Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

As announced yesterday, EA Sports has added the fantasy draft into Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers for online users today. They hope to bring it to offline users in the future. Read all about it, right here.

Quote:
Once you start the draft, the draft order for the first round will be completely random, with the rest of the draft following the traditional “snake” like a fantasy draft. Each participant will have 45 seconds to make their picks and the draft will consists of 54 picks per team. So, you’ll need to cut one player before the start of the season. You will have the option to pause the draft or simply auto pick the rest of the draft at any point if you and your friends only want to draft a certain number of rounds.

Once the draft is completed, the league will move on as you’re accustomed to in a typical Connected Careers league. It is worth calling out the salaries of the players drafted in the Fantasy Draft will all be the same per round so that everyone is on an even playing field. Contracts start at 5 years/12M per year for a first round pick and ramp down to 1 year/500K per year. Another cool feature about this new setup is that you’ll still be doing your annual draft and adding the dynamic rookie draft classes with backstories into your league each year. There’s much more that you’ll find along the way, but I wanted to give you the basics.

Madden NFL 13 rosters are also available today. Week 2 rosters are available for Play Now (offline/online) while Connected Career users get the original 53-man rosters, which were released last week for Play Now. More details can be found here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 niles08 @ 09/14/12 12:34 PM
Can anybody post some pictures of the fantasy draft? From what I've gathered it sounds like you only have a choice of a few players until more are available? So does this mean you have 10 of each position or the top 50 overall that are available or what? I will be looking to draft some players that i have a liking for early, and if they aren't there obviously I won't be able to. Example would be LB Lavonte David from the Bucs. Since he's young his overall is in the mid-70's. Does this mean he won't show up till late?

# 42 jpdavis82 @ 09/14/12 12:37 PM

# 43 DocHolliday @ 09/14/12 12:37 PM
So the fantasy draft is actually not really a full "Fantasy Draft"!?

Oh EA, you are so clever in your ways!

# 44 method29 @ 09/14/12 12:39 PM
One thing I don't like about fantasy draft is that they changed the player's contracts. For instance, first round picks all have the same deal (5 years 60mil).

# 45 MoleDude @ 09/14/12 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
Can anybody post some pictures of the fantasy draft? From what I've gathered it sounds like you only have a choice of a few players until more are available? So does this mean you have 10 of each position or the top 50 overall that are available or what? I will be looking to draft some players that i have a liking for early, and if they aren't there obviously I won't be able to. Example would be LB Lavonte David from the Bucs. Since he's young his overall is in the mid-70's. Does this mean he won't show up till late?
Yea, you won't see people in the mid 70's until later in the draft...probably after the first re-population of the list, which is about round 7. Might even be later, but the good news is the CPU teams can't take those players until they show up, either. (at least I don't think)

There's definitely more than the top 50 and/or 10 of each position. I'd probably say closer to the top 20 of each position...didn't count them.

# 46 jpdavis82 @ 09/14/12 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
So the fantasy draft is actually not really a full "Fantasy Draft"!?

Oh EA, you are so clever in your ways!
What do you mean?

# 47 jpdavis82 @ 09/14/12 12:44 PM
My biggest question is how did they get the twitter commentary added in the game to go with the fantasy draft if they never planned on having this feature in Madden 13?

# 48 ProbieByKO @ 09/14/12 12:44 PM
Can anyone confirm that schemes now save?

# 49 TheSMOKE @ 09/14/12 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
My biggest question is how did they get the twitter commentary added in the game to go with the fantasy draft if they never planned on having this feature in Madden 13?
The same way that the Fantasy Draft got added into the game...

# 50 xpmar9x @ 09/14/12 12:51 PM
CPU Fantasy logic is terrible. I got Rodgers with the #27 pick? My team was stacked.

# 51 leathrneck34 @ 09/14/12 12:53 PM
It's all in their master plan to intruduce brand new AMAZING and SHOCKINGLY new / previously released old features into our beloved Madden.

# 52 DocHolliday @ 09/14/12 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x
CPU Fantasy logic is terrible. I got Rodgers with the #27 pick? My team was stacked.
Had to know this was gonna happen, EA cant program FA/Waiver/Trade logic to save the world.

# 53 jpdavis82 @ 09/14/12 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
It's all in their master plan to intruduce brand new AMAZING and SHOCKINGLY new / previously released old features into our beloved Madden.
This is still Madden 13 right? Just checking. The old way of doing things would have been to market this for Madden 14 not put it in 13.

# 54 pokerplaya @ 09/14/12 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
I'm ok with it to a point...but there are times when a position has nobody listed, and that's ridiculous. I was looking through LT's in probably round 5 or 6, and there were NONE left until round 7 when the new list populated.
Just seeing this as a user who has used fantasy draft in the past FOR FUN, but couldn't have cared less.

So, what is the FANTASY if EA is still telling you who you can draft every seven rounds? Someone said "this will stop 10 year olds from drafting rookies."

Well, if you're playing 10 year olds, its your fault for being in an immature league, and if I want to build a team of talented young players that would probably improve in the future, isn't that what a "fantasy" is??? Building a team different than the NFL composition?

"Well sure it is! You just can pick the players WE AT EA think you should be taking here... ohhhhh, you had a strategy for YOUR FANTASY... we're sorry, but we gave you enough control."

Bleh.

# 55 TheSMOKE @ 09/14/12 01:18 PM
You can wait every 6 rounds for the player lists to be refreshed or you can do it manually be toggling from "Scouted" to "Drafted" and then back to "Scouted" (as stated in the popup after you first pick).

# 56 sharebear420 @ 09/14/12 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSMOKE
You can wait every 6 rounds for the player lists to be refreshed or you can do it manually be toggling from "Scouted" to "Drafted" and then back to "Scouted" (as stated in the popup after you first pick).

Okay that's at least better than what I was hearing.. Idk if I like the whole only 10 players at each pos as I tend to go for people I like even if they are not rated the highest, we'll see how it plays out, draft logic by the cpu wasn't that bad last year, is it really that bad?? A rodgers going 27th is unacceptable. I like madden 12 fantasy draft how it always went in a certin pattern that was at least more realistic.

# 57 PopsTexas2Step @ 09/14/12 01:35 PM
I am new to this forum, so please forgive me.. i just talked to EA about Madden 13 and I complained about the Franchise Mode. I have been playing Madden since 1990, yes I am 41 years old, I look fwd to Madden each year and to not be able to play a franchise mode with as maim new ny teams as I want and using my own roster is very disrespectful to us ORIGINAL "Madden Heads" I was assured that my thoughts and comments would be esculated to the hightest. They even told me that they recorded the conversation and even sent me a 15% off coupon to any EA Game, hahahah (after paying 65.00 for Madden 13, hmmm).

You see, I am a diehard cowboy fan, living in San Diego, I even run a website with my partner (based out of Jersey), www.cowboysweekly.net. I gave the rep my name, email, number and website to prove to him that I am a long time Madden Fan, since 1990, an Sega Genesis. I really hope he/they (EA) understood my views and points I was making as far as game play, Season/Franchise Mode...

I look fwd to Madden each year and I pre-order my game EVERY YEAR, I have stayed LOYAL to EA and the Madden Franchise, I thought Madden 05 was the worst Madden when it came out for Xbox360, actualy it was my first game I purchased for my ORIGINAL 360. Now with this Madden 13, I can't even play a season with as many teams as I wannt and with my own rosters, which I like to add myself, my son, my brother(s)? I don't get that.. why would they do that to us? Don't get me wrong, I love all the NEW things they are doing, but what about us ORIGINAL Madden lovers? we gets no love now? I don't want to return the game cause like I said, I love the Franchise. I hope they add a patch SOON, with a Franchise Mode or a Season Mode so us OG's can play an entire season, offline, with as many teams as we want too, with our own rosters.

Has anyone heard about a patch coming out for a Season Mode? I know I am not the ONY ONE complaining about this. I've read many posts about "How do I play a Season on Madden 13", etc...

If any of you have a connect at EA, please fwd this on. Like I said, I have already talked to EA directly about my concerns (September 11th, 7:30pm PST), but I would HATE to stop buying Madden if its not gonna support the original generation. Feedback, negative and positive is welcomed, just don't be too hard on me, I'm just a 41 year old father of two who loves his Madden and looks forward to it each year.

I just can't believe they would do us like this!! Make it right EA, make it right for us ORIGINAL Madden Heads.

# 58 NYJin2011tm @ 09/14/12 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Hmmm, I dont understand why EA just doesnt list EVERY roster update and let the user download the one(s) they want? Oh wait, im sorry. Doing that would put too much control in the user's hands. Sorry. My bad.
And yet the NHL series will list the roster updates so you can pick the one you want.

# 59 SickDL @ 09/14/12 01:41 PM
So with this 53 man roster youll never have to cut players again in CC. What happens after season on and the first draft. Does the cpu still fills up your roster or that doesnt happen anymore? Can you select undrafted players yourself after the draft or do they dissapear

# 60 TheSMOKE @ 09/14/12 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharebear420
Okay that's at least better than what I was hearing.. Idk if I like the whole only 10 players at each pos as I tend to go for people I like even if they are not rated the highest, we'll see how it plays out, draft logic by the cpu wasn't that bad last year, is it really that bad?? A rodgers going 27th is unacceptable. I like madden 12 fantasy draft how it always went in a certin pattern that was at least more realistic.
It shows 25 at positions like QB, HB, WR, CB and 12 for all others. If it shows less than that, you an refresh to populate back to the 25 or 12 it originally contained.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.