Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

As announced yesterday, EA Sports has added the fantasy draft into Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers for online users today. They hope to bring it to offline users in the future. Read all about it, right here.

Quote:
Once you start the draft, the draft order for the first round will be completely random, with the rest of the draft following the traditional “snake” like a fantasy draft. Each participant will have 45 seconds to make their picks and the draft will consists of 54 picks per team. So, you’ll need to cut one player before the start of the season. You will have the option to pause the draft or simply auto pick the rest of the draft at any point if you and your friends only want to draft a certain number of rounds.

Once the draft is completed, the league will move on as you’re accustomed to in a typical Connected Careers league. It is worth calling out the salaries of the players drafted in the Fantasy Draft will all be the same per round so that everyone is on an even playing field. Contracts start at 5 years/12M per year for a first round pick and ramp down to 1 year/500K per year. Another cool feature about this new setup is that you’ll still be doing your annual draft and adding the dynamic rookie draft classes with backstories into your league each year. There’s much more that you’ll find along the way, but I wanted to give you the basics.

Madden NFL 13 rosters are also available today. Week 2 rosters are available for Play Now (offline/online) while Connected Career users get the original 53-man rosters, which were released last week for Play Now. More details can be found here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 lon515 @ 09/14/12 02:07 PM
Yes Checked this out for offline CCM
Scheme do save now, but only if you start a new one
rosters are updated for offline
you get more xp for practice

# 62 koszak27 @ 09/14/12 02:08 PM
I'm psyched. Trying it out when I get home from work today...

# 63 lon515 @ 09/14/12 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
So with this 53 man roster youll never have to cut players again in CC. What happens after season on and the first draft. Does the cpu still fills up your roster or that doesnt happen anymore? Can you select undrafted players yourself after the draft or do they dissapear
dude its the same game just with the roster of the actual nfl today. the cpu will make trades and draft..

# 64 lon515 @ 09/14/12 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO
Can anyone confirm that schemes now save?
yea they save for offline now

# 65 Mr Red Karpet @ 09/14/12 02:16 PM
u know what really irks me?.. the depth chart logic, u'd think by now theyd fix that Trent Cole isnt a LE and Jason Babin isnt a RE and every other teams depth charts.. i wanna be able to play as a different team or a player but just the eagles chart mistakes is enough to ruin that for me

# 66 debauchlord @ 09/14/12 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Red Karpet
u know what really irks me?.. the depth chart logic, u'd think by now theyd fix that Trent Cole isnt a LE and Jason Babin isnt a RE and every other teams depth charts.. i wanna be able to play as a different team or a player but just the eagles chart mistakes is enough to ruin that for me
It can irk you, but the AI plays it "smart" and puts the best player they have in the best position for them, regardless of where they start in "real life". It a problem with sports games across the board, where a player will attach emotional and historical links to player's digital avatars, whereas an AI just sees programmed bits and bytes.

# 67 Formula1Racing @ 09/14/12 02:31 PM
Sorry if this has been asked..I have a question about the online Fantasy Draft(FD)...Can I do a FD as a single player just like I can do CCM online sigle player? Meaning that when I select my draft picks, the CPU AI will do theirs, Or, is this FD only for human players...

Thanks in advance!

peace

# 68 lon515 @ 09/14/12 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
Sorry if this has been asked..I have a question about the online Fantasy Draft(FD)...Can I do a FD as a single player just like I can do CCM online sigle player? Meaning that when I select my draft picks, the CPU AI will do theirs, Or, is this FD only for human players...

Thanks in advance!

peace
Yup....you can do it single player.

# 69 mojo7877 @ 09/14/12 03:01 PM
How can they still have the wrong numbers for people.

# 70 Formula1Racing @ 09/14/12 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lon515
Yup....you can do it single player.
Thanks!!

peace

# 71 A_New_Classic @ 09/14/12 03:16 PM
Is fantasy draft in yet? I tried to start a new CCM, but couldn't find the FD option anywhere...is it coming later today then or am I just dumb? lol

# 72 TheSMOKE @ 09/14/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Classic
Is fantasy draft in yet? I tried to start a new CCM, but couldn't find the FD option anywhere...is it coming later today then or am I just dumb? lol
- Start a new online career.
- My Actions
- Start Your League -> Start Fantasy Draft

# 73 A_New_Classic @ 09/14/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSMOKE
- Start a new online career.
- My Actions
- Start Your League -> Start Fantasy Draft
Ahhhhh thank you kind sir.

# 74 mikey04 @ 09/14/12 03:30 PM
Ugh, so i downloaded the roster for CCM and started the CCM and went to the first week of preseason and it says that i have 74 players? what happened? How i got the roster was when i went to go online and i got a message asking to download the latest roster or i cannot play online. Did i download the wrong roster? How do i get the correct 53 man roster for ccm? Please help me, i am an idiot...

# 75 TheSMOKE @ 09/14/12 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBest
What's the difference between a solo CCM as a coach online and a solo CCM offline as a coach besides the online component?
Nothing really. Online you can use the web component or open it up to outsiders at a later time. Same experience though.

# 76 A_New_Classic @ 09/14/12 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey04
Ugh, so i downloaded the roster for CCM and started the CCM and went to the first week of preseason and it says that i have 74 players? what happened? How i got the roster was when i went to go online and i got a message asking to download the latest roster or i cannot play online. Did i download the wrong roster? How do i get the correct 53 man roster for ccm? Please help me, i am an idiot...
When you start the CCM it'll ask if you wanna use the 74man roster or regular season roster and you have to switch it to regular.

# 77 keoni41 @ 09/14/12 03:45 PM
Needdd help i downloaded the roster update but i want to play with the roster update offline in CCM but it wont let me. for example claborine dallas cowboys is supposed to be an 81 but when i start he is a 77. I thought they fixed it pls help i just want to play ty in advance.

# 78 eF 5ive @ 09/14/12 03:46 PM
Does anyone know when the patch for offline ccm will be out? I was waiting for up to date rosters and pretty sick of sitting around figure id start today but wasnt sure if id have to restart once the patch addresses fixes. I know about online single player but honestly cant deal with the d/cs specially woth the breaks i gotta take between game.

# 79 ajk49er @ 09/14/12 04:01 PM
awesome. too bad I usually pick guys with super low overalls early, so now it will be all about position when a young guy becomes available the first guy there will be all over it. smh. Id spent my first rd pick always on guys that I knew would go in rd 8 when im busy elsewhere because overall means nada to me.

just wish the cpu could run against me, saw a team put t-rich, hillis and leach in the same backfield pounding the rock. too bad they run into my line for negative yardage.

# 80 keoni41 @ 09/14/12 04:03 PM
okay one quick question since you have all the answers my ccm (offline) let me used an updated roster but it's different from the one i use in play now and online for example Dallas cowboys felix with the CCM offline update is 81 but in play now and online hes 80 same for claborine 83 in CCM offline and 81 in online and play now and yes i downloaded the roster update. So is there just different rosters for different situations or what? just need clarification. pls

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.