Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SouthBeach @ 08/31/12 04:50 PM

# 42 spankdatazz22 @ 08/31/12 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
No offense taken. We just think that these insights are lacking in content. A lot of it is usual game industry buzzwords, and very little of it is gameplay footage.

That's all we're saying. We're not claiming to boycott the game or anything.
Cool. I know no one's boycotting the game over this release; I just don't know what some expect. Last year they had very detailed write-ups; one in particular on new audio examples was very detailed/gave audio examples. Half the people that responded in the thread said it was worthless because they wanted [something else].

Personally I think these types of informational releases are necessary because people take subtle things with the game for granted. I think people can't expect to have their minds blown every time information is released.

# 43 LM1213 @ 08/31/12 05:01 PM
I liked the video. The only thing I thought was weird is that she spoke about the fingers grabbing the rim, but the screen was cut off so we couldn't see.

# 44 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/31/12 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
A full breakdown of SIGNATURE SKILLS - in depth, is coming Sunday.

You know, nothing really.
We already know the gist of signature skills. What about tendencies, sliders? Association? Online (which was a train wreck last year compared to 2K7 and such)?

# 45 Da_Czar @ 08/31/12 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
It's no wonder the rosters are always off 2k insider is to focused on the cheerleaders and mascots.
It was more than likely a joke. As most of us think he is clueless anyway.

# 46 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/31/12 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
It was more than likely a joke. As most of us think he is clueless anyway.
I really wouldn't put it past him at this point.

# 47 rhein77 @ 08/31/12 05:17 PM
We the fans are yearning for more info... More gameplay please. Stop being stingy 2K and drop the hammer with the information.

Harrison Barnes looks spot on. Going to be fun running with Golden State. Going to be fun breaking ankles with the control stick as Curry can attest to lol.

# 48 JustSteve @ 08/31/12 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie
lebron has the same cyber face from 2k12 SMH! Wtf. And why do the headbands look so little and and the logos on them so small?
They need to update his receding hair line every year and keep push back the headband to cover it.

# 49 ecovyoudug @ 08/31/12 05:42 PM
Cool little insight, I definitely expected a little more. And if it was just animations I wanted to actually see MORE animations during this video rather than the 2k crew lol. But that's cool we're hitting Sept. should be a lot of updates involving Gameplay, Association, My Player, etc.

# 50 BlakkMajik3000 @ 08/31/12 05:52 PM
I liked what they said about adding more "transition animations". There are a lot of subtle movements in such a constantly moving game such as basketball, especially when it comes to player contact, so I'm glad they really focused on making the game smoother overall.

Not that I found anything particularly bad about any of the animations in 2K12, but more animations will only add to the already superb realistic feel of the game.

# 51 Sundown @ 08/31/12 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duwares
Another ankle injury, lmao
Lol. Realism.

Damn! They didn't even fix David Lee's face this year. He might be the worst likeness in the game and looks like we're stuck with his poor cyberface another year. 2K is a bay area company. You'd think they'd make sure they got the most highly paid Warrior right.

Arrrgh.

# 52 illwill10 @ 08/31/12 06:00 PM
A good weekend/ahead. A full breakdown of Sig Skills. My Player info usually given out on the 1st week of Sept.

# 53 mrmass413 @ 08/31/12 06:04 PM
I really liked the video good to know that they cover every detail down to the wrinkle in they're forhead I'm so stoked

# 54 GSWarriors9 @ 08/31/12 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Lol. Realism.

Damn! They didn't even fix David Lee's face this year. He might be the worst likeness in the game and looks like we're stuck with his poor cyberface another year. 2K is a bay area company. You'd think they'd make sure they got the most highly paid Warrior right.

Arrrgh.
Right David Lee definitely needs a new face! Curry has the same face as well although it's not too bad. Barnes looks good.

Looking at the Warriors away jerseys they look alittle more like the darker royal blue like real life, hard to tell. What do you think?

# 55 ~: AkaDemiK :~ @ 08/31/12 06:11 PM
Nice. They added Curry's weak ankles into the game.

# 56 Sundown @ 08/31/12 06:14 PM
I like these insights but of course lament the lack of real gameplay footage.

There has been less official/semi-official gameplay footage from 2K themselves than from Live 13. Let that sink in a little. Lol.

# 57 Sundown @ 08/31/12 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWarriors9
Right David Lee definitely needs a new face! Curry has the same face as well although it's not too bad. Barnes looks good.

Looking at the Warriors away jerseys they look alittle more like the darker royal blue like real life, hard to tell. What do you think?
I can live with Curry's face since its a decent likeness and it improved from 2K11. Lee's face actually took a step back. I really don't know how they came up with that face if they were using texture maps and modeling from real photos.

I'm not sure if the blue looks darker because it's changed or because 2K puts a contrast filter for their promo video. Barnes does look good. They've been doing a great job on the rookies last few years.

# 58 iLLmatic @ 08/31/12 06:23 PM
2K, you guys are wrong for showing Curry getting did by Rondo like that...but it is realistic and true since Curry has been known to crack his glass slipper from time to time.

# 59 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 08/31/12 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLmatic
2K, you guys are wrong for showing Curry getting did by Rondo like that...but it is realistic and true since Curry has been known to crack his glass slipper from time to time.
He gets the "Reverse-Ankle-Breaker" signature skill.

# 60 J_Posse @ 08/31/12 06:34 PM
Another nice insight, 2K. Liked hearing about adding more lay-up and dunk animations, while improving facial animations - no more goofy looking 2K11 smiles - and continuing to pusher for realism. Sounds like this game is going to be a winner.

Spoiler

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.