Home
NBA 2K13 News Post


During the 2K Live-stream, we managed to capture Kevin Durant's Signature Skills for NBA 2K13. As Ronnie explained, Durant will have the Shot Creator, Microwave, Deadeye, Closer and Finisher Signature Skills. The image also shows a glimpse at what Jay-Z has been working on, as Executive Producer.

LD2K mentioned via Twitter the following.

Quote:
The difference between a FINISHER & a CLOSER is:
  • CLOSER: This player raises his game in clutch moments.
  • FINISHER: This player is adept at finishing contact layups and dunks at a higher rate than others.
More details in the Dev writeup (and video) coming Sunday via the Live-stream.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 01:53 AM
It's the same thing every year with 2K, I swear. 2 steps forward, 4 steps back.
 
# 102 Vni @ 09/01/12 01:58 AM
I don't think it's that bad really.

We still don't know where 2K has took a step back. 'Still'
 
# 103 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I don't think it's that bad really.
My point is that they just do things that they have no business doing that the game could simply do without. But for some reason or another, we get things like lock-on defense, terrible online, CPU players not playing realistically, "signature skills," etc.
 
# 104 silverskier @ 09/01/12 02:01 AM
Play the game, then take the appropiate conclusions. Dunno why people is saying it is an arcade thing without having played it
 
# 105 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/01/12 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide3883
hence why the clutch skill scares me, game winner cheese
If thats the case it makes the game more realistic in a sense that you keep the ball out of a stars hand at all times during moments like these. You see kobe coming up with seconds on a clock and a chance to put it away you force somebody else to beat you
 
# 106 Vni @ 09/01/12 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDAxBALLA954
If thats the case it makes the game more realistic in a sense that you keep the ball out of a stars hand at all times during moments like these. You see kobe coming up with seconds on a clock and a chance to put it away you force somebody else to beat you
Just like you would in 2K12 where there is no skill traits.

I just hope 2K didn't go too far with this.
 
# 107 Phreezy P @ 09/01/12 02:05 AM
I hate when people complain about things before the game comes out. Because ironically, when the game actually comes out, everything that they complained about actually turns out to be a good thing, and most of the things they praised end up bad.
 
# 108 shadio5 @ 09/01/12 02:18 AM
NBA LIVE did something like this i believe in 95 or 97. But of course live had it more arcade

Labels, i hate labels & symbols an one word identity withit comes to ratings


VC/2k sports fan
 
# 109 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/01/12 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
My point is that they just do things that they have no business doing that the game could simply do without. But for some reason or another, we get things like lock-on defense, terrible online, CPU players not playing realistically, "signature skills," etc.
If you hate it so much im sure live will suit all of your basketball needs
 
# 110 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDAxBALLA954
If you hate it so much im sure live will suit all of your basketball needs
The fact that I think the game has needless flaws means I can't enjoy it?
 
# 111 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/01/12 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Just like you would in 2K12 where there is no skill traits.

I just hope 2K didn't go too far with this.
Naw I think its fine, I dont see the issue ok kobe durant etc will have a higher chance at making a game winning shot but thats realistic. Think about it in real life when you see kobe take a last second shot no matter what the defence played...you hold your breath cause you know he might make it. Its just realistic, play the best D you can and hope it does'nt go in, keep in mind they miss more than they make.
 
# 112 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDAxBALLA954
Think about it in real life when you see kobe take a last second shot no matter what the defence played...you hold your breath cause you know he might make it.
That applies to every single shot Kobe takes during an NBA game.
 
# 113 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/01/12 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
The fact that I think the game has needless flaws means I can't enjoy it?
No it means stop whining so much, and just wait and see what happens. You made your point, we know what your concerns are now lets move on and just wait....if you turn out to be right than feel free to shout at the top of the mountain I TOLD YOU SO.....but until then just chill bro.
 
# 114 Vni @ 09/01/12 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDAxBALLA954
Naw I think its fine, I dont see the issue ok kobe durant etc will have a higher chance at making a game winning shot but thats realistic. Think about it in real life when you see kobe take a last second shot no matter what the defence played...you hold your breath cause you know he might make it. Its just realistic, play the best D you can and hope it does'nt go in, keep in mind they miss more than they make.
Kobe take and make silly shot at any point in the game. I just hope theses shots aren't easyier just because it's late in the 4h quarter because that would be highly unrealistic.
 
# 115 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/01/12 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
That applies to every single shot Kobe takes during an NBA game.
No not really you don't get as anxious when a player takes a reg. jumper with nothing on the line.....
 
# 116 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDAxBALLA954
No not really you don't get as anxious when a player takes a reg. jumper with nothing on the line.....
... that's because of the fact that the game won't be decided on a shot with 5:11 to go in the 2nd. It has nothing to do with the fact that Kobe magically gets better at the end of the 4th.
 
# 117 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/01/12 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Kobe take and make silly shot at any point in the game. I just hope theses shots aren't easyier just because it's late in the 4h quarter because that would be highly unrealistic.
Yea I understand what you're saying but we gotta just wait and see. I for one am excited as hell. 2k12 sucked to me. I actually played call of duty which i despised
 
# 118 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/01/12 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
... that's because of the fact that the game won't be decided on a shot with 5:11 to go in the 2nd. It has nothing to do with the fact that Kobe magically gets better at the end of the 4th.
You're assuming thats whats going to happen. Just have to wait and see but sitting here moaning over what COULD happen is pointless ya heard me
 
# 119 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 02:40 AM
No matter what it does, it's not necessary. It's basically doing what the ratings are supposed to do, except it's a lot more artificial and unrealistic.

The only way this can be rectified is if they're able to be toggled on/off or edited (since I admit I do like the Chasedown Block ability).
 
# 120 JwP23 @ 09/01/12 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDAxBALLA954
If you hate it so much im sure live will suit all of your basketball needs
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.