Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports has revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.
  • Austin Rivers - 67
  • Chris Paul - 94
  • Amare Stoudemire - 84
Previously revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings below.
  • Andrew Bynum - 87
  • Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - 78
  • Tyreke Evans - 81
  • Michael Jordan - 99
  • Derrick Rose - 92
  • Allen Iverson - 95 (00-01 NBA Finals Iverson)
  • Jared Dudley - 75
  • Thomas Robinson - 75
  • Scottie Pippen - 92
  • Kevin Love - 89
  • Anthony Davis - 80
  • Monta Ellis - 86
  • Dion Waiters - 71
  • Andre Iguodala - 87
  • Kobe Bryant - 93
  • Carmelo Anthony - 92
  • Rajon Rondo - 90
  • Kevin Durant - 94 (Dropped 1 point)
  • Blake Griffin - 86 (Dropped 1 point)
  • Harrison Barnes - 75

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SouthBeach @ 09/05/12 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule of Two
So, can we get James, Wade, and Bosh next?These are going to be the biggest ones for me at least. Bosh better be rated higher than Amare at this point. I also hope Wade isn't penalized too much for having an injury riddled season, even though he still performed quite well considering.I like Chris Paul's overall. Seems about right to me.
I don't want Wade to be overrated. Even a 94, in my opinion, is being generous given his injuries all season. 92-93 seems about right for him.

Bosh should be at least an 88.

Bron should be around a 98, give or take a point.

CP3 definitely deserves that 94 to me also.

# 22 Wildcats302 @ 09/05/12 09:16 PM
Don't insult MKG by putting his name in the same sentence as Rivers. MKG is a much better overall player than little Rivers at this point and his stats would have been tons higher at anywhere other than UK.

As someone else said Rivers is probably rated lower due to being a PG...put him at SG (where the kid belongs honestly, he will FAIL as a PG due to selfishness) and he goes up 3-4 spots I bet.

Amare is blah, I guess that is close enough. Paul is fine. Great player, arguable best PG in the game.

# 23 J_Posse @ 09/05/12 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I think the 84 for amare is okay, he can't go below 80 and we can't dismiss him, he was one of the best PF at one point and time. Austin a 67 is pretty decent imo for a player that hasn't played a minute of NBA basketball.
Shot, Amar'e could definitely fall below a 80 if he doesn't bounce back in a big way. He had a terrible season and it looked like his knee(s) concerns were catching up to him. I would be very afraid, if I'm a Knicks fan, to think how Amar'e would play with very little athleticism.

Ratings look good for those three, but I'm really interested in what their signature skills are.

# 24 BRxSKINSx @ 09/05/12 09:19 PM
Amare is definitely too high.... CP3, he's okay....maybe 1 point too high.... Now Austin Rivers... How's he rated so low, I know there's a chance he'll be upgraded, but damn...he should at least be a 71....

# 25 triplewgf @ 09/05/12 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Shot, Amar'e could definitely fall below a 80 if he doesn't bounce back in a big way. He had a terrible season and it looked like his knee(s) concerns were catching up to him. I would be very afraid, if I'm a Knicks fan, to think how Amar'e would play with very little athleticism.

Ratings look good for those three, but I'm really interested in what their signature skills are.
Amar'e actually began performing better towards the end of the year last year, before his back injury. He still shot a high percentage at the rim, very close to his career numbers. Where he fell off was in the mid-range department -- he shot well below his career averages.

There's no reason to believe that Amare can't regain his midrange touch. When he does, people will have to play up on him again and he'll look a lot more athletic driving past them.

# 26 ecovyoudug @ 09/05/12 09:27 PM
Would have definitely given Austin 70-72.

# 27 Colts18 @ 09/05/12 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
Amare is definitely too high.... CP3, he's okay....maybe 1 point too high.... Now Austin Rivers... How's he rated so low, I know there's a chance he'll be upgraded, but damn...he should at least be a 71....
What the hell does that even mean?

# 28 Wildcats302 @ 09/05/12 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
What the hell does that even mean?
Not to put words in his mouth but the "he's ok" thing is referencing him being pretty much ok with his rating, not that he deems Paul only ok as a basketball player. At least that is how I interpreted that comment.

# 29 Colts18 @ 09/05/12 09:34 PM
No, I am asking what is the point of saying, "He should be 1 point lower." What is 1 point? How is that really a difference.

# 30 jersez @ 09/05/12 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse

No he can, and by the way he played last year he should have been a 70's rated player. I was just trying to guess why they gave him that number from the bat. I think it's a thing where 2k, award some players a higher rating because of what they did in previous seasons.

# 31 Speedy_Bronco @ 09/05/12 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Don't insult MKG by putting his name in the same sentence as Rivers. MKG is a much better overall player than little Rivers at this point and his stats would have been tons higher at anywhere other than UK.

As someone else said Rivers is probably rated lower due to being a PG...put him at SG (where the kid belongs honestly, he will FAIL as a PG due to selfishness) and he goes up 3-4 spots I bet.

Amare is blah, I guess that is close enough. Paul is fine. Great player, arguable best PG in the game.
Looking at your username, Your are obviously not trying to hide your Kentucky bias. Listen, Austin Rivers is a MUCH MORE nba ready player than MKG is. Austin Rivers has a natural feel for the speed of NBA basketball. He didn't grow up just playing basketball, he grew up playing NBA basketball. Trust me, He's gonna be a much better NBA player than he was a college player.

# 32 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/05/12 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
No, I am asking what is the point of saying, "He should be 1 point lower." What is 1 point? How is that really a difference.
He meant 93 (to be on par with Kobe) not 94. I agree with 94 though. Wade will probably be 93 so Paul will be the best guard in the NBA

# 33 yungsta404 @ 09/05/12 09:39 PM
2k has always overrated amare's post game and defense. Majority of last year his defensive ratings were higher than Kevin garnett. Actually it might still be.

# 34 Colts18 @ 09/05/12 09:39 PM
When will you all stop comparing overall ratings of players that don't play the same position or have the same style of play?

# 35 RedSceptile @ 09/05/12 09:42 PM
If you think OVR means anything I feel sorry for you.

# 36 squeakybirnbaum @ 09/05/12 09:44 PM
94 is just over the top. 93, yeah that's what Chris Paul is. I mean who looks at CP3 and says 94? All my friends say he's a 93.

# 37 RedSceptile @ 09/05/12 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum
94 is just over the top. 93, yeah that's what Chris Paul is. I mean who looks at CP3 and says 94? All my friends say he's a 93.
.........wat?

# 38 Colts18 @ 09/05/12 09:47 PM
Quote:
Again, you are speaking as if you are speaking of two numbers that are seperated by 5 points or something. But you are saying he isn't a 94, he is a 93. What in the world is the difference?

# 39 Ionowut @ 09/05/12 09:49 PM
Quote:
I don't understand why you're stressing over 1 point. I'm sure Ronnie 2K or whoever will lower him one point like they did with Blake Griffin and Durant.

# 40 Eman5805 @ 09/05/12 09:49 PM
Not sure why overall ratings matter so damn much to people. I mean who cares if Austin is a 67 or not? Not only will that change if he starts tearing it up this season, but you can edit his rating to be whatever you want it to be.

Personally I'm more interested to see some of the stuff he mocapped. Pretty sure they said he'd have Ankle Breaker. Wonder if he has some player specific dribble moves.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.