Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 Creative Director, Michael Young just announced the following Legends have been unlocked for everyone to use during their offline or online Connected Careers.

Legend Players
  • John Elway
  • Marshall Faulk
  • Jerry Rice
  • Lawrence Taylor
Legend Coaches
  • Tom Landry
  • Dick Vermeil
  • Bill Walsh
  • Joe Gibbs
Some legends were unlocked via pre-order codes, others need to be unlocked via Ultimate Team.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sportskid84 @ 09/06/12 10:22 AM
Free in Madden?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

# 2 TreFacTor @ 09/06/12 10:26 AM
Elway, Faulk, Rice, Taylor, Landry, Vermeil, Walsh, and Gibbs now available free for all online gamers.

#corrections

I stand corrected.

# 3 ABR173rd @ 09/06/12 10:56 AM
I just tweeted MYsportsPhotog in regard to the OFFLINE gamers, not sure if EA is really trying to send a message by alienating the offline gamers or if I'm reading to deep into this?

# 4 ABR173rd @ 09/06/12 11:26 AM
According to Michael Young- the Legends are available to OFFLINE CCM gamers as well. You need to have internet access to get the legends and then you will be able to use them in Offline CCM!

# 5 Frenchy180 @ 09/06/12 12:11 PM
Just like it said on the screen before they unlocked... It said they'd be available early September... Madden and Sanders will be available late September.

# 6 koolbob1872 @ 09/06/12 02:40 PM
Why no Paul Brown still!?! Or is he in it and I just didn't know?

# 7 eival @ 09/06/12 02:47 PM
whats Marshall Faulks ratings compared to Walter Payton?

Payton is almost 99 in the most expensive attributes speed/agi/ect...

and his catching is like 80+ too along with KR which are the cheapest to upgrade.

# 8 aussieBKR @ 09/06/12 05:23 PM
is this how they try and suck up to the consumer for all the bugs in the game.....how bout instead of handing out freebies you fix the f'n game

# 9 mestevo @ 09/06/12 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieBKR
is this how they try and suck up to the consumer for all the bugs in the game.....how bout instead of handing out freebies you fix the f'n game
Unlocking them in September was the plan all along.

# 10 Sdrawkcab321 @ 09/06/12 05:40 PM
Still wish they would just unlock Deion sanders. really don't want to have to play MUT for him. Heck I'd pay a couple bucks just to use him

# 11 aussieBKR @ 09/06/12 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Unlocking them in September was the plan all along.
that maybe the case, but where they always going to be free? why put free in the heading if that was always going to be the case...

# 12 shaunbot @ 09/06/12 08:12 PM
Quote:
that maybe the case, but where they always going to be free? why put free in the heading if that was always going to be the case...
Does it matter?

# 13 OpieDJC @ 09/06/12 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eival
whats Marshall Faulks ratings compared to Walter Payton?

Payton is almost 99 in the most expensive attributes speed/agi/ect...

and his catching is like 80+ too along with KR which are the cheapest to upgrade.
Just created a quick career with Marshall Faulk (put him on the Pats since they give high ovr rating for HBs to start)

Ovr - 83
Physical - 97
Intangible - 80
Spd - 93
Strength - 64
Agility - 97
Acceleration - 99
Awareness - 60
Elusiveness - 95
Vision - 91
Carrying - 83
Trucking - 67
Stiff Arm - 66
Spin Move - 94
Juke Move - 97
Catching - 79

# 14 aussieBKR @ 09/06/12 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbot
Does it matter?
its pathetic little gimmick moves like that, that foolish people jump on to forget the real problems with this game...you don't see them coming out with anything meaningful, just continuous BS marketing ploys to draw people in to buy there game, cause they only care bout their profit margin not making an actual good game.

# 15 Von Jenkins @ 09/07/12 12:10 PM
Do I have to use Ultimate Team to unlock these players or are they readily available? I cannot figure out how to get them.

# 16 WeBB15 @ 09/07/12 12:16 PM
Joe Gibbs, baby! HTTR!

# 17 HakeemDaDream @ 09/07/12 12:19 PM
Quote:
its pathetic little gimmick moves like that, that foolish people jump on to forget the real problems with this game...you don't see them coming out with anything meaningful, just continuous BS marketing ploys to draw people in to buy there game, cause they only care bout their profit margin not making an actual good game.
You must be fun at parties.

# 18 Von Jenkins @ 09/07/12 12:34 PM
Nevermind, figured it out. But, I do want to know if we can only one of these greats or could we put all of them in our CCM? I wanted a league full of greats: Rice, Montana, Elway, D & B Sanders, Faulk, Taylor, Lott....

# 19 eival @ 09/07/12 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpieDJC
Just created a quick career with Marshall Faulk (put him on the Pats since they give high ovr rating for HBs to start)

Ovr - 83
Physical - 97
Intangible - 80
Spd - 93
Strength - 64
Agility - 97
Acceleration - 99
Awareness - 60
Elusiveness - 95
Vision - 91
Carrying - 83
Trucking - 67
Stiff Arm - 66
Spin Move - 94
Juke Move - 97
Catching - 79

wait, his catching is only 79?

dude was basically the protypical receiving back before LT was even in the league

Demarco Murray is already an 80+ off a rookie year
Reggie Bush is almost 90+

i thought for sure he'd be the highest rated in the game for receiving backs but for the fact that speed and others which hes low 90s are the most expensive to upgrade, that makes Walter still the best to start with since even his catch was 80 i think and its only 2k to upgrade to 99 each time

# 20 eF 5ive @ 09/07/12 09:53 PM
Sorry this is probably dumb but I can't figure out how to get them? :O

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.