Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Hobbyconsolas has posted this NBA 2K13 video presentation they recently had in Spain, with Marc Gasol. There are some short gameplay sequences of the Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 TheKasmar @ 09/15/12 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
im not liking the collision dont tell me its going to be another year of stuff like this

edit: Not me btw
Some early traps and more aggressive double teams might have helped him get the ball out of Blake's hands more. He did post this video back in April so I can understand the frustration of somebody who doesnt see this type cheese regularly. When you're in the game and it's happening to you its harder to adjust real-time. I always felt like I had to play D in the strangest way possible online in order to keep up with guys like the Clippers user. Sound defense just isnt enough in a 2k ranked game. You always have to have some odd technique added in.

The Blake abuser will certainly try this year in 2k13 to use the Posterizer sig skill to his advantage. He'll probably call just enough timeouts to try and keep Blake above 80 stamina and always keep his HUD up to know when his sig skill will register. I'll be experimenting with Lockdown Defender, Charge Card, and Active Hands, and Eraser to try and stop the One Man Shows.

# 102 Vni @ 09/15/12 03:52 PM
Griffin is unstoppable in the hand of a cheeser in 2K12. Especially online with the lag and all. Unstoppable. Double teaming takes too much time in 2K12.

# 103 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/12 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Griffin is unstoppable in the hand of a cheeser in 2K12. Especially online with the lag and all. Unstoppable. Double teaming takes too much time in 2K12.
Are you saying double teams work in 2K12?

# 104 Biagas @ 09/15/12 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Are you saying double teams work in 2K12?
Double teaming makes no sense in 2k.. it makes you go automatically into protect the ball mode and makes me walk backcourt sometimes

# 105 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/12 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
lol sry I had to log in just to post my thoughts on this....this guy sux! every time he's HUGGING the dude. Well duh. Dude's tryin to play D with Splitter or reach with Park the whole time. I'm not seeing him playing good positional D at all. Here's what you do dude... take a good defender like Tim Duncan and give Blake some room instead of hugging him. smh "complaints" like this is why good gameplay goes bad. User Errorrerr. But yeah aside from that some sore spots on D were foot planting and not enough collision detection -- all things that looked more cleaned up in the 2K13 vids.
I will admit that I have not seen that video before nor have I run into a cheeser like that. But the guy has a point. I'll agree that it LOOKS like that stuff may be better this year, but we'll just have to wait and see. People find unique was to cheese in every game. It's a tough issue.

# 106 TheKasmar @ 09/15/12 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I'll admit its a heck of a task, but looking at the video, I can tell that he wasnt running any trap defenses and his double teams were soft. Ranked online(2k12) was a year were you were forced to user everything, make frequent defensive adjustments, and timing windows for success are small, but do exist.

# 107 TheKasmar @ 09/15/12 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
blake breaks doublteams like jordan online you cant stop him. Everyone splits doublteams in 2k12 even people like bynum
Earlier this year, there were a few threads that popped up talking about the double teams and half court traps being too effective though. I experienced it myself in ranked games and it severely limited my offense and slowed me down when applied at the right time. I, in turn, was able to apply the same type of pressure to the one-man-show types and get the ball out of their hands. When playing OKC and MIA, that strategy came at a cost against somebody who knew how to find the open man.

# 108 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/15/12 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
whats with the green and purple suit Ronnie Singh is wearing at the NBA draft?
Been away, have we?

# 109 AI3 @ 09/16/12 02:24 AM
Has it been revealed what build the gameplay is from?

# 110 Vni @ 09/16/12 02:33 AM
That Durant's jumper at 4:42 looks so sexeh.

# 111 iLLosophy @ 09/17/12 07:28 PM
Didn't they say that up and unders are interrupt able now? Zbo just slides Durant out of the way with his at the 5:00 mark. Or is that more of a footplanting issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
That Durant's jumper at 4:42 looks so sexeh.
Not as sexy as Thabo's jumper right after it

# 112 poppeldart @ 09/17/12 07:29 PM
Demo anyone ??? info much ???

# 113 Pared @ 09/18/12 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
Seriously? The CPU ran plays in 2K12? You must have had a different version than me, because they sure didn't in mine. What they did do is dribble at the top of the key until the shot clock ran down, and pass to the opposite side of wherever I was switching control of a defender to.
That's the first I've heard of them "never" running plays. No reviews ever stated this, I've never seen it and I don't recall anyone ever saying it here when being serious.

Unless of course, you're being dramatic in your example.

# 114 Vni @ 09/18/12 09:51 AM
Out of the box the AI would run plays but it was mostly high pick'n'rolls. With good custom rosters it gets a lot better and you see more variety in the AI's offense.

# 115 Pared @ 09/18/12 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Out of the box the AI would run plays but it was mostly high pick'n'rolls. With good custom rosters it gets a lot better and you see more variety in the AI's offense.
Yes, I know this... my point is we go from speaking the truth and reality of the situation... like you did... and exaggerate to simply prove a point... which is what I'm guessing he did.

Because if the AI NEVER ran plays that would be a first, even for this forum.

# 116 lockdownD @ 09/18/12 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Didn't they say that up and unders are interrupt able now? Zbo just slides Durant out of the way with his at the 5:00 mark. Or is that more of a footplanting issue?
Good eye! Looks like there are still some contact and footplanting issues inside the paint on defense. I was hoping this wouldn't be the case this year with the new collision physics and after seeing the 1st developers insight video were they said that they worked really hard this year on getting the movement, change of direction, and footplanting right.

We'll just have to wait and see untill after the game is released to see if these problems with the contact and footplanting still appear at times. I don't know how old this build was that they played, but they might of worked on this some more just before the final build. At least I hope so, otherwise its something that will need to be addressed/improved some more in one of their patches.

# 117 Sundown @ 09/18/12 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdownD
Good eye! Looks like there are still some contact and footplanting issues inside the paint on defense. I was hoping this wouldn't be the case this year with the new collision physics and after seeing the 1st developers insight video were they said that they worked really hard this year on getting the movement, change of direction, and footplanting right.

We'll just have to wait and see untill after the game is released to see if these problems with the contact and footplanting still appear at times. I don't know how old this build was that they played, but they might of worked on this some more just before the final build. At least I hope so, otherwise its something that will need to be addressed/improved some more in one of their patches.

I gotta say, aside from the AI defense not sliding to intercept you, I'm not really seeing much improvement in the footplating/sliding areas at all. In some cases it actually looks/plays worse on offense and I don't remember sliding that extreme on drives in 2K11 or 12. It seems present in multiple builds so I'm not really optimistic it's fixed for the release.

I'm going to wager that this will be the biggest issue folks will ask to be fixed in the patch.

# 118 Sim_Head @ 09/19/12 03:04 AM
Wow, that didn't look impressive at all! And please someone correct me if i'm wrong but, the last time I checked the coach NEVER sat at the end of the bench...... and with Mo Cheeks at that! (4:02) Definitely not a good look 2k.

Now, as far as gameplay is concerned i'm going to give 2k the benefit of the doubt and blame this purely on the users controlling.

# 119 AllStarDaDon @ 09/19/12 02:29 PM
I LOL'ed so hard at the Blake Griffin cheese video.

It hurt my eyes and made me cringe every time CP3 gave the ball to Blake to bring up the court. The funniest was when Blake pulled up for the transition spin jumper and splashed it allah T-Mac lmao. I get shocked every year when I see how some randoms play basketball.

But the 2K13 gameplay video looked smooth. Seen some things I didn't like but hey, but the foot planting on D is scaring me. If it's still in another year of the unstoppable Kevin McHale and Hakeem up and unders. ^_^ That Rudy Gay iso hurt my feelings that's inexcusable I thought I was looking at Skip To My Lou play at the Rucker for a second

I jizzed when Westbroook put his hands up and actually called a play, bought a smile to my face reminded me of 2K9. The play calling hand signals now that's sim!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.