Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Pre-game rituals are in NBA 2K13. In this screenshot, it shows Ronnie2K performing a handstand.

Quote:
New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- Pre-game rituals! Ronnie2K can choose how he wants to make his presence known before the game begins. Who needs to toss chalk when you can perform a handstand?

Source - NBA 2K Facebook

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 liberaluser @ 09/07/12 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
I'll explain it to you, some people believes they should focus in fixing a lot of more important things like online (online leagues were glitched and basically an useless game mode) or association (too many glitches made it unplayable after a couple of seasons), and even fix other my player things like the trade logic, coach logic , cpu AI, etc before adding ridiculous things like your my player being able to do a handstand or chose his suit before the game

I don't think is too hard to understand, the point is valid and I agree with it
Who says they didn't focus on online servers & modes? There's a new crewesque team up mode in the works.

Who says the offline mode team didn't focus on trade logic and the underlying game code? That is all worked on in addition to the art team adding more individual character expression through what you wear and how you act. How can the newly named career mode live up to it's name if it doesn't support making your celebrity superstar player stand out in their style?

I'm sorry but humans are visual creatures. How are you gonna attract any casuals or poverty stricken fans if you advertise your big new back of the box feature is more nuanced trade logic or association glitches fixed?

I trust the different dev teams can walk and chew gum at the same time.

# 62 Norris_Cole @ 09/07/12 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
Who says they didn't work on online servers & modes? There's a new crewesque team up mode in the works.

Who says the offline mode team didn't work on trade logic and the underlying game code? That is all worked on in addition to the art team adding more individual character expression through what you wear and how you act. How can the newly named career mode live up to it's name if it doesn't support making your celebrity superstar player stand out in their style?

I'm sorry but humans are visual creatures. How are you gonna attract any casuals or poverty stricken fans if you advertise your big new back of the box feature is more nuanced trade logic or association glitches fixed?

I trust the different dev teams can walk and chew gum at the same time.
Do you really think these things will make the career mode live up to its new name? How about trade/coach logic as I said? How about your teammates stop acting like D-league players? Wouldn't that make the game better?

This is basically useless stuff and there was literally no need for it. Specially with so many things to fix before

# 63 nova91 @ 09/07/12 05:09 AM
Quote:
Do you really think these things will make the career mode live up to its new name? How about trade/coach logic as I said? How about your teammates stop acting like D-league players? Wouldn't that make the game better?

This is basically useless stuff and there was literally no need for it. Specially with so many things to fix
Says who???

# 64 Norris_Cole @ 09/07/12 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Says who???
Mr common sense

# 65 nova91 @ 09/07/12 05:55 AM
Quote:
Mr common sense
So the presentation team can't make improvements and additions within their area of expertise because the game play and online team has problems they need to fix?

# 66 Vni @ 09/07/12 05:57 AM
Well I for one can't really appreciate that kind of addition when I still don't know if the whole mode is still broken or not.

# 67 jreezy18 @ 09/07/12 06:04 AM
Quote:
Mr common sense
Yeah...that's not how "common sense" is used. I think you meant "Mr my opinions".

# 68 SHAKYR @ 09/07/12 06:09 AM
There are always going to be fans who see their modes of play as important! I want more done for the Association and Create A Player Modes, I would never say online modes are worthless because I know people really enjoy this.

# 69 Norris_Cole @ 09/07/12 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreezy18
Yeah...that's not how "common sense" is used. I think you meant "Mr my opinions".
Well maybe I'm wrong and people want to play a My sims game instead of basketball, excuse me for thinking it was common sense that people should ask for things that actually matter to the game instead of the ability to perform a 5 seg handstand before a game.

Kids...

# 70 Gramps91 @ 09/07/12 06:51 AM
This is cool, but I still prefer starting lineup announcements at the beginning of games. Also, like some others are here I'm more of an association guy so I really hope we get some news on that soon.

# 71 jreezy18 @ 09/07/12 06:58 AM
Quote:
Well maybe I'm wrong and people want to play a My sims game instead of basketball, excuse me for thinking it was common sense that people should ask for things that actually matter to the game instead of the ability to perform a 5 seg handstand before a game.

Kids...
Tsk. There's no absolute truth to what matters in a basketball game. It's relative. What you think is "useless" and "not needed" another may think it's important. Like I said before, "I think you meant 'Mr my opinions'".

# 72 Colts18 @ 09/07/12 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julion07
Everytime 2k adds something ppl come and complain the small things does matter we have to play this for a year remember? If you dnt like what their adding go look at nba live and buy that I bet you coming running back apologizing. Smh at you ppl who cry about every announcement
Why does NBA Live have to be brought up whenever someone "complains" about something 2K does?

# 73 SHAKYR @ 09/07/12 07:17 AM
Quote:

Kids...
What you are saying is just as bad as saying why do grown ups play videogames.
What you see as important may not be important for fans as a whole. I'm a grown man who wants a deep experience and 2K is doing it every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Why does NBA Live have to be brought up whenever someone "complains" about something 2K does?
...because EA NBA LIVE fans come to these forums to complain and cause confusion with their post. The wonder amongst us, we have to point them out so they do drag us down.

# 74 barimanlhs @ 09/07/12 07:36 AM
As a MyPlayer fan, these might be little additions but they add SOOO much to the overall feel of how you relate to the game. You can never have too much customization in a mode intended to be, essentially, a fantasy. Add to the fact that they improved the core game itself, MyPlayer/MyCareer will be a very addicting mode, hopefully like it was in 2k11.

# 75 jmo2278 @ 09/07/12 07:37 AM
Apparently, you guys missed the insight where Mike Wang was saying how they wanted to work on gameplay, CPU team management A.I., on-line servers, and improve association mode as priorities in 2k13. But due to limited resources and time restraints they were not able to work on any of those things and instead chose to focus on adding pre-game rituals and wardrobe selection because once you do a headstand right in front of your opponents bench before game 7 of the finals and make the away crowd jump on your jock, you won't even care about teammate a.i., association, etc..
Some of you guys are hilarious!

# 76 tarek @ 09/07/12 07:39 AM
Here's the thing, I've played some tremendously fun games on my iPhone that have the most basic interface and graphics. So 2K can include outfits and hand stands and whatever they want, but if the gameplay isn't up to scratch then the gimmicks and 'extra' features will become old real quick.

When it comes to basketball, there are still people playing College Hoops 2K8 and football with NFL 2K5. Why? Because those games nailed the gameplay and immersion factors. They become great and extend their life.

Games these days are more and more leaving me behind with their focus on online and trophies/achievements and 'crews' and all this stuff. And I'm only bloody 33 years old!

# 77 SHAKYR @ 09/07/12 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo2278
Apparently, you guys missed the insight where Mike Wang was saying how they wanted to work on gameplay, CPU team management A.I., on-line servers, and improve association mode as priorities in 2k13. But due to limited resources and time restraints they were not able to work on any of those things and instead chose to focus on adding pre-game rituals and wardrobe selection because once you do a headstand right in front of your opponents bench before game 7 of the finals and make the away crowd jump on your jock, you won't even care about teammate a.i., association, etc..
Some of you guys are hilarious!

Could you give me a link to where Mike Wang said everything you posted or are you being sarcastic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Here's the thing, I've played some tremendously fun games on my iPhone that have the most basic interface and graphics. So 2K can include outfits and hand stands and whatever they want, but if the gameplay isn't up to scratch then the gimmicks and 'extra' features will become old real quick.

When it comes to basketball, there are still people playing College Hoops 2K8 and football with NFL 2K5. Why? Because those games nailed the gameplay and immersion factors. They become great and extend their life.

Games these days are more and more leaving me behind with their focus on online and trophies/achievements and 'crews' and all this stuff. And I'm only bloody 33 years old!
I agree on many of your points and you also show the division of Offline and Online importance. I'm a Offline guy, but overall betterment of the game should be priority.

# 78 Neoda2khead @ 09/07/12 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
How about they get Arena Intro music to work...thats all I need to come out too...
Omg I hated how it just wouldnt work last year . I really hope they fixed it .

# 79 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/07/12 08:09 AM
Quote:
Mr common sense
So you're basically just mad at people for soing thier job how typical.. I guess all they should do is just reship 2k12 with better internet and gameplay no new features no nothing just to make norris happy. Hey maybe theyll even stop making game covers and focus on the computer A.I some more.

# 80 tril @ 09/07/12 08:15 AM
again, kind of gimicky!!! Just another way to make a few extra dollars off of the youngsters who care about this stuff. the peole that complain about sneakers and incorrect accessoies will like this feature. IMO,
Its a feature is targeting a younger deomgraphic.

dont care for it, probably will never use it but at the same time doesnt bother me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.