Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 title update #2 arrives tomorrow, which includes a new instant start option when creating a player in CCM. The team has also fixed numerous stability issues and GameFace improvements.

While the team hasn't added the ability to edit players in CCM, they still haven't shot down the idea completely, in hopes to have it available in a future patch.

More details below.

Quote:
Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the Xbox 360 & PS3. The update includes a new instant start option when creating your player in Connected Careers, numerous stability fixes, and GameFace improvements.

We’d also like to remind fans who have been asking about the ability to edit players and rosters in Connected Careers that based on your feedback, the development team is currently exploring the potential option to include additional functionality in Madden NFL 13 in an upcoming title update. We’ll update you with more information in the coming weeks after the team has time to investigate and assess the situation.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 billsmetalbooze @ 09/10/12 04:23 PM
dumb question: will the patch mean having to restart a CC save?

thanks.

# 62 Tyrant8RDFL @ 09/10/12 04:26 PM
I would love to know if the stability fixes include that of the sliders not working in a online CC.

I would love to haar that they work like they do with play now. It would make many leagues very happy

# 63 bigbob @ 09/10/12 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Since the first patch is free from MSFT, they (EA) would be better off delaying the first patch a week and getting more in than rushing out a patch that features no noticeable improvements.
They get two free patches, at least on the PS3 from my understanding.

# 64 steamboat @ 09/10/12 04:26 PM
If they don't say you have to, the default is that you do not. They'd say it if it were.

# 65 CT Pitbull @ 09/10/12 04:28 PM
with this patch does anyone know if the ZOOM cam in CCM is going to be fixed???..i hope.. sorry if already addressed

# 66 ChicagoChris @ 09/10/12 04:29 PM
I love how upset you guys are without even seeing a complete list of fixes. Also, give credit to EA for releasing a patch when they said they would. The acknowledgment of the dev team looking at CCM editing as well..

Everyone relax and be happy they are listening to all of us...

# 67 kc10785 @ 09/10/12 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I tried to tell everyone not to expect much to get fixed on the first patch update. The bugs that have been flying around and being discovered the last few weeks might be covered in the next title update.

This patch is for everything that was caught once the game went gold. ie stability issues, etc... even GameFace.
exactly this stuff was already process hint the reason why we got a date for the first patch release a week before the game came out. Usually the 2nd patch is the huge major patch

# 68 callmetaternuts @ 09/10/12 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
They get two free patches, at least on the PS3 from my understanding.
You could be right. Thought it was one but if it's two my apologies. Not trying to spread bad info.

Hopeful that this patch fixes alot but it's becoming more of a "wait until second patch" to have a good game. Lesson learned as always, wait for patches before buying. Get a better game at a cheaper price.

# 69 NYBorn81 @ 09/10/12 04:54 PM
If this is the first patch how come it says "Title Update #2"? Doesn't sound like they fixed what needed to be fixed though.

# 70 ABR173rd @ 09/10/12 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
If this is the first patch how come it says "Title Update #2"? Doesn't sound like they fixed what needed to be fixed though.
Because it is update #2 there was a release day patch.

# 71 ThisIsWeaponX @ 09/10/12 05:04 PM
Will the patch update the rosters for CCM's or do we have to wait for a separate update for that?

# 72 kjjnesb @ 09/10/12 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Because it is update #2 there was a release day patch.
Man that is kinda messed up for the game to be 2 patches in and still have this many readily identifiable issues specifically on the offline CC side.

I mean losing features in the career mode was a kick in the nuts and I understand why they did it but the least you could do is make sure your new highly touted mode is thoroughly beta tested or at the very least played...

# 73 BoomerSooner11 @ 09/10/12 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the Xbox 360 & PS3. The update includes a new instant start option when creating your player in Connected Careers, numerous stability fixes, and GameFace improvements.

We’d also like to remind fans who have been asking about the ability to edit players and rosters in Connected Careers that based on your feedback, the development team is currently exploring the potential option to include additional functionality in Madden NFL 13 in an upcoming title update. We’ll update you with more information in the coming weeks after the team has time to investigate and assess the situation.

# 74 MMurda @ 09/10/12 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
This is the 2nd patch. There rushing their patches out. They need to wait until OS can find these bugs for them. They will never notice them because they don't even realize there is a issue half the time. This update sounds like a huge waste IMO, guess it depends on the stability fixes. Doesn't sound promising.

Personally, I am looking for roster editing,and also a new zoom cam angle that is playable would be nice(and a option to use it in in CCM without it defaulting back to standard!). I sure hope they do this for title 3. This zoom cam is worthless at this angle, and some of us don't like playing on the default "bird cam"! I'd like a lot more gameplay fixes as well, but I won't hold my breath
yea i was under the impression that they didnt wanna add anything that wasnt 100%. that is wat made me really chill on their stance to not have editing. but we all see how this ccm debacle turned out. plenty of bugs and not thoroughly tested or even close to 100%. just on that alone i will never ever believe anymore ea statements. they couldve went ahead with editing out the gate cuz their own philosophy didnt hold up.

and yea i played all my madden 12 on the zoom cam and loved it even tho i couldnt see the flats and some short sideline routes. i took the immersion over vision. this yr...i dunno what they were smoking....i cant see jack shhh on zoom cam this yr. all they had to do was zoom it out just slightly for better sideline/flats and it woulda been perfect. this is the classic ea fixing wat aint broke. i hope they change the angle but i doubt they will. unlike editing...i dont think ive heard one peep outta ea about fixing zoom cam angle unless i missed something.

# 75 ThisIsWeaponX @ 09/10/12 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
How bout CC rosters? When we gonna get those?
I would like to know this too! lol

# 76 Armor and Sword @ 09/10/12 05:19 PM
I am staying patient.

I figured 2 patches will be what is needed to fix a lot of the offline issues.

In the meantime I am fooling around in a test run offline CCM just to get fully familiar with all the features, menus, XP packages, practices, etc etc etc.

Play now plays great.

Again....staying positive. And I expect the patch to address many of the offline issues holding up us offline franchise mode players.

# 77 Dewiel @ 09/10/12 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Our "game changers" are amazing!
I continue to find shots like this over here hilarious to be honest. These guys come in and do nothing but represent the community and are always attacked by guys. We even bring guys into the program from The Sim Standard and then they're just called fan boys.

The truth is the group gives us great feedback and even finds items that never go mainstream or are addressed before launch. So many of the features that guys over here like this year have been impacted by the group.

I know this isn't the entire community as a whole, but too many guys spend time trying to tear guys down instead of remembering what community was/is about... providing feedback on our favorite games and finding like minded people to game with.

You don't have to take me for my word. I would say that everyone who has met me knows that I'm an honest straightforward person who wants the best out of our games. I hand pick the guys in the group and know they want the same thing as well. Take it for what it's worth. I just want to make sure guys have the real side of things and not something that is assumed.

# 78 smonee @ 09/10/12 05:25 PM
I fired up an offline CCM just to test it out. Honestly, if they some how allow edit player (or some form of control)...I would forget about the old franchise mode I have been playing since 93. I have struggled to play past year 3 of my franchises for the past five years. With the additions in CCM I think I could be back to the 5+ year franchise. The gameplay/presentation is AWESOME (except for too many ints and the CPU non-running game) and is much improved.

But with my praise to the game, its collecting dust on my shelf. Been playing the only true franchise mode MLBtheShow! I maybe trading in Madden soon if edit roster is not added. Soon the only people online will be the kids who they are satisfying who have no money!

# 79 ChicagoChris @ 09/10/12 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
How bout CC rosters? When we gonna get those?
EA said late this week. News already out there.

# 80 RandyBass @ 09/10/12 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I hope late game ai/play calling/clock management is a fix. It ruins close games for me.
If they don't fix this, any other patching they do is pretty much pointless in my mind. So many close games in the NFL; to have them potentially ruined by poor AI is just...

*sigh*

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.