Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

The Madden NFL 13 updated CCM rosters will arrive on Friday. This news comes almost a week after EA Sports announced they would be available early this week.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 JasonMartin @ 09/11/12 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
our $60 annual purchase isn't quite what we were hoping it was gonna be.
It isn't what you want to be because they delayed the roster updates with 1 week or are there more things wrong with this game?

I get why people are ticked (not pissed) off, but if you already have a limited amount of time why does it matter that you have the update today? Eg. you play every friday and saturday evening. That means you missed out on 2 previous evenings since the release, that's it. It sucks maybe but it seems like this game controls the life of several people here. Just sit and relax. It's a game, no need to get worked up for.

# 62 Danimal @ 09/11/12 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
If you have 53 players, Preseason will continue as normal but it just won't ask you to cut somebody. Same idea as last year without the obnoxious UDFA.
Why didn't existing injuries work on the default CCM 75 man rosters. Johnny Knox is injured and not in Bears training camp and there were other mistakes.

So I take it we're not getting an accurate 75 man roster then, just the one we had and this new 53 man one?

I can live with that but I guess I was out of the loop, I thought we might get an accurate 75 man.

# 63 fantasysportsguy @ 09/11/12 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
It isn't what you want to be because they delayed the roster updates with 1 week or are there more things wrong with this game?

I get why people are ticked (not pissed) off, but if you already have a limited amount of time why does it matter that you have the update today? Eg. you play every friday and saturday evening. That means you missed out on 2 previous evenings since the release, that's it. It sucks maybe but it seems like this game controls the life of several people here. Just sit and relax. It's a game, no need to get worked up for.
I think you're missing my point just a bit, but perhaps I could have been clearer. In any event, the horse has been beaten enough, so I'll just leave with the comment that the game has a lot of issues and no, the roster being delayed isn't the main reason I feel the game isn't what we were billed it was going to be.

# 64 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/11/12 10:04 PM
Actually just messed around with a new career with the Bills and traded away Ryan Fitzpatrick (after souring on him thanks to the debacle at MetLife on Sunday). Wound up trading for Russell Wilson as my QB of the future. I think I may actually stick with these and start my career.

# 65 LeBlonde James @ 09/11/12 10:25 PM
Just wish these new rosters Friday would get the depth chart right too....Wilson, Locket, Tannehill, Gabbert etc all the named starters. Plus I'm sure McNabb will sign with the Browns benching Weeden but maybe having a final 53 man roster will fix that.

# 66 unc_kobw @ 09/11/12 10:34 PM
NBA 2k13 comes out October 2nd to whoever asked.

It kind of feels pointless to even start a CC now. When NBA 2k13 comes out, it will probably be all I play for awhile. Madden will have to take a backseat. With the ability to edit rosters, I could have got 3 years in a CC by now already.

# 67 alkamist @ 09/11/12 11:37 PM
lmao we just started our ccm league no one wanted to wait that long, they realized that the wait was not worth it since most everyone gets progressed every week, every 4 weeks, or even yearly so the update to the ccm means nothing right now....

So now we are starting up are 32 man league, lets see how this goes when everyone possibly complains on friday that they should have waited lmao!

# 68 unc_kobw @ 09/11/12 11:57 PM
The only reason I am waiting is Jeff Demps. Im making him the best RB in the league, I dont care how long it takes. lol

# 69 D Apocalypse @ 09/12/12 12:08 AM
Geez. The first few comments I read were all just more complaining and crying. Starting to get tired of it really. Maybe I'll quit this site like I did FaceBook.

But seriously. 3 more days and you can start your CCM. #notabigdeal

# 70 riggs6taters @ 09/12/12 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Really? You gonne sell the game cause the roster update comes a few days later
Absolutely. It's just problem on top of problem on top of problem with this game. The new patch does nothing to fix any of the games problems, the roster still isn't coming out. I mean come on I paid 60 bucks for a game over 2 weeks ago and still can't even play the main mode because of all this.

How ridiculous is that?

That would be equivalent to a COD game being released without MP or campaign. Just a gun range until they "fix" everything and patch it out.

# 71 reMicXz @ 09/12/12 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
Absolutely. It's just problem on top of problem on top of problem with this game. The new patch does nothing to fix any of the games problems, the roster still isn't coming out. I mean come on I paid 60 bucks for a game over 2 weeks ago and still can't even play the main mode because of all this.

How ridiculous is that?

That would be equivalent to a COD game being released without MP or campaign. Just a gun range until they "fix" everything and patch it out.
you cant play the mode because you choose not to lol. that has nothing to do with EA nor is it their fault. youre just a regular nit picking negative nancy which is very common around here. would you be satisfied if you were told that the roster update for CCM was pushed back because there was a player accessory overhaul? because i would.

its definitely not hard to start a season with a team you dont really want to play with and then get in on your real one once the game meets your shallow requirements

# 72 jmo2278 @ 09/12/12 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Apocalypse
Geez. The first few comments I read were all just more complaining and crying. Starting to get tired of it really. Maybe I'll quit this site like I did FaceBook.

But seriously. 3 more days and you can start your CCM. #notabigdeal
Not a big deal to you maybe. But this week was planned for me to play madden months ago and I go back to work from leave next week so excuse me for being a little perturbed that I have to sit on my hands until Friday. This thread is for people to respond to the news of CCM rosters coming out Friday as opposed to "early this week". What did you expect when you clicked on the thread? And Im also sorry that I didn't interpret early this week as in Friday!

People complaining about complaining is bringing this site down more than anything if you ask me. #quityouwontbemissed

# 73 jmo2278 @ 09/12/12 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reMicXz
you cant play the mode because you choose not to lol. that has nothing to do with EA nor is it their fault. youre just a regular nit picking negative nancy which is very common around here. would you be satisfied if you were told that the roster update for CCM was pushed back because there was a player accessory overhaul? because i would.

its definitely not hard to start a season with a team you dont really want to play with and then get in on your real one once the game meets your shallow requirements
Link to the news that the rosters on Friday will include complete accessory overhaul???

Why would he start a season today only to start a real on Friday? How is having updated rosters, which is a given in sports games these days, a shallow requirement?

How come you seem annoyed that he is expressing concerns about a product that he spent his hard earned money on that doesn't meet his expectations? Is this not the place to discuss such issues?

If it doesn't bother you why are you not playing the game instead of on here in the forums with all the negative Nancy's???

# 74 TheDelta @ 09/12/12 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
The only reason I am waiting is Jeff Demps. Im making him the best RB in the league, I dont care how long it takes. lol
He has speed 98, since this is Madden and not the NFL, that alone basically already makes him one of the best RBs in the game...

# 75 Jd_Seven @ 09/12/12 04:33 AM
It's just a shame that the opening day rosters for CC are arriving only after the week 2 schedule has started. I wonder if the extended time will be the same throughout the season?

Thanks for the info.

# 76 vstro @ 09/12/12 04:45 AM
I'm really hoping that these rosters are released earlier than later in the day Friday for PS3. Really don't want to sit around all day waiting for the download.

# 77 RajonRondo @ 09/12/12 04:51 AM
heard a rumor somewhere saying reason why CCM rosters are taking so long is because they're still in the process of creating UDFA's for each team.

# 78 Jd_Seven @ 09/12/12 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonRondo
heard a rumor somewhere saying reason why CCM rosters are taking so long is because they're still in the process of creating UDFA's for each team.
Is there a possibility of it being a scripted roster, the reason for the extended time? rather than just say adding in/editing players?

It's quite a lengthy process considering the time from the first play now roster release.

# 79 D Apocalypse @ 09/12/12 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo2278
Not a big deal to you maybe. But this week was planned for me to play madden months ago and I go back to work from leave next week so excuse me for being a little perturbed that I have to sit on my hands until Friday. This thread is for people to respond to the news of CCM rosters coming out Friday as opposed to "early this week". What did you expect when you clicked on the thread? And Im also sorry that I didn't interpret early this week as in Friday!

People complaining about complaining is bringing this site down more than anything if you ask me. #quityouwontbemissed
Play CCM with the current rosters like my 32 team league did. Your players change ratings every week anyway and so many roster moves have happened in my league like trades, cuts, free agent signings, that most teams don't even have real world current rosters. #firstworldproblems

# 80 McAlister @ 09/12/12 07:20 AM
The unfortunate part in all of this is that it really was expected. When it comes to Madden EA has never put out a decent roster update. We've always been depended on our own roster edits or editors to produce an accurate product. This is a yearly thing now. EA puts out the game, it has a host of bugs, EA puts out an early patch that really doesn't do much, because it was initiated before the consumers found all of the issues and we continue to wait for a roster update. Under much anticipation the roster update finally is released and it is terrible. Come on…..we all know the roster on Friday will be terrible it won’t be updated as of week 2, but instead week 1, it will have missing players, screwed up depth charts, etc. To top it all off the thousands of people who just want to play their CCM with accurate rosters won’t be able to because they can’t edit anything. Having the ability to edit your rosters for your franchise (CCM) really saved EA a lot of time and resources and helped cover up their deficiencies. It was a really bad idea to take this ability from the gamer.

Having said all of this I really enjoy the gameplay this year, but like many of us I am waiting for a roster update to start my CCM.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.