Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

As announced yesterday, EA Sports has added the fantasy draft into Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers for online users today. They hope to bring it to offline users in the future. Read all about it, right here.

Quote:
Once you start the draft, the draft order for the first round will be completely random, with the rest of the draft following the traditional “snake” like a fantasy draft. Each participant will have 45 seconds to make their picks and the draft will consists of 54 picks per team. So, you’ll need to cut one player before the start of the season. You will have the option to pause the draft or simply auto pick the rest of the draft at any point if you and your friends only want to draft a certain number of rounds.

Once the draft is completed, the league will move on as you’re accustomed to in a typical Connected Careers league. It is worth calling out the salaries of the players drafted in the Fantasy Draft will all be the same per round so that everyone is on an even playing field. Contracts start at 5 years/12M per year for a first round pick and ramp down to 1 year/500K per year. Another cool feature about this new setup is that you’ll still be doing your annual draft and adding the dynamic rookie draft classes with backstories into your league each year. There’s much more that you’ll find along the way, but I wanted to give you the basics.

Madden NFL 13 rosters are also available today. Week 2 rosters are available for Play Now (offline/online) while Connected Career users get the original 53-man rosters, which were released last week for Play Now. More details can be found here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 lon515 @ 09/15/12 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissiist
Can someone tell me how to put Fantasy draft on? I can't find it and want to play it online and offline. If you can thanks.
they cant add game play additions to offline without a patch so you will get fantasy draft for offline in the next patch its only for online now

# 122 Narcissiist @ 09/15/12 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lon515
they cant add game play additions to offline without a patch so you will get fantasy draft for offline in the next patch its only for online now
I saw. And thanks. I got it to work but the EA Servers keep kicking me out and going down so every time I get to pick I can't and it gives me no one to pick and skips me.

# 123 TheSMOKE @ 09/15/12 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator0382
Quick question about the fantasy draft online.. When you use your created player in the draft, are you capable of drafting other players that you desire as well?
No. Players do not pick in the draft. All players (active, created, legend) will be released from their team as soon as a Fantasy Draft is started and will be drafted to a CPU team.

If you join a league that is in progress with a Fantasy Draft, you can create a player onto a team or assign a legend to a team. You will also only be able to choose an active player who has already been drafted.

# 124 fantasysportsguy @ 09/15/12 01:22 PM
Is EA just going to ignore the Vita version of this game? No updated rosters after every other version has gotten them.....anyone heard anything?

# 125 TheSMOKE @ 09/15/12 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSMOKE
No. Players do not pick in the draft. All players (active, created, legend) will be released from their team as soon as a Fantasy Draft is started and will be drafted to a CPU team.

If you join a league that is in progress with a Fantasy Draft, you can create a player onto a team or assign a legend to a team. You will also only be able to choose an active player who has already been drafted.
To add to this, there is nothing preventing you from starting out as a coach, picking your players through the Fantasy Draft, then immediately retiring and coming back as a created player on your drafted team.

# 126 mikemck09 @ 09/15/12 03:18 PM
Hmm... I have the option for the Latest 53 Man Roster but I do not have the option for the Fantasy Draft...

Nevermind... *** You have the option to choose Fantasy Draft after you begin your career, in the "My Actions" Screen it will let you choose whether to Start Season or Fantasy Draft.***

# 127 WilesThing @ 09/15/12 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBuff
I posted this in bugs/glitches but figured I'd double post since EA has completely screwed me/us.

Does anyone else have a problem in the fantasy draft where they cannot see all the players for each position?

I can only see a limited number of players for each position in the game and I have seen players get drafted after my pick that I did not see in the draft pool.

Has anyone else had this issue?
The list of Scouted players doesn't update frequently enough. It looks like it can only show about 300 players at a time. If you switch between the Scouted and Drafted lists before your pick each round, it will refresh the list of available players and you should see the latest batch of 300.

# 128 TheSMOKE @ 09/15/12 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemck09
Hmm... I have the option for the Latest 53 Man Roster but I do not have the option for the Fantasy Draft...
It's been posted quite a few times (in this thread) how to access it.

# 129 DJ @ 09/15/12 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Is EA just going to ignore the Vita version of this game? No updated rosters after every other version has gotten them.....anyone heard anything?
I wouldn't expect much, sadly. Same thing happened with MLB 12 The Show, not a single patch. At least with The Show, we (I mean Vita owners) had access to the Roster Vault, so we could download updated rosters.

I haven't checked yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Vita roster thread in the rosters sub-forum.

# 130 bichettehappens @ 09/15/12 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
Can you not use the beginning of season roster for offline CCM? I see the option when making an online, but I just tried to make an offline ccm and seemed like it was default rosters. Any help? Not interested in playing single player online and having to battle connection issues.
Have there been people complaining about connection issues with single player online CCM? I've never encountered any connection issues in any of my online CCM games.

# 131 yankblan @ 09/16/12 08:28 AM
I downloaded offline rosters 5 times; when creating offline CCM and selecting downloaded rosters, I still have 70 man rosters anf rookies with wrong jersey numbers...

WTF?

# 132 billsmetalbooze @ 09/16/12 09:41 PM
is it worth restarting a career for the update?

and i don't really care about modified player ratings -- are the other improvements (XP, schemes and anything else they improved outside of ratings) enough to download the latest roster and start a new career over?

thanks.

# 133 steamboat @ 09/16/12 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
People have been complaining and EA did acknowledge that there were server issues when the game first dropped, but that happens to almost every game with an online component at release time, but it was an isolated issue that has been fixed. A lot of the times it has nothing to do with the server and more to do with the individual users connection, the popular response is to just blame EA.
Then could you please explain why I do everything that every thing has ever told me to do and yet Madden 13 is the ONLY game that never works online. Even Madden 12 works. Doesn't seem to me that that would be the case if it were my connection somehow. I have it on DMZ, have a 15 meg connection 2 meg upload.

I've been asking for help on every forum known to man and everyone has told me it wasn't my connection.

# 134 steamboat @ 09/16/12 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze

and i don't really care about modified player ratings -- are the other improvements (XP, schemes and anything else they improved outside of ratings) enough to download the latest roster and start a new career over?

thanks.
Offline? absolutely.

# 135 buckeyeballa7 @ 09/17/12 01:52 AM
so evryone says that the schemes in offline ccm save but it still says my scheme is west coast offense and base 4-3 defense. where do I go to change these things?

# 136 SloeyEZ @ 09/17/12 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeballa7
so evryone says that the schemes in offline ccm save but it still says my scheme is west coast offense and base 4-3 defense. where do I go to change these things?
Coaching schemes do not change at this time unfortunately. The threads regarding schemes saving/not saving are the player position schemes that you can change by going to more...strategy...schemes

# 137 SloeyEZ @ 09/17/12 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze

thanks.

Quote:
Offline? absolutely.
I still haven't restarted my first cc yet, (offline & prior to patch) still in the exploring stage and vacillating between restarting or just going back to HC.

# 138 buckeyeballa7 @ 09/17/12 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Coaching schemes do not change at this time unfortunately. The threads regarding schemes saving/not saving are the player position schemes that you can change by going to more...strategy...schemes
that sucks but thanks tho

# 139 DJ @ 09/17/12 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeballa7
For created coaches, that is true in that the schemes don't change. If you use a legend or current coach, you can change those schemes and they will stick.

# 140 adam914 @ 09/17/12 02:04 PM
So is it not possible to do an offline CCM with the updated 53 man rosters from Week 1? When I start an offline CCM the rosters are not the most up to date. When I start an online CCM they are.

So I thought, ok no big deal, will just do online. Then I got booted from the servers during the game and realized after I finished it that nothing was saved because of that. So online isnt really an option if I never know whether the game will end up counting or not.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.