Home
NHL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

EA SPORTS Season Ticket allows people to play Madden NFL, NHL®, FIFA Soccer®, Tiger Woods PGA Tour®, and NCAA Football® titles before launch.

The $24.99 or 2000 Microsoft® Points / 12 months* subscription includes, access to over $100 worth of PDLC, three day early access to all participating franchises, and 20% off additional PDLC in all participating franchises.

Please post your NHL 13 impressions here. NHL 13 Q&A is here.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Fiddy @ 09/08/12 10:10 AM
i LOVE the way the game plays offline.. it will be a blast to play the cpu, adjust strats, etc.

online as of last night and early this morning, terrible. choppy, played a few rare lag free ones. few and far between right now IMO.

graphics, not impressed. the game to me just looks like last years game while playing. colors look faded, same as last year compared to other games like Fifa.

other than that, this should be a fun year.

oh and yeah OT losses being counted as regulation losses.. bah

# 102 mkharsh33 @ 09/08/12 10:22 AM
I've had some bad goalie animations that have cost me 2 goals. When the puck gets underneath them, they start doing their "snow angel impersonation" and basically knock the puck in. Instead of just laying there and covering it. Some of the goalie animations are a bit overdone... Lack of penalties is just VERY discouraging...

# 103 actionhank @ 09/08/12 10:23 AM
My hope, is that with most of the gameplay issues fixed that people have been hoping for, baring any giant bugs or glitches, they can address the slider issue via an early patch for the game, and get that sorted out too. Reading the responses it seems like most people are pretty happy with the game, but the sliders are still a concern.

# 104 dmaff15 @ 09/08/12 10:27 AM
the eashl is very laggy and unresponsive on the xbox. plays awesome offline.

# 105 bad_philanthropy @ 09/08/12 10:29 AM
Turn HUM and CPU poke check effectiveness way down. The game gets much better. I think I'm seeing a few more penalties as a result of me and the cpu having a more difficult time getting the puck free.

# 106 Gagnon39 @ 09/08/12 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Turn HUM and CPU poke check effectiveness way down. The game gets much better. I think I'm seeing a few more penalties as a result of me and the cpu having a more difficult time getting the puck free.
I can't justify doing this because unless poke check is up a bit there's still not enough loose pucks. I have it at 5.

# 107 goblades26 @ 09/08/12 10:52 AM
Does this mean we cannot edit height, weight, cap hit and most importantly waiver status? (They have waivers wrong every year... 2 way does not make you ineligible, and I get the eligible players fixed every year)

# 108 drewst18 @ 09/08/12 10:59 AM
There is minimal lag on the EASHL league server. At first we were complaining of lag but it isn't a lag, it is just the overall speed of the game and the way you control your guy.

I think they did a fantastic job. We got in about 20 club games last night and it was a tough adjustment for some. You can't skate around dangling anymore like some nimble ballerina.

The game is a much smoother transition for those who played a defensive style I think. Last year I was able to run around 2 point/game and played a good defensive game. I was able to keep that pace through yesterday. I have a few dangle & glitch guys on my team and they struggled to say the least, one of them was raging didn't want to play anymore. His shooting percentage dropped to a 4.7 cause he was trying to dangle and glitch the goalie.

GM Connected is sooooo laggy, not the game just the whole interface, I was in a league on my own and it was pretty bad.

Loving the increased poke check makes 2v2 games better cause players can't just skate down the boards calling for it and have the puck go through 4 skaters it will hit skates and bodies more often.

The one time is frustrating as hell lol youre better off to not pass on a 2 on 0 cause the goalies are so much improved. Been scored on 3 times as the goalie backs up into his net to save it and does the auto stick sweep to clear puck but hes so far back he clears it into his own net.

# 109 SlyBelle @ 09/08/12 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
My hope, is that with most of the gameplay issues fixed that people have been hoping for, baring any giant bugs or glitches, they can address the slider issue via an early patch for the game, and get that sorted out too. Reading the responses it seems like most people are pretty happy with the game, but the sliders are still a concern.
Problem is this has been the issue in multiple years so really no faith they will correct this in this season as well.

# 110 franch1se @ 09/08/12 11:03 AM
My team mates piss me off they are way to timid out there when going for loose pucks

# 111 Gagnon39 @ 09/08/12 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
My team mates piss me off they are way to timid out there when going for loose pucks
The thing I hate the most is that they're never in the right place when I want to make a pass.

Example 1: On a power play if you are the center and you have the puck in a corner (using the overload strategy) all three forwards will be within almost a stick length of one another. No player will go to the other side of the net looking for a back-door play. They will literally stand right next to you with the puck without moving.

Example 2: When I have the puck along the boards (pinned) I'd like to be able to kick it to a teammate but they always skate right at me to the point where I have to kick the puck loose into an open area of ice.

Example 3: Passes behind the net. My CPU defensive partner rarely goes behind the net for a pass when I'm being pressured by the forecheckers.

# 112 kelvinmak @ 09/08/12 11:57 AM
From the department of incredibly minor yet still annoying things, the scouting screen in be a GM is a bit of a pain in the arse. For whatever reason, the game senses one click on the d-pad as two, so when I want to see the WHL prospects, I'll end up in Rest of the World or somewhere like that.

# 113 franch1se @ 09/08/12 12:37 PM
another thing I noticed under connected GM is that the menus are incredibly slooowwwwww. Almost makes me not want to play it.

Also, just did a fantasy draft and the CPU leaves a ton of good players who are older on the board and they still draft young. I was able to grab a ton of mid 80's rated players in late rounds because they were over 30 years old.

# 114 ChubbyBanana @ 09/08/12 12:45 PM
You guys download the latest tuner update? I haven't downloaded it yet and was wondering if this is maybe the difference between penalties we're seeing.

I want to play a couple games first before I download it to see what the differences are.

# 115 Panicshade @ 09/08/12 12:48 PM
I know last night there were 2 different tuner sets that I downloaded before I played any games. One was a "game modes" set and another that I forget the name of.

# 116 Steven547 @ 09/08/12 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
I am so disappointed with the game and it is sad because only has to do with penalties. Just finished an overtime game and had "1" total penalty called the entire game, even with maxed out sliders.....that is absolute crazy. I am not sure how others can enjoy the game with one of the most important aspects of hockey so completely off base. I just can't figure out why they can't correct this since same as last year. I also saw again where the CPU did not pull their goalie down by 1.

I hate to say this but this might be the first time I cancel my pre-order.....the rest of the game plays nice, but I can't sell myself on any plausible reasons we can't get realistic penalties in the range of 6-7 per game...such a shame.
I don't get the game until Tuesday, but I know from NHL 12, there are sliders other than penalties, that affect, well, penalties. There were a lot of complaints about this in NHL 12, but I didn't have that problem too much.

I think if you raise hitting a notch and aggression, you might see more penalties. Something along those lines.

# 117 savoie2006 @ 09/08/12 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
The thing I hate the most is that they're never in the right place when I want to make a pass.

Example 1: On a power play if you are the center and you have the puck in a corner (using the overload strategy) all three forwards will be within almost a stick length of one another. No player will go to the other side of the net looking for a back-door play. They will literally stand right next to you with the puck without moving.

Example 2: When I have the puck along the boards (pinned) I'd like to be able to kick it to a teammate but they always skate right at me to the point where I have to kick the puck loose into an open area of ice.

Example 3: Passes behind the net. My CPU defensive partner rarely goes behind the net for a pass when I'm being pressured by the forecheckers.
Have you tried the Custom AI feature yet? I can tell you it works.

# 118 fudgie @ 09/08/12 01:08 PM
Anyone playing OTP/Drop In Games and noticing a bit of lag? I'm fairly certain my connection isn't the problem (15mb routed into my box, only thing on the connection too)

# 119 ChubbyBanana @ 09/08/12 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
I downloaded and used the tuners. My team committed a lot of penalties while the CPU committed maybe 1. I played 3 games and that seemed to be the theme for me. By the way I wasn't the one committing the penalties on my team it was all the CPU.
I just played a game without the tuners and didn't have a single penalty. I did have one fight though, but I'm pretty sure I initiated that at the start of a faceoff by hitting the wrong button.

Next game here in a bit I'll DL the tuners and see what it plays like. Overall I enjoyed the game, but I really need to get better at faceoffs.

# 120 jyoung @ 09/08/12 01:28 PM
Am I missing something, or is there no way to reliably square your body up to the puck anymore now that the old vision control button (left trigger) is basically the backskating button?

I keep trying to square up my body to receive a one-timer pass, but instead, I turn completely around with my back parallel to the net. How do they expect us to take one timers now with no way to square up?

I really wish they would just take backskating out of the game altogether.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.