Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

While the NBA Live 13 trailer shows the game in action, according to Kotaku, it might be the last we see of it, for quite some time.

Quote:
Questioned by Kotaku, an EA Sports spokesman refused to discuss release format, time frame, or the game's anticipated feature set. Asked why this series, which has been off shelves for three years, couldn't hit an Oct. 2 release date with a 70-man team in place for a year, he said:

"We're not going to get into that level of detail with this announcement. In early April, you saw where we were with this project and how ambitious it was, that they had to take down the code of Elite and rebuild it. Its easy to surmise that also took time, in the development cycle, to get the whole thing up to speed. It was an ambitious project and it is a challenging game to create."

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 eko718 @ 09/13/12 06:58 PM
The players in that trailer look very synthetic.

# 102 tuck243 @ 09/13/12 07:04 PM
Faces look great, but they don't have a chest... LOL... It like they are Stretch from Fantastic Four....

# 103 jersez @ 09/13/12 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousHater
You guys are bugging! That trailer was great. Please take off the 2k glasses guys. The player faces look great. Just because they go a different direction in body art doesnt mean its bad. Doesnt 2k have a problem with guys looking way more brolic than they really are and live has a tendency for all the guys to look lean! The hate for this game is comical, untill ea releases gameplay i will save my comments for gameplay
Me personally I'm not hating on the game, I just have standards and high expectations that I expect the developers to meet. The only reason why people compare this to 2k is because the quality in 2k13 is light-years ahead of Live at this point.

Like someone said, I want to see Live return to being a good game. I've grown up on live and it's really sad looking at it right now. I was going to buy the game, just for old times sakes. Just because there are some people on here being honest and realistic, doesn't mean they are hating, they probably grew up on live and loved live just like you. You can't label everything you disagree with as hating. The game has not resembled basketball for two years now, longer than that if it wasn't for live 10. 2k is actually replicating basketball, while live is struggling to resemble basketball. Why lie and act like what we've seen so far looks like basketball? But if we're honest then we are ha-ter(s)

# 104 Jrocc23 @ 09/13/12 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Don't know why yours look like that, but the one I seen looks good. NBA Live faces looks really good imo.

# 105 Rawdeal28 @ 09/13/12 07:11 PM
did you guys see Kobe Poppa Pump at 0:43?

that boy on swole! hahahahahahahahahahaha

# 106 stmark @ 09/13/12 07:12 PM
wtf was this garbage 3 yrs and this is what they came up with. Player models are trash same clunky animations. This is not a good look for Ea at all

# 107 Goffs @ 09/13/12 07:14 PM
The faces look great and the way the expressions are animated reminds me of LA Noir but the body types sucks. Some heads are just to big for the body ...

I love the shot block by Howard! See that 2k! How about some vids showing blocks like that instead of ankle breakers!

# 108 jersez @ 09/13/12 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
The jerseys look very realistic if you ask me. They are form-fitting and tight like real NBA jerseys, but they have some movement around the waist. They just look good.
They are tight because every player has the same body, they look anorexic like live 09 but worse. I wonder what Glen Davis looks like in this game hmmmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
it reminds me of Sony's basketball
nailed it that's what it reminds me of.

# 109 shadio5 @ 09/13/12 07:15 PM
The texture layer that their using for the skin style on the models are OLD. They used that old glossy texture pattern on 3d mya and it just looks OLD and out dated. Hell it looks just like live 07 with different artist.....

just looks old. Casual people, or should i say, that the casual persons eye will always OPEN wide when they see these texture glossy models. This stlye seems to always give the impression that these grapics are better than 2k....

VC/2k sports fan

# 110 nova91 @ 09/13/12 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

EA got The Truth lookin like The Grinch.

# 111 23 @ 09/13/12 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
it reminds me of Sony's basketball
This is Sony's basketball game

# 112 Boilerbuzz @ 09/13/12 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzgerald434
Because that was Mike Wangs engine and he left EA and he's at 2k now
Where is the unlike button?

# 113 H to the Oza @ 09/13/12 07:25 PM
the net/dunk effects havent changed since like 03 :/

# 114 nova91 @ 09/13/12 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This is Sony's basketball game

Man, if Sony had kept going they could have rivaled 2K for the NBA throne. If this is what it looked like in '09 imagine what it would look like now.

# 115 renewill27 @ 09/13/12 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf756193
Honestly, I thought this looked great! Wasn't going to be purchasing an NBA game this year, but this has be rethinking that decision. Definitely looks solid. Hoping we hear some new information in the near future.
You got to be joking right? I hope

# 116 renewill27 @ 09/13/12 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
I'm baffled that people are chomping at the graphics in this...

CP3 or Raymond Felton?
Wow look at the shoulder to head ratio.

# 117 magicman32 @ 09/13/12 07:38 PM
This trailer tried to mask what we already know is horrible gameplay. We saw no detailed dribble moves with defenders, no alley opps, and no jumpshots seen going through the net.

This trailer was just closeups(or replays) of some of Live's dunk animations and layups. And also passes to no one in particular. A lot of hiding in that trailer and I'm not fooled.

I also didn't like the player models or the textures. The faces look detailed, but like all sports games some will be hit or miss in accuracy.

And lastly, DELAYED INDEFINITELY? Wow. That's just a shame after almost 3 years.

# 118 strobox88 @ 09/13/12 07:45 PM
Was it just me, or did the rims and net not look realistic at all? Looks far too cartoony and arcade-like. smh..

Kinda sucks though because this trailer had it's moments, but the mix of bad totally outweighed the good.

# 119 noshun @ 09/13/12 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91

EA got The Truth lookin like The Grinch.
I thought more of a black Mr. Magoo especially the facial expression.

# 120 fitzgerald434 @ 09/13/12 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
This trailer tried to mask what we already know is horrible gameplay. We saw no detailed dribble moves with defenders, no alley opps, and no jumpshots seen going through the net.

This trailer was just closeups(or replays) of some of Live's dunk animations and layups. And also passes to no one in particular. A lot of hiding in that trailer and I'm not fooled.

I also didn't like the player models or the textures. The faces look detailed, but like all sports games some will be hit or miss in accuracy.

And lastly, DELAYED INDEFINITELY? Wow. That's just a shame after almost 3 years.
This is getting annoying the game didnt have 2-3 years of development they had less than a year -_-

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.