Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 updated rosters for week 2 arrive tomorrow for Play Now (Online/Offline). CCM rosters arrive tomorrow as well, but they will be the original 53 man rosters, which were released last week.

Quote:
There are over well over 400+ transactions and player rating adjustments that went into this roster update.

The biggest movers after top notch performances in Week 1 are LB Craig Robertson (CLE) with a 4 point boost this week (now 65 overall), WR Kevin Ogletree (DAL) going +7 to 74 overall, OL J’Marcus Webb (CHI) gets a 4 point boost to 73 overall, and DL Henry Melton (CHI) going up 3 points as well to a 83 overall.

Some of the biggest movers on the negative side are TE Lance Kendricks (from 74 to 72 overall), OL Doug Legursky (from 75 to 72 overall), OL Leroy Harris (from 86 to 84 overall), and Titans DB Michael Griffin (from 89 to 87 overall).

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Find_the_Door @ 09/13/12 10:59 AM
Anyone surprised about anything? I thought Ogletree was pretty low at 67 so I sent in that 7 point increase, his release was horrendously low (in 50's) when in real life he's excellent at beating press coverage. I requested it be boosted to 79 which is fine for now, however, I think Ogletree may be the best WR off the line at getting out of a jam.

My surprises:

- Brandon Weeden only dropping a point

- Tracy Porter jumping up and astounding three points, it's amazing what an interception in crunch time will do for you

- Andrew Luck not losing a point. He looked like a rookie, and this is the guy that everyone said was more prepped for the NFL than Peyton. I know, I know it's only Week 2, but still. The overthrows to Wayne really had me leaning towards decrease.

# 2 Jerikokai @ 09/13/12 11:19 AM
Yet they still haven't released the week 1 rosters for ccm on ps3. Cmon!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

# 3 jpdavis82 @ 09/13/12 11:21 AM
This week 2 update will be for play now and online, the rosters released for CCM tomorrow, will be the final 53 man rosters.

Update from @EAMaddenNFL it is for play now and CCM online, haven't heard about CCM offline yet.

# 4 dpower15 @ 09/13/12 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerikokai
Yet they still haven't released the week 1 rosters for ccm on ps3. Cmon!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
So will it be this update or the Week 1 update that will be released for CCM?

# 5 jimmyy201 @ 09/13/12 11:21 AM
Colts got destroyed by the Bears and had 7 increases and 3 decreases. I've always questioned that losing teams getting more players increased then decreased. That's whats causing the inflation of everyone's overalls every year.

# 6 RGiles36 @ 09/13/12 11:34 AM
A seven point swing for Kevin Ogletree, eh?

Rating swings are nothing new, so nothing to get up in arms about. I just can't help but feel that they're wasting (or wasted) the potential of the confidence & consistency system.

Wouldn't it make more sense just to boost Ogletree's confidence, thus allowing him to play better than his previous 67 OVR? Is Ogletree really that much better of a player in a week? Or did he benefit from coverage rolling Dez's way + Witten lining up on Ogletree's side to open up more space for Ogletree to make plays?

# 7 at23steelers @ 09/13/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This week 2 update will be for play now and online, the rosters released for CCM tomorrow, will be the final 53 man rosters.
Might want to update this before people go crazy! Reports are that these will be CCM AND Play now roster update.

# 8 Ashton313Kusher @ 09/13/12 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
So will it be this update or the Week 1 update that will be released for CCM?
I also would like to know this

# 9 Find_the_Door @ 09/13/12 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36

Rating swings are nothing new, so nothing to get up in arms about. I just can't help but feel that they're wasting (or wasted) the potential of the confidence & consistency system.

Wouldn't it make more sense just to boost Ogletree's confidence, thus allowing him to play better than his previous 67 OVR? Is Ogletree really that much better of a player in a week? Or did he benefit from coverage rolling Dez's way + Witten lining up on Ogletree's side to open up more space Ogletree to make plays?
Ogletree's release rating and route run ratings were completely off (almost 20 points).

# 10 jpdavis82 @ 09/13/12 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Might want to update this before people go crazy! Reports are that these will be CCM AND Play now roster update.
Yeah I just updated it. It's for CCM online, but not sure about CCM offline yet.

# 11 dpower15 @ 09/13/12 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36

Wouldn't it make more sense just to boost Ogletree's confidence, thus allowing him to play better than his previous 67 OVR? Is Ogletree really that much better of a player in a week? Or did he benefit from coverage rolling Dez's way + Witten lining up on Ogletree's side to open up more space Ogletree to make plays?
Agreed, but I think there are two main reasons for the swing. One being that the casual gamer just wants to see a ratings boost in response to a big week and would throw a fit if only his confidence or consistency were improved. The second, and I think bigger reason, for the swing being 7 points is that Ogletree plays for the Cowboys. I could be wrong but I don't remember a guy like say, Stevie Johnson for the Bills, getting a 7 point boost for when he was killing it.

# 12 WeBB15 @ 09/13/12 11:41 AM
Hmm..

So these week 2 rosters are for Play now, and CCM online.... not CCM offline?

So the only rosters available for CCM offline is the week 1 53 man rosters which will release tomorrow, but will release along with the week 2 rosters previously mentioned?

# 13 dpower15 @ 09/13/12 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Anyone surprised about anything? I thought Ogletree was pretty low at 67 so I sent in that 7 point increase, his release was horrendously low (in 50's) when in real life he's excellent at beating press coverage. I requested it be boosted to 79 which is fine for now, however, I think Ogletree may be the best WR off the line at getting out of a jam.

My surprises:

- Brandon Weeden only dropping a point

- Tracy Porter jumping up and astounding three points, it's amazing what an interception in crunch time will do for you

- Andrew Luck not losing a point. He looked like a rookie, and this is the guy that everyone said was more prepped for the NFL than Peyton. I know, I know it's only Week 2, but still. The overthrows to Wayne really had me leaning towards decrease.
I didn't think Tannehill deserved a ratings drop. Based just on his stat line, sure, but if they actually watched the game he didn't look that bad. Two of his pics were on batted balls by JJ Watt and another was on a pretty good play by Johnathan Joseph (however he spells it) who was a Pro Bowler I believe. He looked better than I expected as far as confidence in the pocket and awareness, just got a couple unlucky breaks. Plus, he was only a 74 ovr, not like he did anything to drop from that low of a rating I didnt think (would be another case if he was rated high 70s, low 80s)

# 14 illwill10 @ 09/13/12 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
These better be the rosters for CCM because it wouldnt make any sense at all to release week 2 rosters and finally allow CCM users to use final 53 man rosters. That would be a middle finger to the CCM users.

But either way, I will be able to start my CCM.

# 15 KingV2k3 @ 09/13/12 11:46 AM
Is McNabb still over rated and therefore likely to be signed by CLE / SEA / MIN every time you start a multi year CCM?

Why are there these major ratings changes for a roster that is supposed to "hold up" over multi year CCM?

In that context, what happened "Week One 2012" shouldn't have that much of an effect...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Obviously, this is of concern only because we can no longer fix this stuff ourselves, so I'm hoping that EA acknowledges the concerns of the multi year CCM, with regard to rosters / ratings...

# 16 at23steelers @ 09/13/12 11:48 AM
Maybe they delayed it so CCM can also use the same roster update, because so many people were up in arms about it. If so, it was worth the wait!

# 17 Steve_OS @ 09/13/12 11:51 AM
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...74615901577216

Tomorrow's Wk 2 roster update is for Online & Play Now only. The Connected Careers update will be out tomorrow & is for final 53 man rosters

# 18 RGiles36 @ 09/13/12 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Ogletree's release rating and route run ratings were completely off (almost 20 points).
Meh. Fans of the Cowboys and the media members that cover the team were sour on Ogletree for a reason. He's shown nothing in the previous three years that would suggest his release ratings and route running ratings were completely off -- let alone after 1 week. This coming from an obvious Cowboys fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Agreed, but I think there are two main reasons for the swing. One being that the casual gamer just wants to see a ratings boost in response to a big week and would throw a fit if only his confidence or consistency were improved.
You're absolutely right, and I certainly understand that part of it. I just think it sets a bad precedent. What if Ogletree strings together 2 more weeks of stellar performances? He could very well find himself hovering around a 80 at that point. Then let's say he hits the plateau, and starts coming back to earth. All of a sudden he's back into 68-73 range b/c that's what he's shown to be the last few years. Now he has a huge swing back the opposite direction.

I just think that confidence & consistency would better represent the swings in performance rather than manipulating the ratings to reflect one great performance.

But again, you're right in that the average fan wants to see some moving and shaking in accordance to performance. I just don't think it's the most realistic approach.

# 19 callmetaternuts @ 09/13/12 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...74615901577216

Tomorrow's Wk 2 roster update is for Online & Play Now only. The Connected Careers update will be out tomorrow & is for final 53 man rosters
This seems to indicate that the CCM rosters will always be a week or two behind. Wonder why that is.

# 20 illwill10 @ 09/13/12 11:57 AM
It is not a big deal, but what was the point of waiting a week to allow to CCM users to use final preseason rosters. Especially when the current rosters will be released on the same day.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.