listen i dont wanna go to a store right now" fix might actually be interested in it.

I think EAsports is targeting a COMPLETELY diff market with the release of this as a digital download. MANY will blindly buy the way we blindly buy arcade game cuz well? "we're bored that night" LOL....

So again this games for an entirely different demographic and audience

OS makes up probably 25% of the user base of NBA Live anyway

# 396 BRxSKINSx @ 09/10/12 08:57 PM

So Live guy can STFU.....

# 397 SHAKYR @ 09/10/12 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Though ive formed an opinion of my own on this whole thing. Things WERE looking promising with how community events were being run early enough to get the game up to speed but somehow through the rigamarole and the Jay Z partnership LOL things just got well? stale.

EA did very well with Nba jam. and those looking for a quick "listen i dont wanna go to a store right now" fix might actually be interested in it.

I think EAsports is targeting a COMPLETELY diff market with the release of this as a digital download. MANY will blindly buy the way we blindly buy arcade game cuz well? "we're bored that night" LOL....

So again this games for an entirely different demographic and audience

OS makes up probably 25% of the user baseof NBA Live anyway

Tomba I heard this before and it's not always true. I called some producers out behind the scenes about word of mouth and the Internet can destroy a game. My argument was true for the game I was speaking of, because it sold badly.

# 398 rudenwoydreamin @ 09/12/12 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreezy18
You can't be serious. Let me go hypothetical on you here:

Let's say downloadable content for consoles existed as it does today back in 1997-2001. Golden Eye 007 released for the standard $50 for regular retail. For reasons noted to include lack in quality, Rare decides to release the spiritual successor, Perfect Dark, for $16 as a downloadable title. When I buy this don't think I'm, or anybody else who's not satisfied, is just going to automatically say, "it's ok, this was only a third of the usual price". If something sucks and people have the desire to complain about it, they will, regardless of price. When people buy NBA Live 13 and they're not satisfied you better believe EA will hear about it.
YAY!!Yea people complaining that's the whole point. EA did mention They wanted feedback. What is happening right here with this whole EA, Elite, Live, NBA 2K, Fanboy(on both sides of the fence) situation is very interesting. The sports gaming market is taking a step being that this game, has a big name publisher, big name sports license, and will be download only for the low low. If I am not mistaken this is a first. I really cant make any predictions on if this is the right way to go or not, but I do respect EAs gamble(hustle). A game constantly on a hard drive and is pretty much instantly patchable. Any glitches will be reported and patched accordingly. No More Passion of the Bynum.

However, I do find it Ironic that a game entitled Elite can come up with a somewhat true to life depiction of Bynum's fate as a LA Laker. In this case this game was ahead of its time if you ask me. And to think if building a game for a future installment with no real feedback or data to go off of wasn't hard enough. After all Elite was never released to the masses it was cast away treated as a bad memory and a mistake. No money was made for the effort that was put forth. Do Not let your tainted perception of EA the company get in the way of your respect for hardworking people with student loans to pay. 20$ is a more than fair enough price for all the transgressions many of you have gone through dealing with this franchise.

In closing what I gather from this situation is Live 13 is built on an Engine that hasn't really gotten any burn, but is 20 dollars worth the price of admission to help try it out? I love Live and Elite so 20 dollars for a downloadable game that I have a genuine interest in and can be easily improved upon the more it gets played sounds like a worth it investment.
I am patiently awaiting its release and any info, scarce as it may be.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.