Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 TheUndogmatic @ 09/01/12 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
A full breakdown of SIGNATURE SKILLS - in depth, is coming Sunday.

You know, nothing really.

How do you know when they're gonna come out?

# 82 hanes @ 09/01/12 01:41 AM
I cant believe they just spent time trying to tell us, gamers, about what motion capture is and how it works. They act like this is new technology or something. That was a waste.

Ive been on board with pretty much everything they have shown so far this year though.

Speaking of animations, there are two things that they really need to work on.

1. The crowd. Look at that portion where Griffen is dunking. NOBODY IS LOOKING!!! Not one person in the crowd looks at him. They should have their heads turned toward him and some fans should point. During a game, the crowd should track the ball as they go up and down the court. They all just look straight ahead. Not very realistic. It would really give the impression that the crowd is into the game.

2. The players eyes. They have always looked dead to me. I think i know why. A real persons eyes are always moving, even slightly, kinda darting around. The players eyes should do this too, kinda dart back and forth to all the things going on around the court, like they are actually observing it

# 83 2_headedmonster @ 09/01/12 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndogmatic
How do you know when they're gonna come out?
He figured out the code that the developers left in bits in pieces on the forum, combined that answer with clues from commercials, then he submitted an email with his deductions, and was rewarded with early info.

...either that or he works for 2ks marketing. either way...

# 84 Conda @ 09/01/12 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
He figured out the code that the developers left in bits in pieces on the forum, combined that answer with clues from commercials, then he submitted an email with his deductions, and was rewarded with early info.

Haha! That was priceless.

# 85 SouthBeach @ 09/01/12 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanes

1. The crowd. Look at that portion where Griffen is dunking. NOBODY IS LOOKING!!! Not one person in the crowd looks at him. They should have their heads turned toward him and some fans should point. During a game, the crowd should track the ball as they go up and down the court. They all just look straight ahead. Not very realistic. It would really give the impression that the crowd is into the game.

2. The players eyes. They have always looked dead to me. I think i know why. A real persons eyes are always moving, even slightly, kinda darting around. The players eyes should do this too, kinda dart back and forth to all the things going on around the court, like they are actually observing it
Probably an incidental event, but I have this replay saved where I dunked on Gasol with Wade and drew the foul.
And as Wade walked away, Kobe made a b-line towards Wade and seemed to be talking trash while cutting his eyes at him in a disgusted manner as Wade walked to the free throw line.

# 86 lockdownD @ 09/01/12 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreezy18
Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but I could've sworn I saw some sweat on the player models in that video. I haven't seen that since NBA 2K11.
I've really tried looking for players sweating in the videos and pics shown for 2k13 - watching everything in 720p and blown up on my screen, but I still haven't noticed any sweat yet. The players faces still look just kind of shiny to me like they did in 2k12. I saw someone mention recently on here that players sweating was supposed to be back in 2k13. So I'm hopeful and got my fingers crossed on that. In 2k11 the progressive sweating of players added alot of realism to the game and also looked really cool too.

# 87 Vni @ 09/01/12 07:51 AM
Haven't seen any sweat yet either.

# 88 Goffs @ 09/01/12 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdownD
I've really tried looking for players sweating in the videos and pics shown for 2k13 - watching everything in 720p and blown up on my screen, but I still haven't noticed any sweat yet. The players faces still look just kind of shiny to me like they did in 2k12. I saw someone mention recently on here that players sweating was supposed to be back in 2k13. So I'm hopeful and got my fingers crossed on that. In 2k11 the progressive sweating of players added alot of realism to the game and also looked really cool too.
2k6 had the best sweat effect IMO

oh wow they even had a commercial about it lol
http://adland.tv/commercials/xbox-36...at-2005-15-usa

# 89 Vni @ 09/01/12 08:25 AM
That's awesome yeah. 2K7 had same kind of sweat if I remember correctly. They could even add signature sweat lol.

Like Kobe would sweat ton while Durant would stay dry all game long.

# 90 LD2k @ 09/01/12 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
That's awesome yeah. 2K7 had same kind of sweat if I remember correctly. They could even add signature sweat lol.

Like Kobe would sweat ton while Durant would stay dry all game long.

# 91 LD2k @ 09/01/12 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster

This...

# 92 TreyIM2 @ 09/01/12 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanes
I cant believe they just spent time trying to tell us, gamers, about what motion capture is and how it works. They act like this is new technology or something. That was a waste.

Ive been on board with pretty much everything they have shown so far this year though.

Speaking of animations, there are two things that they really need to work on.

Good points. Imagine how much more a sense of gaming excitement crowd head tracking would give a person. I don't know if the tech is here, yet, though because I have never seen that in any sports videogame, including tennis....that I recall. I think we can pencil that in for next gen.

# 93 TeamBuilder @ 09/01/12 01:04 PM
So the 2K Insider likes to watch the dancers and the cheerleaders... No wonder the rosters are always messed up/out of date, he's not even paying attention to his job

But for real, It'll be cool to see that the "penguin" hands are gone, especially on dunks.

# 94 NINJAK2 @ 09/01/12 04:32 PM
I hope they improved the animations regarding injuries. The animations with the injured players are fine, it's the animations of the other players on the floor that need work. They just go into a zombie like state.

# 95 Jakeness23 @ 09/01/12 04:50 PM
@LD2K

Have you seen this thread?

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/562223-nba-2k13-lets-talk-about-nba-authenticity-artistic-improvements-17.html

Because if art can be taken to the next level like the gameplay has been, then it would make this game PERFECT!

# 96 LD2k @ 09/01/12 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
@LD2K

Have you seen this thread?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ements-17.html

Because if art can be taken to the next level like the gameplay has been, then it would make this game PERFECT!
I see everything and am always talking to the team about suggestions.

# 97 Grown@ssMan85 @ 09/01/12 07:26 PM
hopefully them signature skills don't make the game *ARCADEY* cause that Rondo Animation got me nervous I like the attention to detail in the gameplay department but 2k needs to step there game up when it comes to the player faces

# 98 LD2k @ 09/01/12 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grown@ssMan85
hopefully them signature skills don't make the game *ARCADEY*
It doesn't.

# 99 unknowndevil @ 09/01/12 09:30 PM
after hearing 2k insider saying I was actually wondering did 2k hire some cheerleader and let them dance in the studio so they can catch the motion and transfer to computer.

If so I might stop skipping time out session.

BTW @LD2k, I don't want start a new thread about this again, but do you have any idea about whether 2k will do the last name inclusion for my player?

# 100 mymannemcee @ 09/01/12 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
It doesn't.
Thank God.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.