Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Check out the top 20 players in NBA 2K13.

Based off of NBA 2K13 player ratings that have already been released, ebc_baller has put together the following list of ratings.
  • Lebron (94+) Obviously
  • Howard (94+)
  • Durant 94
  • Paul 94
  • Bryant 93
  • Wade (92-93)
  • Westbrook (92-93)
  • Rose 92
  • Melo 92
  • D Williams (90-92)
  • Rondo 90
  • Love 89
  • J Smith 87
  • Duncan (87)
  • Nash 87
  • Manu (87)
  • Bynum 87
  • Iggy 87
  • Gay (87)
  • P Gasol 87
Do you agree or disagree with it?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Rdub33 @ 09/12/12 08:55 PM
This thread is attempting to do something which not only can't be done, but shouldn't be done and that is cross position comparisons. Comparing Russ to wade or Howard or mello is a waste of conversation IMO. However Russ is the 5 th best pg in basketball (Paul, Williams, rose, rondo) don't agree with me? Then u don't agree with coach k, coach behiem, coach McMillan, dantoni and whoever else was on the Olympic coaching staff that played Russ behind Paul and Williams.

Wade is hands down the 2 nd best sg in he lg... Kobe is 1 and harden and Manu are 3&4... So I really don't get caught up in overall ratings as much as I do position comparisons... Plus with sig skills, those who prefer their pg to be dynamic athletic scorers can use Russ and those who want a pure pg can use Paul or rondo, and those who like a hybrid of the two can use rose and Williams..... Everybody wins

# 102 Kashanova @ 09/12/12 08:59 PM
I disagree with Dwight's rating, Also how is bosh not rated better than iggy? really 2k? Really!?!

# 103 icemanfrost @ 09/12/12 08:59 PM
WOW Were the hell is tony parker why do they continue to disrespect parker which was the best PG all of last year

# 104 Rdub33 @ 09/12/12 09:03 PM
Tony is underrated but he is the 7th best pg in basketball behind Paul Williams rose , rondo, Russ and Nash .... Just is

# 105 authentic @ 09/12/12 09:11 PM
Dwayne Wade should be no where near 90...I have no problem with LeBron being the highest rated player, because he is the best player in real life. Dwayne Wade however, should be south of 85 in my opinion.

# 106 TeamBuilder @ 09/12/12 09:25 PM
Awareness matters so much for OVR that Tim Duncan made the top 14.

# 107 Rdub33 @ 09/12/12 09:26 PM
Authentic your killin me? Name a better sg than wade besides Kobe

# 108 d1234 @ 09/12/12 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Dwayne Wade should be no where near 90...I have no problem with LeBron being the highest rated player, because he is the best player in real life. Dwayne Wade however, should be south of 85 in my opinion.
wow are your serious dwade should be a 94 behind lebron and kevin durant and maybe dwight howard

# 109 TJ820 @ 09/12/12 09:32 PM
not suprised but wished kevin durant was ahead of dwight howard

# 110 authentic @ 09/12/12 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdub33
Authentic your killin me? Name a better sg than wade besides Kobe
There's a lot of players with comparable numbers. To say Dwyane Wade is a 92, do you really think he's 2-4 attribute points off of LeBron James? Absolutely not. Wade still is effective because of the talent LeBron has. Who is guarding Wade? The worst backcourt defender. The best of course is on LeBron. Wade is not a washed up scrub, but he's not a 92 overall, especially in this game, which has legends. Wade is maybe at best a 86-88, with Kobe being at about the same range, maybe a bit higher. There isn't many great SG in the game today, with most scorers being SF's and more and more PG's have the score mentality now. In my opinion, 2k overrates more players than they underrate, which leads to way too many stars.

# 111 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/12/12 09:50 PM
Quote:
There's a lot of players with comparable numbers. To say Dwyane Wade is a 92, do you really think he's 2-4 attribute points off of LeBron James? Absolutely not. Wade still is effective because of the talent LeBron has. Who is guarding Wade? The worst backcourt defender. The best of course is on LeBron. Wade is not a washed up scrub, but he's not a 92 overall, especially in this game, which has legends. Wade is maybe at best a 86-88, with Kobe being at about the same range, maybe a bit higher. There isn't many great SG in the game today, with most scorers being SF's and more and more PG's have the score mentality now. In my opinion, 2k overrates more players than they underrate, which leads to way too many stars.
But LeBron ISN'T a 94. He's AT LEAST 94 and probably 97-99. So, in that regard, Wade at 92-94 would still be probably about 5 overall points less than LeBron, which sounds about right to me. With Wade's all around game, there's no way he should be less than 92. Again, just because LeBron gets most of the numbers, should not penalize a great player he is playing with.

# 112 Gatorfan Frank @ 09/12/12 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemOlajuwon
Parker finished 5th in MVP voting last year.
just sayin'...
Can't agree more. I love how Manu is rated at 87, while Tony Parker will likely be rated around 83 again. I just don't understand 2K's love affair with Manu and disregard of TP. Switch their ratings and it would be accurate.

# 113 Joobieo @ 09/12/12 09:55 PM
Quote:
He has to be the high, hes the second best point guard in the league, the stats don't lie compared to Kobe.

# 114 Wildcats302 @ 09/12/12 09:56 PM
All you people dissing Kobe's FG shooting last year better still be here at the end of this coming season...I have a feeling it is going to go up a ton this year. Just a hunch.

# 115 authentic @ 09/12/12 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
He has to be the high, hes the second best point guard in the league, the stats don't lie compared to Kobe.
you pretty much nailed it

I can't believe you wouldn't consider Rose, Westbrook, Williams, Paul, or Rondo.......

# 116 Scramz718 @ 09/12/12 10:03 PM

"Dwayne Wade should be no where near 90...I have no problem with LeBron being the highest rated player, because he is the best player in real life. Dwayne Wade however, should be south of 85 in my opinion."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
D Wade is not a PG

# 117 Gatorfan Frank @ 09/12/12 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
You know why I disagree?

Cause Wade creates his own shot on a more consistent basis than LeBron. LeBron isn't a score-first player like Wade. To your point, Wade does get some production from LeBron - not all of it.

And given Wade being injured for the most part of the season and still pulling 30pt games out when necessary, he's becoming more efficient with LeBron on the court.

Not sure if you watch every Heat game, but down here, I've seen Wade play like this all throughout 2009 and the only thing that has changed is his speed.
His vertical and dunking have gone down as well. Wade can still throw 'em down, but his age and knee have reduced his ridiculous vert a little bit. Hopefully 2K understands this and adjusts Wade's dunking to a more realistic level. Wade's vertical and dunk should be reduced to the mid-80's, imo, and his speed and quickness around a 90 overall.

# 118 scottyp180 @ 09/12/12 10:04 PM
I look into the ratings too much, especially before the games release, considering they will constantly be changing throughout the season. Complaining that so and so should be x amount of points higher or lower isn't going to make that much of a difference gameplay wise. The addition of signature skills should also make the number rating a little less important this year. IMO as long as players are performing like themselves than I am happy.

I have a question about people who complain about ratings. If, for example, you think Kevin Durant should be a little higher than his rating (let's say 96 instead of 94) do you really think you will notice the difference when you are playing with or against Durant?

I did want to comment in Nash's rating. I'm assuming his higher rating is do to the fact that he is on a better team. Hes skills may not be improving but that doesn't mean he won't play better. He has better scorers around him which can up his assists and will also take the attention off of him giving him better scoring oppurnuties. It's like randy moss when he went to the patriots, it's not like all the sudden he had a huge improvement in skills he was just surrounded by better players which made him play better

# 119 Rdub33 @ 09/12/12 10:04 PM
Quote:
Wade was playing injured last year and was still able to dominate ball games where lebron was struggling. Bron established himself as best player in the game... I think 97 is a fair rating for him.. But wade is still the 2 nd best sg in the lg... Guys like Manu harden, ray ray, k mart, and tyreke will be rated in the 80's... And wade and Kobe are head and shoulders ahead of that group...hence 90 plus ratings. Don't let injury and a conscious effort to let bron lead the way fool u into thinking wade is not WADE... First step, mid range, finishing and defense are all still there.

# 120 NimaAkaJoJo @ 09/12/12 10:04 PM
Tony Parker?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.