Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

The Madden NFL 13 roster update for week 1 arrives tomorrow morning for Play Now (offline/online). The rosters for Connected Careers arrives early next week.

These Madden NFL 13 rosters reflect the final 53 man rosters of all 32 NFL teams, no rating changes have been made.

UPDATE: So it seems, some Madden NFL 13 ratings were adjusted.
  • Russell Wilson goes up from 74 to 76 OVR
  • Richard Sherman's press rating is going up
  • Cam Newton's consistency rating is going up
  • Blaine Gabbert's overall rating will be going up, no number was given
  • Victor Cruz will NOT get a "DROP" in ratings... Drops open passes trait will not be adjusted. (at least for this week)
  • Jarrett Boykin ratings are going up (rookie WR for the Packers)
Quote:
The update will be available for download on the Xbox 360 and PS3 on Saturday morning. The update will reflect the final 53 man rosters of all 32 NFL teams.

The initial 75 man preseason rosters that were released with Madden NFL 13 will continue to be available for offline and online Connected Careers so that fans who want to manage the final roster of their team can do so. Final 53 man rosters will also be made available early next week for offline and online Connected Careers giving users the choice to use either roster when starting their Connected Careers experience.

There are over 700+ transactions that went into this massive update. NFL teams had to cut down from 90 to 53, so safe to say there is a lot of player movement reflected in this roster update.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Nic24017 @ 09/07/12 03:13 PM
Can anyone tell me why Sean Richardson isn't in the game? They've had two roster updates to put him in the game. As a Vandy fan I enjoy scrounging up most of them in my ccm

# 22 fjackson18 @ 09/07/12 03:20 PM
Not a bad update. but not everything is complete or correct. I am not one to complain much but i can see this depending on EA for rosters is not gonna go well.

MY little rant... being a Colts fan not sure how Freeman who is starting not in the update.. but there are at least three people added to the list that got cut... i guess i am hoping they missed him on the list. they listed number changes but not for Vontae... hopefully that was missed as well.

# 23 Gronkanador @ 09/07/12 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skabatula
So how does starting a CC with the updated 53 man rosters (next week) work? Are the additional players randomly generated to fill out the 75 man preseason roster?
I am wondering the same thing. Could anyone get an answer on this?

# 24 dramachild11 @ 09/07/12 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exogenesis33
You will just start with the 53 man roster. So you won't be making any preseason cuts, unless you sign FA yourself. There will not be random players generated.
Your half right, there is an option to start with the original 75 man roster also

# 25 Rawdeal28 @ 09/07/12 04:47 PM
well, now that the Saints players are not suspended anymore will they be able to be in this update?

i have no doubt they will be in the CC update.

# 26 Steve_OS @ 09/07/12 05:15 PM
FYI. Some ratings are going to be changed. Updated OP.

# 27 Trevor04Gt @ 09/07/12 11:21 PM
Is there any chance at all that they were updating guys' equipment while they were at it?

Like, how RG3 is way off of his real gear? And wrong helmets etc?

# 28 DerkontheOS @ 09/07/12 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka

The Madden NFL 13 roster update for week 1 arrives tomorrow morning for Play Now (offline/online). The rosters for Connected Careers arrives early next week.

These Madden NFL 13 rosters reflect the final 53 man rosters of all 32 NFL teams, no rating changes have been made.

UPDATE: So it seems, some Madden NFL 13 ratings were adjusted.
  • Russell Wilson goes up from 74 to 76 OVR
  • Richard Sherman's press rating is going up
  • Cam Newton's consistency rating is going up
  • Blaine Gabbert's overall rating will be going up, no number was given
  • Victor Cruz will NOT get a "DROP" in ratings... Drops open passes trait will not be adjusted. (at least for this week)
  • Jarrett Boykin ratings are going up (rookie WR for the Packers)
Hell yes!!

# 29 Joobieo @ 09/07/12 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Skip also thinks Tebow is God's answer to Tom Brady... so take it all with a grain of salt.

I don't think ANYONE should get a ratings jump after one game... and I'm PICKING UP Ogie in fantasy... that secondary, especially after Tryon entered the game, was ATROCIOUS Wednesday night... Obviously there's very little time to throw with that pass rush, and Romo only had the ball hit the floor 7 times.
Skip LOVES!!, Tebow lol.

# 30 Find_the_Door @ 09/08/12 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2012
Which means a second game will wipe out the changes. I expect an update every other week. We were looking at a boost for Lee, Romo, massive boost for Ogletree, few stats for Bryant and Austin, toughness for Witten and a overall point for Murray.

We beat the superbowl champs!!
No cause Dallas doesn't play this Sunday, they play next Sunday against Seattle. The next roster comes out Friday (two days before Dallas' next game).

# 31 Find_the_Door @ 09/08/12 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor04Gt
Is there any chance at all that they were updating guys' equipment while they were at it?

Like, how RG3 is way off of his real gear? And wrong helmets etc?
Caught a post from Donny a week back that stated this would strictly be a roster trimming update, and due to the high amount of transactions taking place it's unlikely any equipment will be adjusted. I hope he gets my list of Dallas fixes in... I hope.

# 32 babyfat9 @ 09/08/12 01:12 AM
I don't see anything bout EA patching Maurice Jones-Drew's skinny legs...how could EA get a superstar of MJD's caliber wrong !!!!

# 33 kunner @ 09/08/12 02:45 AM
meh, still not where they need to be. Sean Richardson and Dan Barclay still not in the game for GB. Richardson was a well known player in training camp, at least to Packer fans, and Barclay, well, i still havent heard of him.

# 34 RajonRondo @ 09/08/12 07:00 AM
7am and still no update, guess I'll go to bed.

# 35 JMD @ 09/08/12 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2012
No changes in stats. Cowboys fans jipped... Massively.
It was one game, not sure of that warrants a ratings change. Ratings changes should only be done quarterly.

# 36 briz1744 @ 09/08/12 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunner
meh, still not where they need to be. Sean Richardson and Dan Barclay still not in the game for GB. Richardson was a well known player in training camp, at least to Packer fans, and Barclay, well, i still havent heard of him.
Could someone please explain to me how EA with all its resources and a full time staff dedicated to roster updates cannot achieve the level of accuracy that one man on a PS3 can do in his spare time ?
I'm not talking of ratings here which will always be subjective but merely getting the right players on 32 teams

# 37 vstro @ 09/08/12 08:30 AM
So what are the chances that the depth chart updates for CCM (when those rosters are updated) will stay. For example will Jake Locker, Ryan Tannehill and Russel Wilson be starters?

# 38 Brandwin @ 09/08/12 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
It was one game, not sure of that warrants a ratings change. Ratings changes should only be done quarterly.
I agree. Doing rating changes every week is stupid.

# 39 CSL @ 09/08/12 09:16 AM
why remove David Garrard, why remove Ovie Mughelli, why remove OJ Otogwe, why remove (insert a bunch of names here of guys that were in the original rosters and could have just been moved to the free agent list)

# 40 niftyjets @ 09/08/12 10:07 AM
I dont understand how they didnt edit all the numbers to be correct. And of course I would just edit them myself but I cant do that now. Now I have to wait for the 2nd roster update cause they left demorio davis number on the jets as 49 when he wears 56 now. So i still have to wait to start my online ccm. at least maybe the patch will come out while im waiting.

or just give us player editing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.