Home
NHL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

EA SPORTS Season Ticket allows people to play Madden NFL, NHL®, FIFA Soccer®, Tiger Woods PGA Tour®, and NCAA Football® titles before launch.

The $24.99 or 2000 Microsoft® Points / 12 months* subscription includes, access to over $100 worth of PDLC, three day early access to all participating franchises, and 20% off additional PDLC in all participating franchises.

Please post your NHL 13 impressions here. NHL 13 Q&A is here.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Broncos86 @ 09/08/12 02:14 AM
Play by play with a funny glitch. Playing Be a Pro, I score on an empty net. Clement talks about how the goalie was simply beat glove side on a sniper shot (it was an end-over-end back-hander).

# 82 canucksss @ 09/08/12 02:17 AM
im liking over all. but im disappointed in some areas (not game breaker, but still important IMHO).

1. Lack of penalties (i play AS/HC with maximum penalty sliders, CPU and CPU teammates as well)

2. In NHL 11, we have the home ice team can match the lines by knowing what the visiting team is putting in. In 12 its absent was so disappointing and now its not present here in NHL 13. Cmon EA this is not new.

3. I got more excited in the broadcaster saying "SCOOORE" (i scored the winning goal in 0:47 in 3rd, breaking a 2-2 tie) but the teammates are so "isolated" in their celebration...pathetic!!!

I'll try the BaGM tomorrow.

** but so far i like NHL 13 than 12. so its just a matter of buying this game on the 11th or wait a month or 2.

# 83 canucksss @ 09/08/12 02:18 AM
btw, how do u know if we're using Auto-aim or manual aim shoot? somehow cant locate it

# 84 canucksss @ 09/08/12 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30

- What or who is Tim Hortons? It's plastered on the ice in every arena I've played in and it's on the boards as well. Takes away the athenticity of the different arenas.

former NHL player who ventured in donut business. counterpart of Dunkin here in Canada. and i like the coffee of TH better than DD.

but i agree with all of your comments about the game.

# 85 franch1se @ 09/08/12 02:48 AM
just played the winter classic, man, the shadows during the game was an awesome touch. Love seeing the players breath (check out the shot of Williams I posted in the photographic thread).

# 86 mbergh22 @ 09/08/12 03:26 AM
Great game.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

# 87 ddhex27 @ 09/08/12 04:18 AM
It's a mixed bag for me.

Bummed out about teammate AI which was so highly touted in the promos. It's the worst on the defensive end of the game; Good luck hoping for CPU teammates to take people in the slot. Maybe this is as good as they can do with current gen hardware?

The commentary and player models from 2007 are hard to swallow again. I had a couple friends over who can't see much of a difference the game has made from NHL 2009 because of this.

I do have to say that the new skating core and goalie behavior is excellent this year. Goal scoring (especially on rebounds) feels great. It is a big step for EA to push the series into organic gameplay.

# 88 Keirik @ 09/08/12 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Man, I have to completely disagree with you on that. Make sure you're "hustling" to the puck. With Patrick Kane I hardly ever get beat to a loose puck. He's crazy fast. You've got to play good positionally. I've yet to play on anything but Superstar and I've only lost one game.
I'm holding down the hustle button every time. I'm not new to the series at all. It's not always, but it's whenever it feels like the cpu decides it's time to win the battle. Try the NHL moment for the Rangers against the Caps when there is 20 seconds left. It's kind of ridiculous.

# 89 Vikes1 @ 09/08/12 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhex27

I do have to say that the new skating core and goalie behavior is excellent this year. Goal scoring (especially on rebounds) feels great. It is a big step for EA to push the series into organic gameplay.
I sure agree.

It sounds like there's still some nagging issues here and there...lack of penalties, some AI problems, and a few ineffective sliders, etc... Which is disappointing. But yeah...how much more organic the game feels overall is such a huge step forward, imo. Not to say that excuses the issues. But I guess every game is going to have some things that could certainly be better.

I'm going to hope that a possible patch and/or a few tuner sets, may help with some of the games shortcomings. But nonetheless...I'm still very excited for Tue.

# 90 SinisterAlex @ 09/08/12 05:23 AM
I'm posting these impressions based on online play.

I'm 95% online when it comes to the NHL series and I thought I'd just come here and post a few positives and negatives.

Positives:

+ Skating engine really does wonders for OTP/ EASHL. Especially for the defensive side of the puck.

+ A.I goalies (so far) are superb. They occasionally let in a really bad goal, but for the most part a lot of the NHL 12 "cheese" goals don't work.

+ A.I team mates are a lot better as well. They still do dumb things but their passing is much better and they no longer do those stupid diving poke checks that always gave penalty shots.

Negatives (only one so far):

- The poke check has gone from completely useless in NHL 12 to god like in NHL 13. You can literally tap the puck with your poke check and the puck goes flying off your stick like it was hit with a hard slap shot. Very frustrating now when you're going 1 on 1 with a defender. All they do is poke check spam you and there is no way to get around it.

I have my poke check attributes set at default, and I can poke check with ease. I had it at 85 in NHL 12 and I could poke check numerous times with no success. Yes, the puck control attribute may have had an affect on that, but I have mine at 75 right now and I can't even hold onto the puck after being poke checked, no one can.

# 91 Tomba @ 09/08/12 06:03 AM
brilliant game a classic best sports game ive played since nfl 2k5

# 92 jonapaloma @ 09/08/12 06:54 AM
I just dont understand it. Sure I haven't tried the game myself but based on the demo and all the things people write in here, it seems that EA hasn't adressed those things that was clearly lacking in '12. How come EA haven't fixed the sliders effect on the game like penalties and passing. Also the AI that they have been bragging about is nowhere to be found.

wtf have they been doing all year. *sigh*

sorry about the rant but I just dont get it :S

# 93 SlyBelle @ 09/08/12 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I agree the lack of penalties to me is a major concern. Not to mention it's a huge part of the game of hockey obviously. I love the tension of trying to kill off a penalty, and vice versa love the opportunity to try and score with a man advantage.

EA......this was a major major complaint last year, so why is this not fixed???????
I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but I have the same thoughts as you. Just don't understand how this part of the game has not been fixed. I know a couple of people say they have seen some higher penalties but seems more people have not. And plus, if higher penalties do happen, it shouldn't be a rare event. In one of my games last night I did see the CPU take 5 penalties which had me excited, but then my team had 0. I was playing the Islanders so maybe a strong factor is the team you play But regardless, you shouldn't get some penalties up and down, you should be seeing on average 6-7 per game and somewhat usually even between CPU and the player.

People in the official EA forums are also seeing the same issue. I can only hope EA sees it and really makes an effort to correct.

I have until tomorrow to decide if I will keep my pre-order before it ships out on Monday and sad to say there is a great possibility I wil be doing that since their track record suggests they won't correct it during the year, just like they didn't last year.

# 94 jyoung @ 09/08/12 08:24 AM
I played 10 games of online team play last night and I didn't see a single glitch goal.

It was funny watching people trying all their ridiculous go-to dangle moves from NHL 12 over and over again and not being able to do anything on offense.

We'll see how the game holds up as people add more boosts and attribute points to their players, but right now, most of the goals that have gone in have been legit.

# 95 killer miller31 @ 09/08/12 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I played 10 games of online team play last night and I didn't see a single glitch goal.

It was funny watching people trying all their ridiculous go-to dangle moves from NHL 12 over and over again and not being able to do anything on offense.

We'll see how the game holds up as people add more boosts and attribute points to their players, but right now, most of the goals that have gone in have been legit.
That's so beautiful to hear!!! LOL I have the early release but haven't got in to the team play yet and that's about 75% of what I play on NHL.so glad to see the goalies are performing well all around!

# 96 nVschultz1325 @ 09/08/12 08:45 AM
The servers have been terrible and there seems to be a lot of unresponsive controls, and the graphics are terrible while in a game, just blurry and pixelated, overall not impressed with this early release

# 97 killer miller31 @ 09/08/12 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nVschultz1325
The servers have been terrible and there seems to be a lot of unresponsive controls, and the graphics are terrible while in a game, just blurry and pixelated, overall not impressed with this early release
Where else would there be graphics besides in a game? Servers have been great for me on ps3...no lag at all! And controls seem tighter then ever to me love it so far! Perhaps you just need some more time with it man

# 98 Panicshade @ 09/08/12 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nVschultz1325
I haven't seen any blurry, pixelated, or terrible graphics in my game. No idea what your issue is then.

Also I have seen plenty of posts from others who have played multiple games online with no problem so I doubt the servers are as bad as you are saying.

# 99 nVschultz1325 @ 09/08/12 09:00 AM
Everyone on my team has the same complaints as me, the EASHL games have been terrible connection wise and the menus look great but in game there is like a foggyness to them

# 100 silencio @ 09/08/12 09:39 AM
great goal variety.. I am seeing many organic goals than ever before.. If only the penalty issue was resolved.. Also, the separation in player skill is great.. Magnetic board play is weak, but everyone knows that already..

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.