Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

As announced yesterday, EA Sports has added the fantasy draft into Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers for online users today. They hope to bring it to offline users in the future. Read all about it, right here.

Quote:
Once you start the draft, the draft order for the first round will be completely random, with the rest of the draft following the traditional “snake” like a fantasy draft. Each participant will have 45 seconds to make their picks and the draft will consists of 54 picks per team. So, you’ll need to cut one player before the start of the season. You will have the option to pause the draft or simply auto pick the rest of the draft at any point if you and your friends only want to draft a certain number of rounds.

Once the draft is completed, the league will move on as you’re accustomed to in a typical Connected Careers league. It is worth calling out the salaries of the players drafted in the Fantasy Draft will all be the same per round so that everyone is on an even playing field. Contracts start at 5 years/12M per year for a first round pick and ramp down to 1 year/500K per year. Another cool feature about this new setup is that you’ll still be doing your annual draft and adding the dynamic rookie draft classes with backstories into your league each year. There’s much more that you’ll find along the way, but I wanted to give you the basics.

Madden NFL 13 rosters are also available today. Week 2 rosters are available for Play Now (offline/online) while Connected Career users get the original 53-man rosters, which were released last week for Play Now. More details can be found here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ProbieByKO @ 09/14/12 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MANARMY
Once again I cant find fantasy any help ???????

- Start a new online career.
- My Actions
- Start Your League -> Start Fantasy Draft

# 102 JBate24 @ 09/14/12 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELUS1ONAL
Why is it that I still have to cut some people even though I downloaded the new roster for offline CC? I had to start cutting people in the third and fourth preseason week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I've heard, it's a 61 player roster, you just have to cut down to 53.

# 103 JoSiiF @ 09/14/12 06:43 PM
soooo no player editing? ):

# 104 Sidion @ 09/14/12 06:55 PM
I wonder if you can be apart of a fantasy draft as a player CCM... Guess I'll have to test it.

# 105 at23steelers @ 09/14/12 07:26 PM
Interesting that we only get a limited # of players til they refresh it each time. Interesting twist. I wish we got to choose what # pick we are, since it takes so long to set up. Also, for people who think 45 seconds is too short to make your pick. Pause the draft, while making your pick, then resume it again each time.

# 106 acidraindrops08 @ 09/14/12 07:27 PM
First game of my fantasy draft.. 14 minute quarters, play through the 3rd quarter, good close game. What happens? lose connection to the servers and lose the entire game, after playing for 45 minutes. Ya screw you EA, thats just bs right there.

# 107 prey2god @ 09/14/12 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
First game of my fantasy draft.. 14 minute quarters, play through the 3rd quarter, good close game. What happens? lose connection to the servers and lose the entire game, after playing for 45 minutes. Ya screw you EA, thats just bs right there.
EA says right back at ya kid and there's nothing you can do about it.

# 108 RandyBass @ 09/14/12 07:57 PM
Reading some of this thread just confused the heck out of me.

All I know is, I just downloaded two rosters, one for play now and one for CC. The two rosters are different. The one for CC has most of the rookie QBs rated higher than their backups, so those guys will stick as starters. This was not the case last week. Nice job there. The only guy I saw not rated higher than his backup was Gabbert @ 75, with Henne (?) backing him up @ 76.

So gimme some elbow room biatches, I'm gonna start me my fran... Er, CC mode. Don't care about the rest at this point.

# 109 tigerbothesh23 @ 09/14/12 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidion
I wonder if you can be apart of a fantasy draft as a player CCM... Guess I'll have to test it.
you can do a fantasy draft as a player in CCM, but you are on which ever team you selected at the beginning, so you're not put in the pool to be selected by other teams.

# 110 GetBuff @ 09/14/12 09:21 PM
I posted this in bugs/glitches but figured I'd double post since EA has completely screwed me/us.

Does anyone else have a problem in the fantasy draft where they cannot see all the players for each position?

I can only see a limited number of players for each position in the game and I have seen players get drafted after my pick that I did not see in the draft pool.

Has anyone else had this issue?

# 111 cletusdog @ 09/14/12 09:52 PM
the rosters are ridiculous. Guys should be on IR are taking up spots. Guys that were cut weeks ago are still on the team. Some of the practice squad players are sprinkled in. It just adds to guys THAT ARE ON THE TEAM being cut by the computer. This is SO frustrating.

# 112 ideaman81 @ 09/14/12 11:33 PM
Does anyone know why Mike Kafka was deleted from the game?

# 113 Dexter1028 @ 09/15/12 12:51 AM
I must be ******** or my PS3 is messed up. I am trying to start an offline CCM and I go online and download the newest roster but when I start the CCM I have the old rosters not the new ones. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

# 114 blklightning @ 09/15/12 01:28 AM
They need to be updating all the rosters at the same time. This is just stupid.

# 115 TrentCole @ 09/15/12 02:06 AM
I dunno if this has already been mentioned, but I love how they finally changed fantasy draft to work like a normal draft!!!

Any long time fantasy player knows how it's always been - runs on positions through the whole draft ( like all DE's in the first, qb's in the 2nd, rb's in the third etc)since forever.

Know it appears that teams draft by need and scheme!! My god I have been waiting years for this, for ea to challenge us in the fantasy draft. Before I would just pick the guys who I wanted at each position, and just draft them one round earlier than the "run"

Bravo EA, long time coming

Only thing - guys like RG3 should be drafted early, guys like Urlacher (simply for age) shouldn't go in the 1st, like in nba2k

One thing I don't like, and I get the why it's in there (to balance the cap), is making salary attached to round drafted. It's one of the things I disliked about nba2k, however there were some balance issues with madden in the past because of this (fa was not existent pretty much before in fantasy, because the computer algorithm drafted to meet the cap therefore no one ever went into fa, no one good anyway, the rosters were the rosters, but you can't win em all I guess

# 116 Nza @ 09/15/12 06:48 AM
I could have sworn a major selling point of CCM was that being online or offline was merely a state, and not something that heavily influences how the mode works.

After all, that was an excuse for no editing - that for it to be added to CCM, how editing is handled in online scenarios is a factor making it difficult to implement. Now all of a sudden the game can differentiate between the two states. Which is it?

It's fairly obvious EA are really trying hard to make everyone an online gamer. It's far more lucrative for them.

# 117 mojo7877 @ 09/15/12 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter1028
I must be ******** or my PS3 is messed up. I am trying to start an offline CCM and I go online and download the newest roster but when I start the CCM I have the old rosters not the new ones. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same issue. I exited the game and restarted it. I was prompted again that my CCM roster was out of date, and it re-downloaded and saved correctly that time and I had it then.

# 118 dominator0382 @ 09/15/12 07:48 AM
Quick question about the fantasy draft online.. When you use your created player in the draft, are you capable of drafting other players that you desire as well?

# 119 Narcissiist @ 09/15/12 11:10 AM
Can someone tell me how to put Fantasy draft on? I can't find it and want to play it online and offline. If you can thanks.

# 120 DJ @ 09/15/12 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELUS1ONAL
Why is it that I still have to cut some people even though I downloaded the new roster for offline CC? I had to start cutting people in the third and fourth preseason week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it doesn't make sense, especially with guys on IR still counting towards your 53-man roster.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.