Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

It looks like NBA Live 13 is coming out as a digital release after all and not a full on $60 AAA title if the report from IRB Gamer today is to be believed. This seems a pretty big admission that Live simply isn't ready for prime-time obviously, which also obviously seems to be the case. What a mess.

IRB Gamer has the scoop:

Quote:
"It’s been almost 3 years since we’ve released an NBA title,” the EA rep said. The tactic is to get feedback from gamers. However, it’s a bit risky to not run it as the AAA title as thedecision has been made to NOT put the game on disc.

Live will be looking at a price point around $19.99
,” equaling out to 1600 Microsoft Points or $20 PlayStation Network card.

What do you guys think? Smart decision by EA? Does this mean Live isn't up to par quality wise?

Sound off!

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 liberaluser @ 08/30/12 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
what everyone is missing is that nba live 13 was never suppose to nor was goin to compete wit 2k13..nba live 13 was ment & still is a buzz game to get live back on the basketball gaming community radar.
It's more of a buzz killler at this point.

# 62 noshun @ 08/30/12 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
I'm "moonwalking" because I'm not overly negative like the rest of you, and can see the bright side of things at all times? Okay. Right on. I'd rather moonwalk all day like the great MJ than have a mindset like you or any of your buddies.
No youre moonwalking because youre runner up in the magic words of the day as well... I underlined them for you

Quote:
I hope it sells well and next year we get the full AAA title.

# 63 RandomPerson @ 08/30/12 08:52 PM
Quote:
Responses in bold!
LOL at comparing Live 13 to NFL 2K5, the greatest NFL game of all time. NFL 2K5 was a huge steal at $20 because of how great the game was. Live 13 won't be anything more than bad.

# 64 JBCAROLINAKID @ 08/30/12 08:52 PM
Quote:
what everyone is missing is that nba live 13 was never suppose to nor was goin to compete wit 2k13..nba live 13 was ment & still is a buzz game to get live back on the basketball gaming community radar. it was never goin to compete wit 2k13...i been saying 4 the longest that the real nba live game was goin to be in 2014. live wasn't goin to come out the door and compete. ea didn't even get a full development cycle for live 13. but ea also new that skipping another year would of been foolish tho. drop the game as a dlc somthin fun.
release add on an what not... then put 2gether a full high quality product that will compete. they'll get a full development for next second.. ea put themseve in a positon to compete 4 next season. their nuth they could of done to compete know. 2k is just way way way way to much....

If you really believe that i feel sorry for you.

# 65 23 @ 08/30/12 08:53 PM
Quote:
LOL at some of these negative responses. I swear the internet is mostly negative people. Anyway, as I said in the other thread, I'm thrilled that I only have to pay $20 to play an NBA game this year, that's pretty sweet. I'm also excited about playing the game and giving EA as much feedback as I possibly can. I hope it sells well and next year we get the full AAA title.

# 66 youvalss @ 08/30/12 08:54 PM
Quote:
what everyone is missing is that nba live 13 was never suppose to nor was goin to compete wit 2k13..nba live 13 was ment & still is a buzz game to get live back on the basketball gaming community radar. it was never goin to compete wit 2k13...i been saying 4 the longest that the real nba live game was goin to be in 2014. live wasn't goin to come out the door and compete. ea didn't even get a full development cycle for live 13. but ea also new that skipping another year would of been foolish tho. drop the game as a dlc somthin fun.
release add on an what not... then put 2gether a full high quality product that will compete. they'll get a full development for next second.. ea put themseve in a positon to compete 4 next season. their nuth they could of done to compete know. 2k is just way way way way to much....
Funny, but I do remember EA saying "2K this" and "2K that" early on...

I see you still believe in the 3-year cycle thing, eh? In 2014 you'll say "Next year they're going to put a great game". They have already fooled you twice (or maybe 5 times?). We'll see...

# 67 Gramps91 @ 08/30/12 08:55 PM
It's according to how the game is when it's in its final build. If it's at least decent then I'll get it if it goes on sale. Who knows I may even buy it for $20, but not right away. I'm going to wait until some others buy it and see what they say as well as check out gameplay.
I think it's pretty smart actually. I don't know what in the world they've been doing since Live 10, but if they know for sure it's not going to compete with 2k13 they may as well do it like this, and it does offer a chance for fan feedback.
I just don't understand why they didn't stick with the Live 10 engine and just make it better. I had a lot of fun with Live 10. I think 2k11 and 2k12 are quite a bit better but Live 10 wasn't a bad title at all.

# 68 fluent2332 @ 08/30/12 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
No youre moonwalking because youre runner up in the magic words of the day as well... I underlined them for you
So what's your point? I am excited for Live 13 even if it's a $20 game. A little bit of me is excited to know that a AAA title will be coming in the future too. Something wrong with that? I'm still 100% focused on Live 13 and this year. I have no doubts I will be getting a solid game for my $20.

# 69 fluent2332 @ 08/30/12 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That .gif is hilarious.

# 70 liberaluser @ 08/30/12 08:59 PM
Remember what the EA ad whizzes say: bad press is still good press!

# 71 jersez @ 08/30/12 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric

It looks like NBA Live 13 is coming out as a digital release after all and not a full on $60 AAA title if the report from IRB Gamer today is to be believed. This seems a pretty big admission that Live simply isn't ready for prime-time obviously, which also obviously seems to be the case. What a mess.

IRB Gamer has the scoop:

What do you guys think? Smart decision by EA? Does this mean Live isn't up to par quality wise?

Sound off!
The best one I could find with such short notices.

# 72 youvalss @ 08/30/12 09:00 PM
Just for the record, I can promise you all, even as no EA-supporter, that if EA ever puts a great basketball game, I'm going to pay for it and buy it early on. I really am. Just like many of you I would love to see more than one basketball game every year.

If EA guys ever read this, just to let you know. Quality sells. Marketing can't replace quality. Put a great basketball game, it'll pay off.

# 73 jfsolo @ 08/30/12 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think that this may be the best gif ever. It's only appropriate for about a billion different scenarios.

# 74 NikeBlitz @ 08/30/12 09:02 PM
Xbox live Arcade size limit is 2go. Not sure how they will deal with it.

# 75 K0ZZ @ 08/30/12 09:06 PM
They do put out trials for XBA games, so you can try it out for free.

The 2GB might be surpassed since it's EA and Microsoft and Sony will likely allow more leniency to an established developer. If it's under 2 GB than that is a issue. Probably wasn't going to buy it anyways but I'll definitely try it out anyways.

# 76 HustlinOwl @ 08/30/12 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric

IRB Gamer has the scoop:

Sound off!

# 77 willh313 @ 08/30/12 09:14 PM
Would have preferred $15 but this is fine, I think it's its a good move . Now if they 4actually fix it by release it could be a sleeper hit like NFL2K5 was....what...I can have hope can't I? Yea but still getting that 2K13 regardless....just sayin....

# 78 fitzgerald434 @ 08/30/12 09:15 PM
To be honest I think this is a smart move by EA having a 20$ price I'm guessing EA is doing this as a way to make up for the fans for canceling Elite 11 and then skipping a year as well. And for just 20$ I wouldnt mind buying the game as long as EA fixed the issues we saw in the leaked footage then I'll buy it.

# 79 Slim4824 @ 08/30/12 09:16 PM
I've paid $20 for an arcade title, Perfect Dark. If they would have released this game full price on disk people would be complaining that they should have charged only $20 because that's all it's worth. People will never be happy with EA no matter what they do. Be happy we get a complete BB game for this price. If you don't like it don't buy it. Play 2K and move on. At least it's another option.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

# 80 bamalam @ 08/30/12 09:17 PM
Digital only $20 price tag will let them CYA, and you can already see it in the article.

EA guys will come out and say they didnt invest any more time in the game as they left it in developmental stage to gather feedback

WAIT TILL NEXT F'ING YEAR, CAUSE IF ITS IN THE GAME, THEN WAIT TIL THEN BECAUSE ... well, we.. because we are executing a new direction that you have never seen before, and,... well 2k better watch out cause we have a 3 year plan.. to... bring a ...AAA ... well we gotta wait until november so we can get our new guys together that have won at every level of basketball except for college... and ,uh the pro level!!! Yeah!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.