Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Gameinformer has broken down the different game modes in NBA 2K13. There are some cool additions for users administrating leagues and an interesting note on buying the All-Star Weekend DLC, which is free for everyone that pre-orders.

Quote:
  • If you buy the All-Star Weekend DLC, it will integrate itself directly into My Career and Association modes.
  • Admins in online Association leagues can reset games, and even change the outcome of games. This includes setting the final score and who scored what if for some reason a game froze toward the end of the fourth quarter and the players didn’t want to replay the entire game.
  • For the first time in online Association, you can manipulate sliders to fit your league’s preferred style of play.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RedSceptile @ 09/07/12 02:30 PM
Guess I gotta go preorder 2K today. Damn you 2K you win this time.

# 42 Norris_Cole @ 09/07/12 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the croz 1027
Appreciate the response. A little disappointed as this was huge negative of 2K12 for the 30 guys in our league but great job on all of the other adds. We appreciate the changes and focus on all modes.
You can always crate a spare league and keep resetting games. That's what we are going to do.

# 43 KB2009Champ @ 09/07/12 02:33 PM
Any news on the 2k website as it pertains to being able to follow games in progress? Also can we view full boxscores on the site?

# 44 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/07/12 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
You can open up the entire schedule for full flex scheduling this year in OA.
fantastic news! props to 2k for listening. this is great

# 45 poster @ 09/07/12 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Regarding the "purchase DLC" line - it's still ONLY an add-on content. You will get it for FREE as long as you PRE-ORDER NBA 2K13 from select retailers. More information can be found here: http://2kgam.es/BuyNBA2K13
Is there a reason that All Star Weekend isn't an option for PC users? Thanks if you can answer.

# 46 green225 @ 09/07/12 02:37 PM
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

# 47 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/07/12 02:39 PM
Quote:
No scrimmage (maybe next year). The admin has some other controls as well. Off the top of my head, he/she can pause/resume the league for holidays/people missing, he/she can advance (sim) parts of the season. You'll have a little more control for your private leagues.
what about trading? can admins approve trades now or do we have to wait for 2k again?

# 48 iLLosophy @ 09/07/12 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.
Amare is that you?

# 49 RedSceptile @ 09/07/12 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Amare is that you?
Finish Him!

# 50 glover20064 @ 09/07/12 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
I think it's stupid how the all star weekend is a dlc. Why can't you just make it a part of the game like it's always been.
Be happy you get it as a dlc, we pc guys don't get it at all.

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2

# 51 da ThRONe @ 09/07/12 03:00 PM
Quote:
Last year the teammate AI never understood what kind of player you were, whether it be a spot shooter or a post player. In the lead-up to NBA 2K13, an engineer spent two months developing a new recording system so the AI better recognizes your tendencies. If you post up a lot this year, your teammates start to funnel plays your direction. If you’re lingering along the perimeter waiting for a chance to showcase your long distance sniping skills, they know to kick the ball out to you if you have an open look
This has me very excite. At this point I only really play MP/MC so this is exciting news along with some of the other updates.

# 52 madmax17 @ 09/07/12 03:09 PM
Sliders for MyCareer?

# 53 nova91 @ 09/07/12 03:19 PM
Quote:
Visual Concepts reworked the AI management logic so it no longer starts trading away your best teammates once you crack the starting lineup.
This is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to in this mode and hopefully it works like they planned.

Quote:
No doubt taking inspiration from the Dwight Howard trade drama from the offseason, this year your player can be invited to sit down with the general manager to have conversations about the direction of the franchise. Once you attain superstar status, you can start influencing his decisions, whether that be the fate of your head coach, the types of players he pursues in free agency, the players you would prefer to have on the court with you, or your position at the club. If you attain LeBron James status you can even force a trade to another team.
This...

and

Quote:
Last year the teammate AI never understood what kind of player you were, whether it be a spot shooter or a post player. In the lead-up to NBA 2K13, an engineer spent two months developing a new recording system so the AI better recognizes your tendencies. If you post up a lot this year, your teammates start to funnel plays your direction. If you’re lingering along the perimeter waiting for a chance to showcase your long distance sniping skills, they know to kick the ball out to you if you have an open look.
this is looking promising too.

# 54 Eman5805 @ 09/07/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
If you’re acting selfishly or being a bigger man by squelching a perceived controversy, Kevin Harlan, Clark Kellogg, and Steve Kerr will discuss your off-court behavior during the game.
Finally. I hope they discuss my progression as a player too.

# 55 Caveman24 @ 09/07/12 03:41 PM
I have never been this happy OMG some OA news I thought 2k sports forgot about us

# 56 Guard-ian @ 09/07/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
You can open up the entire schedule for full flex scheduling this year in OA.
This along with sliders and admin options in OA are the best news in the last year of sim basketball... I can preorder the game now.

Cheers! ;-)

# 57 Altimus @ 09/07/12 04:24 PM
It's going to be a long month waiting for this game... sigh.

# 58 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/07/12 04:37 PM
pre ordering the game just cause they added full flex into OA

# 59 haloofduty @ 09/07/12 05:13 PM
More offline association news. Was the minutes per game fixed? Are the draft class ratings matching up with the nba player ratings? INFO!!!

# 60 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/07/12 06:48 PM
Admins in online Association leagues can reset games, and even change the outcome of games. This includes setting the final score and who scored what if for some reason a game froze toward the end of the fourth quarter and the players didn’t want to replay the entire game.

This means, for example, the admin can set the score and all the players' points/assists/etc. through three quarters, and let the two players pick up the game at the start of the fourth?

Also, I'm still waiting to know if we'll have custom sliders and ability to save playbooks/settings in unranked online. And I'd like to know if we can play online leagues with a less than 30 people and not have to play the CPU.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.