Home
NHL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

EA Sports has also posted a detailed NHL 13 Ultimate Team blog.

Quote:
For the first time in HUT history you can create a fantasy team without the restrictions of career lengths or a salary cap. You can tap into a pool of over 4,000 players from across the NHL, AHL, CHL, Elitserien, SM Liiga, DEL, Czech Extraliga, and SNL.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 crankybaker @ 08/31/12 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Triton
No salary cap or career limits? Way to suck some of the strategic fun out of a great mode. What a waste.
Yeah it is a shame but we do have Gm connected. Two things I would like to change is making it harder to get great players and take away or only play people who don't buy packs with real money.

# 2 Majingir @ 08/31/12 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybaker
Yeah it is a shame but we do have Gm connected. Two things I would like to change is making it harder to get great players and take away or only play people who don't buy packs with real money.
Ya, that's one thing that at times gets annoying, is the people who actually pay all this money, just so they can have a good win-loss record on a video game.

Though most of the times, it seems like the people selling cards, are just ones who play a few games per day, and get thousands of pucks each day(just from playing)

They should have a limit, like you can only put up a max of 30 cards per day(cause some people just put up 30 cards on the block, leave it for an hour, then an hour later, get all their pucks from the cards they sold, and continue to sell cards over and over again)

That was one thing that made me not as interested in HUT was how you had to be almost completely dedicated to it, in order to be successful

# 3 ericromain @ 08/31/12 06:59 PM
This was my favorite mode each of the past 2 years, but i'd get annoyed by the teams that were obviously stacked from buying packs.

The mobile app is a kinda nice addition if it works smoothly, i could see myself playing with that at work.

I was hoping this mode would get more challenging, but no cap, no career limit, a line optimizer, and you can still buy packs? They completely dumb downed and neutered this mode. I'll probably be going back to online vs unless i love gm connected.

# 4 crankybaker @ 08/31/12 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Ya, that's one thing that at times gets annoying, is the people who actually pay all this money, just so they can have a good win-loss record on a video game.

Though most of the times, it seems like the people selling cards, are just ones who play a few games per day, and get thousands of pucks each day(just from playing)

They should have a limit, like you can only put up a max of 30 cards per day(cause some people just put up 30 cards on the block, leave it for an hour, then an hour later, get all their pucks from the cards they sold, and continue to sell cards over and over again)

That was one thing that made me not as interested in HUT was how you had to be almost completely dedicated to it, in order to be successful
Completly agree,

The AH so a joke, it just gets flodded and really makes the trade opition well useless unless you know the person. I think the people who don't buy packs should get a 2nd AH or something to combat this spamming, and maybe a tourny or two to help us cheap users .

Otherwise I don't mind the no cap and game limti as long as it is hard to get great cards by buying packs.

# 5 drewst18 @ 08/31/12 08:13 PM
Don't judge. I buy packs and I have terrible win loss record. It is fun collecting cards/packs. The additions this year make it easier for those to build a team without paying cause before you almost had to pay to stay in mid-upper 90's but now players won't retire so it will help those who complain about the people who buy their team...

# 6 SinisterAlex @ 08/31/12 09:49 PM
I don't see a problem with removing the Salary Cap and Career limits. The reason why FIFA's Ultimate Team is so popular is because off this. I played HUT for maybe 24 hours total while with FIFA 12's FUT, I spent days in that mode.

# 7 crankybaker @ 08/31/12 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
Don't judge. I buy packs and I have terrible win loss record. It is fun collecting cards/packs. The additions this year make it easier for those to build a team without paying cause before you almost had to pay to stay in mid-upper 90's but now players won't retire so it will help those who complain about the people who buy their team...
Mate buy what ever you want I am not saying stop that feature. I just want something in the game that rewards the people who don't buy the packs and earn the team, but because we we don't pay more money and spend more time with the game we are at a disadvantage...how is that fair in anyway

# 8 jyoung @ 08/31/12 10:36 PM
No career limits is great.

But they should at least give people the option to use a salary cap if they want when searching for games or tournaments.

# 9 statnut @ 09/01/12 12:33 AM
I wish there was a trade block and an auction block. There are some cards I'd rather trade than sell.

# 10 dmacgreg37 @ 09/01/12 08:53 AM
Off-topic, but does anyone know the song playing in the background?

# 11 Cletus @ 09/01/12 10:28 AM
The reason the no salary cap and no career limits works in Fifa is because there's so many players. Pulling an 85 rated player FIFA is really great. In HUT, it's just opening another pack. I guess now people will have an all legends second or third line(maybe both) hiding behind their NHL first line. If anything they should have lowered the salary cap, not by a huge amount, but maybe a little bit. Now AHL and CHL players are gonna be useless.

# 12 Rhinoboy50 @ 09/01/12 11:18 AM
I love the no career limits because then you could effectively try to collect (and use) EVERY HUT card. But, I wiSh there were salary caps still. Imagine the types of tournament restrictions you could have if you encouraged people to collect all the cards and they were infinitely usable. (ie Swedish born, 18 year olds who shoot right handed). This severely limits non-NHL player desirability.

# 13 ajaxab @ 09/01/12 05:01 PM
I don't think EA is doing a very good job of communicating here. Clearly, according to the blog, there are still contracts (see the bullet point under 'Build' and the section under Common/Rare). It would seem that they have to play some role for those who want to use them. Maybe they'll have separate tournaments for salary cap players and non-salary cap players, but unless the blog is flat out lying or the contracts mean nothing, then the salary cap still appears to be in the game.

# 14 Panicshade @ 09/01/12 05:14 PM
On the NHL 13 stream that EA had the day before the demo came out I believe they said that there will be certain tournaments and such that will require a salary cap

EDIT: at about 2 hours and 4 minutes into the stream they talk about the salary cap for HUT

http://livestre.am/45Wmm

# 15 [Icy] @ 09/01/12 06:25 PM
The dumbed it down to be played like fifa hut, but they forgot the biggest difference between soccer and hockey, that is the the top soccer players are playing in the leagues worldwide, while the top hockey players play mainly in only one league, the nhl.

I'm going to miss a lot to sign young prospects to develop them, now there only use for players from outside the nhl will be for tournaments that require you to have only chl players etc.

# 16 Rhinoboy50 @ 09/02/12 09:10 AM
Agreed. Young talent becomes pointless.

# 17 TDKing @ 09/02/12 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Triton
No salary cap or career limits? Way to suck some of the strategic fun out of a great mode. What a waste.
I didn't use the mode much but this is the first thing I thought of too.

# 18 MFin04 @ 09/04/12 12:44 PM
So what is the purpose of training young players if veterans last forever and have better overalls to begin with?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.