Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports has confirmed Madden NFL 13 online fantasy drafts will arrive tomorrow, in a server side fix for online users. While it's not the editing in CCM most of us were looking for, it is something the community has asked for.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 aholbert32 @ 09/13/12 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I get what aholbert32 is saying and for the most part I think he is right in the point that he is getting at. I think he often words what he says poorly and it often comes out sounding off. Not bashing him or anything. Just my point of view.
Like when he said Looman hates offline.... without explanation. That initially sounds like something the typical madden ***** would say but then later after explaining himself it sounds more correct.
No I said what I wanted to say. I've given the full explanation hundreds of times and didnt feel like giving it again. When a guy states on twitter that he doesnt believe that a number of features are important that actually are important to offline franchise fans ...it leads me to believe that he doesnt value offline players. Its that simple.

# 102 Dogslax41 @ 09/13/12 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49
First off, no they can announce whats in the patch before its certified. Secondly, I don't doubt EA took the past month off and are just NOW starting on a new patch. Don't expect it until late October, even though it should of already been being worked on from community feedback. They probably just got back into the office a week ago, and are just not looking at the forums.

I'll pick this game up when the next patch comes out, so hopefully in a months time its at least fixed.
Maybe if you had the game you would know how much has already been fixed since release for online that is more than likely included for offline in the patch that they apparently just NOW started working on. Maybe then you might sound like you knew what you were talking about.

# 103 kingj720 @ 09/13/12 11:50 PM
I personally like fantasy drafts n yes im more of a offline user but everything offline seems to be broke so ill try online whatever if thats my only option ill take it, im just glad they trying listening, this isnt the best news but atleast they doing something to show u that they hear u, its just i want to play with certain players i know its not real but it was basically impossible to trade for certain players i know the patch fixed it but still let people do what they want with the game its only fair n mos def makes online leagues with fantasy draft a lil more even rather than colts vs patriots or something along those lines, im not a big complainer but this game has bn pssn me off, with certain things this makes my day a lil better their headed in the right direction figured therd b alot of bugs with new engine n ccm

# 104 Aftershock9958 @ 09/13/12 11:57 PM
I only got through about 4 pages before I had to stop reading. Me? I couldn't care in the slightest about fantasy draft in Madden. But I know that it was a very important thing to a lot of people and brought a lot of heat for not being included.

So even though I won't use this feature, I'm thrilled that they worked to add it in without making people wait until 14. I am having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that so many people are writing this off and still complaining - this is a step in the right direction. It's something that could in the end effect all of us in that it sets a precedent that until now would have been the last thing we would have expected from EA.

At this point, there's no telling what type of support and patches we may see between now and Madden 14. Maybe nothing. But this gives hope, that maybe something.

# 105 xpmar9x @ 09/14/12 12:03 AM
Sweet.

Now add player editing and tune the crazy INTs and it's ready to be released. Oh wait.

# 106 ajk49er @ 09/14/12 12:06 AM
and cpu running in ccm...

# 107 Hades71 @ 09/14/12 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
If that is what they are gonna do then I am all for it. However, there is no guarantee that whatever the pinnacle point of CCM is on this gen will be the starting point of the next gen game. If the past is an idicator it will take a couple of versions just to get on par with the previous gen version. As an example. we never did get back a fully functioning Owner mode that first made its apperance on Madden 04. Hell I would still argue that nothing has touched the offline owner/franchise mode of the PS2/Xbox days. Again, just my opinion doesn't make it right just the way I feel.
I miss setting the prices for popcorn and parking.

# 108 JaymeeAwesome @ 09/14/12 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Not even close man. Look at the poll in my signature. Only 53% or so care about fantasy, roster editing, draft class, coach mode, and created players combined. So prob more like 20% care that much at all about fantasy drafts.

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% behind getting features for everyone, but this wasn't that big of a announcement to the majority, just a small %.
Personally, I think this is just a ploy to get people to play their careers online. They like to show a lot more people are online then there really are playing online vs others leagues IMO.

Anyway, congrats to the guys asking for this. I am happy for you guys, I know what it's like to be missing features I care about(roster edit, playable and working zoom cam, 2 minute & game CPU play call, and much more)
So a poll on a website that hosts only about 5% of the madden population showing 53% of the ones polled wanted this...you consider this concrete data? You would need a far larger sample size to make any kind of argument. Fantasy drafts are for the casual gamer...and the casual gamer doesn't frequent online forums. This decision was made to appease the majority, which to say...OS users don't really fit in that category.

# 109 AWendland @ 09/14/12 12:42 AM
How quickly tunes change around here..

When M13 first came out, there was an uproar about the lack of fantasy draft, it was plainly stated that it wouldn't be possible and we moved on. Complained, but moved on. Now, EA has come through with something a lot of people complained about and OS is still pissed off.

If you want to rag on EA when they do something wrong (which I'm all for), give them credit when they do something right. Remember, this is our game, we all wanted MORE features.

# 110 SamoanSteelerFromAus @ 09/14/12 12:47 AM
Congrats to all those who wanted fantasy draft. As an offline player this means nothing to me and im sure many other offline players have felt neglected by M13.

I'll never understand the logic behind taking something out like coop franchise when so many people play that way and have ever since it's conception. Must we be forced to keep up with the times and be subjected to interacting with friends solely behind our headsets?? I've seen older players of this game imploring them to put it back in cause its the old school way. I'm 23 and I choose to play the oldschool way and only that way, I hate the direction this game is going streamlining everything to online. Show some substance and loyalty EA.

Again, i'm happy for those who want this. One thing that baffles me though are the people saying "give them a break, they're obviously thinking about us and are working hard by putting these things back in"
Well its hard for me to cut EA any slack when its a feature that has been in the games for years, they take it out, theres an uproar and then they put it back in. If they left important things alone there wouldn't be so much distaste for this game.
I'll give them credit when they put something in the game that significantly improves the game for offline and online people and that wasn't stripped from the last installment. So yeah, to me, this effort isn't too impressive. Nothing will be overly impressive until they show some loyalty to the offline crowd that have helped with the success in sales for so many years.

# 111 il blood il @ 09/14/12 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NFAMOU5808
The sneaky little Looman, he made us all think it was a feature that we'd have to wait for, all the mean while it was in development.. I give him credit for trolling us, looks like EA is on the ball this year.
on the ball? it should have been in the games since release!

# 112 Cnada @ 09/14/12 12:56 AM
Sadly i knew this would happen, give them what they want and then people still complain, if anything i guess its mostly Offline that arent happy (and i understand that) but can we build a balance comment policy so we dont go around in circle forever with 'hate on ea' here 24/7?

# 113 ajk49er @ 09/14/12 12:59 AM
we arent happy because stuff like cpu running in ccm is still broken

we arent happy because we thought that the removal of fantasy was in order to improve***************** it, not just put in the same fantasy draft as before. but hey, maybe im the crazy one who thought we'd get that type of logic we got from say nba 2k when it came to fantasy drafts, I was wrong, but it doesnt mean I cant be upset about it

til they fix ccm run game, there is no "addition" that makes sense to me

# 114 raidertiger @ 09/14/12 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
I can't believe people enjoy fanasty draft smh

Always gotta spoil the casual fans I guess
Nba 2k and the show are not sim games according to your "logic"

# 115 Darth Aegis @ 09/14/12 01:06 AM
Good news for anyone that cares about this i guess. Hasn't this been in every madden for the past ten years??? Now they add something that they took away from us which we have always had and giving it back to us and where suppose to jump up and down. I really wish they would get on the other issues that really bugging this game. Pretty disappointed in this I thought it was gonna be groundbreaking instead same feature we had already in past. nothing on the zoom cam issue very nice. With all the issues in the game I can't believe there going to take another feature on they seem like over there heads now

# 116 Obnoxious @ 09/14/12 01:12 AM
No matter what you add, CCM is unplayable until you fix teams getting 100 plays a game and Chad Henne winning MVP while some HB rushes for 4,000 yards.

Still waiting for actual fixes.

# 117 JaymeeAwesome @ 09/14/12 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Your first mistake is assuming that there is a "we" here. There is no we. Just a bunch of different factions of people with different priorities.

I was someone who edited a lot of things in franchise mode. But I didn't do it because I liked to. I truly didn't like to. It forced me to focus alot of attention on other teams, and I lost the sense of being immersed in the team I was actually interested in controlling. I did it because I felt it was necessary. So when they announced there was no editing in CCM, I was concerned and somewhat relieved at the same time. I figured, as long as the cpu ai manages its team properly, and plays a decent game of football I'm fine with that. Now I can devout all my time to my team.

That didn't work out so well.

So no, I didn't need more features - I just needed what was implemented to work properly. Especially if you're going to take away features.

They should be building about the prior years version with more and more features each year. Not constantly taking out and reimplementing them.
Most other years you would be correct, but this year they decided to rip out all the modes and start fresh. They bit off a little more than they could chew with trying to perfect this new CCM mode and have the infinity engine all at the same time. They didn't remove the features you like, they just did poor time management and planning and wasn't able to get them in before the game had to go live.

They should have just release IE and saved the new CCM for next year, but they promised the community for a franchise upgrade for 2013. It didn't turn out to be a complete upgrade but once they get back all the features the previous modes had, it will be amazing.

You need to stop thinking about yourself and start looking at the big picture and how it's gonna turn out. No one forced you to get the game this year and all of the features that were left out were stated a good amount of months before the release. This year took a little side step from 12 and for some a back step, but give it time to grow and you will be thanking the Tiburon later once they finally perfect Madden football on this next gen console...

...and then have to move on to the newer consoles, but that's a whole nother story all together. I don't foresee the first few years on the newer consoles being that great.

# 118 Darth Aegis @ 09/14/12 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
Sadly i knew this would happen, give them what they want and then people still complain, if anything i guess its mostly Offline that arent happy (and i understand that) but can we build a balance comment policy so we dont go around in circle forever with 'hate on ea' here 24/7?
O believe me there are gonna be people in here slamming this fantasy land thing that pulled for it right after they download it.

# 119 MarvellousOne @ 09/14/12 01:16 AM
This is okay news for online players who want fantasy draft, but I really preferred editing players over this plus I want to play offline but since offline seems to be in worse shape than online ccm I have to play online which sucks since if you get kicked offline for any reason you lose the game stats...congrats to the online players and tough luck for the offline gamers because we don't benefit from this what so ever. I'm not sure I'll see this game last much longer in my home.

# 120 Darth Aegis @ 09/14/12 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
This is okay news for online players who want fantasy draft, but I really preferred editing players over this plus I want to play offline but since offline seems to be in worse shape than online ccm I have to play online which sucks since if you get kicked offline for any reason you lose the game stats...congrats to the online players and tough luck for the offline gamers because we don't benefit from this what so ever. I'm not sure I'll see this game last much longer in my home.
Ya I agree try and get the higher trade in value and just pick up three months later if things are fixed that's what I might do. To many good games coming to care about the average ones and waste my time.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.