Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 is available now for 360 users. We'll update this post when PS3 users can see it.

This update includes a new instant start option when creating a player in CCM. The team has also fixed numerous stability issues and GameFace improvements.

While the team hasn't added the ability to edit players in CCM, they still haven't shot down the idea completely, in hopes to have it available in a future patch.

The week 1 Madden NFL 13 updated rosters for CCM are not included in this title update, but are supposed to be out sometime this week.

UPDATE: Here are the details on the title update.
  • Added an Instant Start option to Connected Careers as a player
  • Numerous commentary improvements to address when lines trigger and what they say.
  • Added a trade notification in CCM for the NFL Draft
  • Fixed social media sharing post-game to address spacing issues
  • Improved the GameFace feature
  • Fixed Challenge Audio to make the appropriate call
  • Improved Physics Get-up post play
  • Adjusted created players in Connected Careers so that they always have high progression grades despite their backstory choices
  • Fixed defensive assignment issues against the CPU AI when users were in Man Coverage
  • Increased the chances to trade for a CPU team’s starter
  • Adjusted the scouting development trait in CCM to display as (Slow, Medium, Fast, or Superstar) instead of 0-3.
  • Added the ability to post results from H2H MUT games on Facebook/Twitter.
  • Numerous stability issues around the game in general were also included in the update to improve the overall experience and Connected Careers specifically.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Dwaresacksqb @ 09/11/12 08:59 AM
I will get a few games in and see if I notice a change in the physics and then post what I've learned.

# 42 AndrewGW88 @ 09/11/12 08:59 AM
To everyone asking questions about the ability to edit rosters or anything else....just read the OP. It states what was fixed.

# 43 PanthersGM305 @ 09/11/12 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
I'm at work and wasting time on OS So can't check at the moment...

What exactly do you think you are seeing? Is it more loose, tighter, better, worse...?
LOL Bump i am doing the same thing... altease we here in the Op have a great sense of humor... Tx dude

# 44 PanthersGM305 @ 09/11/12 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Maybe part of the stability issues?

I go into a Play Now and see if I notice anything.
Pls check for the Man coverage Bug this kills me when the CPU get's a cheap TD while my LCB is sleep mode.

# 45 ripp1p @ 09/11/12 09:10 AM
I don't understand why EA has to explore the option if being able to allow the user to edit the roster or create a playbook/play? It baffles me bc if the user wants that, especially in an offline mode that doesn't effect anyone else playing, why can't it be allowed. If I or anyone else wants to use that in my offline ccm, I should be able to, I can understand if online isn't ollowed bc u r playing in a league with other users, but offline you should be able to do pretty much what ever you want!!!!

# 46 CajunPunk @ 09/11/12 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Antonio
It can be damage control all it wants to be, but the last thing a "greedy" EA wants to do is throw money at something that doesn't help them in the long run.
I remember before patching was possible when games where released finished, albeit not flawless. Now, they release crap with broken features that were supposed to be selling points (CCM) or completely remove features and hint at adding them back in (editing).

This kind of stuff killed games last gen. Now, patching is an excuse to keep the consumer with the hook in his cheek as long as possible. "Oh, we're fixing that in the next patch, and that in the next one, and that...."

Madden 13 takes a "new direction" with the same approach. Same old, same old.

# 47 jay16 @ 09/11/12 09:16 AM
Does anybody know if that patch is out for the PS3. I was not asked to update anything when my game loaded. Not sure if there is a diffrent way this year.

# 48 roadman @ 09/11/12 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Tighter, if anything; almost too tight... more "canned"
I see this too, but I won't go that far.

I'm seeing no ragdoll after gang tackling, to me it looks like a normal football game now.

No more tripping over bodies, falling down and playing spin the bottle.

# 49 tril @ 09/11/12 09:20 AM
REALLY...........NO LIST OF FIXES, JUST SOMETHING ABOUT GAMEFACE....I HOPE THAT IT WASNT EA THAT DECIDED TO POST THIS PATCH INFO HERE. I DOUBT THAT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE AT OS CARE ABOUT A GAMEFACE PATCH!!!
WHAT ARE THE STABILITY ISSUES? THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE IMPORTANT TO LIST HERE!!

IMO, THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS, AGAIN RA'S MADDEN WASNT CREATED FOR TRUE SIM HEADS, IT WAS CREATED FOR YOUNGSTERS AND CASUALS!!!

EA RELEASED A GOOD FOOTBALL TITLE THIS YEAR, BUT IMO, IT IS BEING POORLY MANAGED.

# 50 kongemeier @ 09/11/12 09:26 AM
Quote:
Tighter, if anything; almost too tight... more "canned"
So we're getting closer to an easier version of M12 with a semi-broken franchise mode

Guess I'll look elsewhere for my gaming fix until patch 1.03 drops... around christmas!

# 51 fripperiffic @ 09/11/12 09:30 AM
9:30am and still no patch for PS3. Thank you EA, for letting me sit here and stick a thumb up it....

# 52 Hades71 @ 09/11/12 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp1p
I don't understand why EA has to explore the option if being able to allow the user to edit the roster or create a playbook/play? It baffles me bc if the user wants that, especially in an offline mode that doesn't effect anyone else playing, why can't it be allowed. If I or anyone else wants to use that in my offline ccm, I should be able to, I can understand if online isn't ollowed bc u r playing in a league with other users, but offline you should be able to do pretty much what ever you want!!!!
It means they are working on it.

# 53 R9NALD9 @ 09/11/12 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
So we're getting closer to an easier version of M12 with a semi-broken franchise mode

Guess I'll look elsewhere for my gaming fix until patch 1.03 drops... around christmas!
agreed...with fifa 13 and f1 2013 coming out the next two weeks I'll have more than enough to play.

Leaving this pile of garbage alone untill patch 3...only if patch 3 actually fix the major problems.

Here is an entertaining story for everyone:

Resumed my offline player CCM with a created player as a balanced HB. Finished preseason and then played my first game with the Ravens against the Bengals. Final score 56 - 44 to the Ravens in 11 minute quarters with 23 second accelerated clock.

The sim engine is screwed as the time that goes off for each play is not right. Andy Dalton had 76 passing attempts in the game. Ray Rice had 45 rushing attempts. 3 players had more than 200 yards receiving...unfortunately I didn't check the total amount of plays. But still, after seeing that, Madden came out of my ps3 and into my cupboard. Won't touch it before these issues are fixed.

Also, whenever I'm called into the game, we only call plays out of the shotgun formation...not a single one out of it. Happened in preseason as well.

# 54 jpdavis82 @ 09/11/12 09:44 AM
Are the physics really gone now? I'm at work

# 55 Falconfreak @ 09/11/12 09:46 AM
Has EA listed an actual log for what the patch does change? Not just the short blurb they had on facebook yesterday?

# 56 roadman @ 09/11/12 09:46 AM
Quote:
Hmmm... So your marketing campaign is physics, you present a demo with physics, you realize physics may be a little hard to implement, so you remove them subtlety under the disguise of patches and tuners, after waiting long enough to generate revenue through the success of your marketing campaign. How do these guys sleep at night?
You liked players tripping over one another at the end of a pileup tackle and falling endlessly with limbs flying around?

I'm glad it's gone.

# 57 roadman @ 09/11/12 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconfreak
Has EA listed an actual log for what the patch does change? Not just the short blurb they had on facebook yesterday?
The first page in this thread directed up to that write-up, yesterday, that's all Steve had.

# 58 roll2tide @ 09/11/12 09:48 AM
Quote:
I've been saying all along, based on past history, major fixes after game ships aren't fixed till October/November.

I didn't think anything would be different with a patch 2 weeks after launch.

Not saying it's right at all, just that history is a good predictor.
This. Game released 8.21.2012. Patch released 9.11.2012. Thats 21 days with 14 of those going to Sony/MS approval. This patch was primarily built between the Gold ship date and game release just to fix/tweak minor issues.

Major patch normally comes later after the game has been out 30-60 days then their done until M14.

# 59 Dbrentonbuck @ 09/11/12 09:49 AM
I thought at launch, they said that this patch would fix star WR dropping so many passes. Didn't they say that? I swear I remember something like that.

# 60 Armor and Sword @ 09/11/12 09:52 AM
Quote:
And if you knew the history, no one's expectations would be high with a patch 2 weeks after launch.

Prey, you know I've been trying to warn folks not to get their hopes up, and yet, after 2 weeks after launch, people feel that all noted bugs should be fixed.

Those two weeks = MS/Sony certification.

Yep...but nobody wants to read...or comprehend. This is nothing new.

But the lynch mob mentality persists.

We are all frustrated we have a game that is incomplete. But what else can you do?

I am playing other games. No reason to get worked up over a video game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.