Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

During the 2K Live-stream, we managed to capture Kevin Durant's Signature Skills for NBA 2K13. As Ronnie explained, Durant will have the Shot Creator, Microwave, Deadeye, Closer and Finisher Signature Skills. The image also shows a glimpse at what Jay-Z has been working on, as Executive Producer.

LD2K mentioned via Twitter the following.

Quote:
The difference between a FINISHER & a CLOSER is:
  • CLOSER: This player raises his game in clutch moments.
  • FINISHER: This player is adept at finishing contact layups and dunks at a higher rate than others.
More details in the Dev writeup (and video) coming Sunday via the Live-stream.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 2k10Fonzarelli @ 08/31/12 06:28 PM
you know, im not minding these new overlays. Actually kind of nice.

Keep em commin!

Still listing him at 6'9" eh? Oh well, thats what editing is there for.

# 2 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 08/31/12 06:30 PM
Could of had ankle breaker as well. By far has the best crossover at the SF position.

# 3 sharks80 @ 08/31/12 06:30 PM
really like the interface colors are great, can't wait to see more

# 4 Scramz718 @ 08/31/12 06:34 PM
Shot creator and Deadeye KD's stepback Jumper is going to be mean

# 5 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 08/31/12 06:34 PM
Ooh, Finisher is a nice one. I'm guessing it's the extra ability to score while getting fouled hard at the rim...

# 6 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 08/31/12 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
you know, im not minding these new overlays. Actually kind of nice.

Keep em commin!

Still listing him at 6'9" eh? Oh well, thats what editing is there for.
Yeah, that's annoying. He's really closer to 6'11" than 6'9", but they could at least have him at 6'10".

# 7 J_Posse @ 08/31/12 06:39 PM
So, from looking at that screenshot is it far to assume that the signature skills are causing a boost in the overall rating? Thus, having more signature skills (like a Durant or LeBron) will cause in even bigger boost?

I'm really liking the feature and can't wait to see Duncan, Ginobili and Parker's ratings and skills.

# 8 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 08/31/12 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
So, from looking at that screenshot is it far to assume that the signature skills are causing a boost in the overall rating? Thus, having more signature skills (like a Durant or LeBron) will cause in even bigger boost?

I'm like the feature and can't wait to see Duncan, Ginobili and Parker ratings and skills.
I don't think it affects the rating at all, but we'll find out soon enough I guess.

# 9 Review @ 08/31/12 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Could of had ankle breaker as well. By far has the best crossover at the SF position.
I don`t see how that warrants him getting the skill. Ankle breaker should be reserved for the guys who do it the best (Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, and Dwayne Wade), otherwise there`s no point to sig skills. Hopefully 2k has only given these sig skills to the guys who do it best.

# 10 Rensational14 @ 08/31/12 06:41 PM
Dont really like the impact of Jay-Z in the layout thing.. I like it tho that u can see the Offense/Defense rating of a player, i've never played 2k12, but in 2k11 u could only see it when you looked at the numbers players putted up in a Asso. So thats a good point for me, im not that familiar with ALL the players

# 11 Duwares @ 08/31/12 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks80
really like the interface colors are great, can't wait to see more
I concur, it's very interesting.

# 12 ojandpizza @ 08/31/12 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
Ooh, Finisher is a nice one. I'm guessing it's the extra ability to score while getting fouled hard at the rim...
lol. 😂😂😂😂

# 13 rhein77 @ 08/31/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
No way ... Tyreke Evans has the best crossover at the SF
I second this. It is not even debatable.

# 14 LD2k @ 08/31/12 06:44 PM
I actually had to zoom in on these ratings screens to avoid spoiling the new (censored).

Oh wait, we can't talk about (censored) yet?

More news on the way.

# 15 ojandpizza @ 08/31/12 06:45 PM
Even if somebody did think Durant had the best crossover that alone by no means makes him an ankle-breaker lol.. I guess I've just missed all the killer crossover, ankle-breaking moments of Durants career

# 16 mlp111 @ 08/31/12 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Even if somebody did think Durant had the best crossover that alone by no means makes him an ankle-breaker lol.. I guess I've just missed all the killer crossover, ankle-breaking moments of Durants career
youtube buddy

# 17 LD2k @ 08/31/12 06:48 PM
I've been asked this on twitter and will quote what was aired on the live-stream.

The difference between a FINISHER & a CLOSER is:
  • CLOSER: This player raises his game in clutch moments.
  • FINISHER: This player is adept at finishing contact layups and dunks at a higher rate than others.
More details in the Dev writeup (and video) coming Sunday via the Live-stream.

# 18 Biagas @ 08/31/12 06:49 PM
Didn't ronnnie 2k say KD was rated 95?

# 19 LD2k @ 08/31/12 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biagas
Didn't ronnnie 2k say KD was rated 95?
At the time - KD was a 95.

Ratings are always subject to change as we mentioned back when we announced Durant's ratings.

# 20 JasonMartin @ 08/31/12 06:53 PM
Seriously, I think this new layout is horrible. I don't know where to watch, it's too much.

It just looks ugly as hell with the volume bars on the sides and then you got almost the exact same bars showing his offensive and defensive skills , too many different colors of yellow/gold. I can't really read the numbers well (not because it's tiny, the colors don't mix well). You also mix straight lines with curvy ones. The way it was in 2K11/12 was good. This, no.

I sound like a whiny kid, but why change it so drastically compared to 2K11/12? You could have done it much tighter and better.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.