Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Check out what NBA 2K13 has in store in MyCAREER mode, focusing on your player's life both on and off the court. Featuring producer Erick Boenisch and the MyCAREER of Ronnie2K.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Neoda2khead @ 09/12/12 07:40 PM
Has anyone found out if u share a draft pick with some1 . Cuz I'm really tired of that . They should give u the option to draft the normal way with getting picked with the person who's actually chosen in the spot . Or change the league with your presence by making Anthony Davis get chosen second . Lemme kno ?

# 182 barimanlhs @ 09/12/12 08:33 PM
I must say just watching this video made me pre order this game. I am super pumped for this!

# 183 @ Lanc City @ 09/12/12 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I like how your thinking and I will propose it but I think with all the previous complaining they may not see the demand for it. That is a lot of work if 90% of their audience will only select top 5 and skip everything else.
Czar,

Thanks for proposing the idea, much appreciated.

Yeah, from 2k perspective why work rigorously, knowing a small percent will actually pick anything lower then lottery. I guess these things serve a greater purpose in association.

# 184 BluFu @ 09/12/12 09:15 PM
now i all need is an association insight to complete my hype cycle

# 185 NINJAK2 @ 09/12/12 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
This makes me feel so disenfranchised. My favorite mode(really the only mode I play anymore) is MP/MC, but I love all the creation parts more than anything. I'm use to having a unique disposition on life. It just sucks when the Almighty dollar supersede true creativity. I want the life style simulation of being a great college baller going pro. But if what you're saying is true I have to settle for the lesser cosmetic improvements each year. While they purposefully ignore the things that can truly make this mode a very enjoyable and realistic simulation of an NBA pro prospect. But this is the way of the world.

/rant
I'm with you dathrone(If I'm on the same page) but I wouldn't say 2k is ignoring us. Unfortunately too many people complained about being rated too low to start, being in dleague, or having to wait too long to crack starting line-up, etc. Making the NBA and staying there can be a tough road. Think of guys like Bruce Bowen who had to grind,play over seas, do what ever it takes to make it. I liked the grind..I liked things dificult. Most people want instant gratification.

# 186 illwill10 @ 09/12/12 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I'm with you dathrone(If I'm on the same page) but I wouldn't say 2k is ignoring us. Unfortunately too many people complained about being rated too low to start, being in dleague, or having to wait too long to crack starting line-up, etc. Making the NBA and staying there can be a tough road. Think of guys like Bruce Bowen who had to grind,play over seas, do what ever it takes to make it. I liked the grind..I liked things dificult. Most people want instant gratification.
Exactly. I would like to have to fight for a roster spot instead of being the franchise savior from the get-go.
Heck I wouldnt mind playing in the DLeague or even starting with 1 min and really work hard in practice to earn every minute I get on the court.

# 187 achieveduser @ 09/13/12 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
now i all need is an association insight to complete my hype cycle
Yes I hope this is the next insight!

# 188 sbitar @ 09/13/12 06:01 AM
This year you nailed it 2K, I love that all of the activities in the mode are integrated together, but … and as usual there is always a but,
what looks missing is the physical improvements, what I mean, no additions of new haircuts, new tattoos, new skin & muscle textures, I just don’t want to be on the 3rd year of my career with 2 team mates that have almost 99% of my features.

And I am also wondering if there is trades on the draft night, if 2K don’t give us the chance to be drafted to our favorite team then at least give us a chance to be traded to them on the draft night, like what happened with Kobe, I don’t want to wear a jersey for a team that I don’t like.

We never had the chance to use all the teams jerseys, also I felt last year the mode lacked to pass or it prevented the access to know what is happening in the league except the home page, if I want to ask for a tread I should access other teams to know who is in the roaster and to see if this suits me or not, also to have the chance to edit your team mates, not physically or their ratings but to change their gear.

One last thing is the simulation to reach the next game, why we couldn’t simulate the day as we can in the association mode???

I know that you want it to reflect the real life example but at the end I am a FAN of 1 team & simply I want to enjoy a video game.

# 189 kongemeier @ 09/13/12 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daking0325
I don't think I can get into MyPlayer if there aren't any sliders

Without them it's just way too easy to become great
Sorry, if this has been mentioned anywhere already, but have they said anything on this topic?

# 190 jreezy18 @ 09/13/12 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can I live
has there been an insight about strictly gameplay yet ?
Not yet. It would probably have a lot of overlap with what has been talked about already so it might not even be needed.

# 191 myownsun @ 09/13/12 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeDrop
I usually don't play My Player but it seems like it has improved tremendously. I will definitely try it this year.
Agreed, maybe this is the year I finally finish one of the my player careers I start.

# 192 m-dogg @ 09/13/12 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daking0325
I don't think I can get into MyPlayer if there aren't any sliders

Without them it's just way too easy to become great

I just limit my players ratings, if a skill starts making the game to easy or unrealistic just buy back those attribute points to keep yourself in check. So in that respect you do have all the necessary sliders for yourself.

My problem is I need sliders for my teammates and the CPU!! I just have to quit this mode every year because there is no custom sliders to get the AI to shoot realistic % and to play a realistic brand of NBA ball. please 2k, tweet that sliders are in this year! you're the only career mode in sports game history that doesnt have sliders....think about it....

# 193 Khaos_Kiwi @ 09/13/12 08:16 PM
I just hope 2k will let us increase our Shoot Off Dribble rating for MyPlayer this year. It was stupid how you could end up being a 99 OVR and only have a 65 shoot off dribble rating. This meant that even though your player was dominant, I never really felt like a true superstar. Why they left this out in the first place is beyond me

# 194 cornille @ 09/14/12 05:01 PM
so myplayer sounds sick looks sick .... my only Q is will we be able to change jerseys this year can any one fill me in

# 195 BRxSKINSx @ 09/14/12 05:27 PM
Man, I hope we can change the colors of our socks, headbands, wristbands, ect. ect. ect......

# 196 illwill10 @ 09/21/12 12:15 AM
Three things I still I want to know about is:
1. if we can sim any game or is it still like last year. I think I can get deep into a career if I can skip any game. I usually only play key games because I usually have 3-4 careers going at once.
2. I see how Coach Feedback would impact playing time. Is Playing Time based on Coach Feedback or like last year? I like the Coach Feedback. I didnt like last year where regardless of how you played, you would still gain minutes.
3. (also for Association)- Is Progression still the same as last year where it is potential based? I rather it be Production-based. If it is the same, I have to make sure players are edited before I start.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.