Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

While the NBA Live 13 trailer shows the game in action, according to Kotaku, it might be the last we see of it, for quite some time.

Quote:
Questioned by Kotaku, an EA Sports spokesman refused to discuss release format, time frame, or the game's anticipated feature set. Asked why this series, which has been off shelves for three years, couldn't hit an Oct. 2 release date with a 70-man team in place for a year, he said:

"We're not going to get into that level of detail with this announcement. In early April, you saw where we were with this project and how ambitious it was, that they had to take down the code of Elite and rebuild it. Its easy to surmise that also took time, in the development cycle, to get the whole thing up to speed. It was an ambitious project and it is a challenging game to create."

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 renewill27 @ 09/13/12 05:51 PM
EA just scrap what your doing, and start new next gen.

# 62 TMagic @ 09/13/12 05:51 PM
My guess is that the real reason they've had to delay it because they cant find an athlete who wanted to be on the cover. Nobody wants to be known as the face of this game after seeing it.

# 63 tjb_32 @ 09/13/12 05:52 PM
EA oh so far you have fallen...

# 64 jersez @ 09/13/12 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatitisinsports
How do you cancel a game and then release a trailer?
They've done that before NBA elite had trailers. Right now they are saying it's "delayed" but that can turn into cancelled. Look at elite's timeline impression articles----previews--------gameplay videos------trailer--------demo-------delayed-------cancelled.

# 65 Dollar Theater @ 09/13/12 05:59 PM
I saw where they said they had to tear down the Elite build and start over from scratch for this one. I'm a tech dummy, so I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before. But why can't they just take the NBA Live 10 build (which wasn't an awful game) and just polish and expand on that? Seems like that'd make for the best game moving forward, especially considering this generation of consoles is almost over.

# 66 Drewski @ 09/13/12 05:59 PM

# 67 Kentucky_Wildcat23 @ 09/13/12 06:00 PM
Definitely wouldn't waste my money on this game!

# 68 juicey79 @ 09/13/12 06:10 PM
Colors and faces look on point but I have a feeling those are enhanced. The models look very odd as do the fluidity of the game.

# 69 hawley088 @ 09/13/12 06:11 PM
Just scrap it and design for the next gen consoles coming out next year tbh. Looked promising though..

# 70 hawley088 @ 09/13/12 06:12 PM
could you imagine if 2k could make an NFL game again if EA cant even get a basketball game right?

# 71 ItsOrangeBaby @ 09/13/12 06:15 PM
The player faces look great and the Howard block animation look clean, but other than that look like they still have some work to do.

# 72 whoahello @ 09/13/12 06:15 PM
I blame that guy who was brought over from FIFA and NHL games to work on what was previously known as Elite and screwed everything up. He thought he could just easily implement the same thing from those other sports games (dribble and shot sticks) to an NBA game... No wonder Mike left EA.

# 73 jersez @ 09/13/12 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Think about it - this would have been Madden if NFL 2K was still around. Going through delays and losing gamers.
Yeah, the only positives are the faces, but I think that's sad. Not saying that players shouldn't be accurate, but this is what I'm talking about live needs fans to set a standard. There are people that will not buy 2k13 if it does not have crew. We shouldn't settle and say "well the faces and accessories are accurate", we should be saying "we want gameplay, that at the very least resembles basketball".

# 74 fluent2332 @ 09/13/12 06:17 PM
The trailer is awesome. I can only laugh at the negativity I see on this forum.

Can't wait for this game to drop!

# 75 Epiffani @ 09/13/12 06:17 PM
Quote:
"We had decided that we needed a longer amount of time to develop the NBA game and to make sure we were delivering a true AAA EA Sports title," Wilson explained. "We decided long ago that 2012 was the right time for us, long before the lockout, and I think once people see what we're developing, they'll agree that the extra time really paid off."
Quote:
on Monday, which a spokesman said will be "an all-new experience that captures the future of basketball."
At this point, I just want to know is where have the confidence went in this game? They were talking it up exponentially and again (just like with Elite) talked about the competition's weaknesses and how they are better in those respective areas. Now that its crunch time, and the time for talk has long been over, you don't want any part of the limelight that you so seek during the earlier portion of this very year?

This scenario reminds me of a guy talking a bunch of crap to onlookers -- which he's trying to impress -- about what he's going to do the 'big man on campus.' Then when the man arrives and taps the shoulder of the **** talker who's still running his mouth, he immediately cowards into a fetal position. Shows over, and of course, the onlookers are disappointed as they were expecting the guy who talked so much crap to at least put up a fight.

After the way this entire ordeal has been handled, (lies, deceit, and a lack of transparency coming off years on hiatus) there's absolutely nothing that they can do to evoke any type of confidence from me as a consumer unless they completely clean house of everyone who's responsible for the ineptitude that has fallen upon this series in the recent years. Live overall, has been a disappointment this entire generation of consoles with their myriad of three year plans that have yet to be executed fully and all of their unfulfilled promises to their fan base, but what they've done, or lack there of in these recent years, is unacceptable.

This series is "lucky" to have the backing of a conglomerate such as EA as well as a fan base that has some type of emotional ties to this series as its the game that they grew up playing, otherwise, this series would've been defunct a long time ago.

# 76 mvb34 @ 09/13/12 06:18 PM
Good start for EA... Looks like I have other basketball options after all..

# 77 fitzgerald434 @ 09/13/12 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar Theater
I saw where they said they had to tear down the Elite build and start over from scratch for this one. I'm a tech dummy, so I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before. But why can't they just take the NBA Live 10 build (which wasn't an awful game) and just polish and expand on that? Seems like that'd make for the best game moving forward, especially considering this generation of consoles is almost over.
Because that was Mike Wangs engine and he left EA and he's at 2k now

# 78 poloelite @ 09/13/12 06:22 PM
Everything else has been said, so I won't beat a dead horse, but explain to me what everyone likes about the jerseys on this? To me it looks like they don't move or flow, almost like they're painted on.

# 79 fluent2332 @ 09/13/12 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Everything else has been said, so I won't beat a dead horse, but explain to me what everyone likes about the jerseys on this? To me it looks like they don't move or flow, almost like they're painted on.
The jerseys look very realistic if you ask me. They are form-fitting and tight like real NBA jerseys, but they have some movement around the waist. They just look good.

# 80 lockdownD @ 09/13/12 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraiii
the thing that boggles my mind the most: Why doesnt EA focus on developing next gen Tech (engine, physics, gameplay) and scratch their current Gen basektball efforts...im not in love with 2k....but from the footage so far they wont be able to compete until 2013-14 at best....so why not try to be the best Sim right out of the next Gen gate? Anybody agrees or am i just stunned out of my mind by this trailer?
I agree, thats what they should have done. After the debacle of Elite and the time is took them to put together a whole new development team, their goal should have been on making sure they had a great game for the next gen console, instead of trying to rush the new team to get a game out. They should of took their time and allowed the new development team to work together and get acquainted with each other for awhile and allowed them to work on the game for at least a couple of years to insure that they wouldn't have another disaster again. Now this will probably put them even further behind 2K in the long run. Its really poor decision making from the people at the top of EA's basketball division.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.