Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

NBA 2K13
is looking great every time we see it, and we all know which teams will be easy to play with this year (Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Bulls, etc). But which teams will be the toughest to use? We'll list the three teams, why we think they will be so hard to use in NBA 2K13, and what you can do to improve them. Wheeling and dealing with trades is a hint.

Read More - NBA 2K13: Three Toughest Associations to Play With

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rensational14 @ 09/14/12 01:10 PM
The Orlando Magic. The have a bad bad bad team this year

# 2 heyyyyyyymacarena @ 09/14/12 01:14 PM
kings are going to be good

# 3 RocketTMac1 @ 09/14/12 01:23 PM
Orlando anyone?

# 4 MEL12170 @ 09/14/12 01:23 PM
Orlando is going to be tuff to rebuild. I was thinking about using the Bobcats, then Orlando trade Howard and got back nothing.

# 5 RocketTMac1 @ 09/14/12 01:26 PM
As long as Association doesn't change like Madden's franchise and you can still manage all teams

# 6 JasonMartin @ 09/14/12 01:30 PM
How are the Bulls easy to play with when Rose is injured? It's going to be hard as hell. It's still a game so I can own the CPU even with the bobcats but IRl it's something else. The Bulls will struggle.

Teams that are easy/fun to play with that replace the Bulls are the Spurs/Indiana/...

Lakers/OKC/Heat are the cheese teams.

# 7 nova91 @ 09/14/12 01:35 PM
I always chose the Bobcats, you can parlay a couple players in packages to get 1st and 2nd round picks while signing some decent FAs and be able to build a team that is a championship contender within 3-4 years if you draft, sign and trade right.

# 8 Gramps91 @ 09/14/12 01:35 PM
Yea, magic have almost nothing going for them anymore. Plus I'm really looking forward to being the Bobcats and using Kidd-Gilchrist

# 9 Marino @ 09/14/12 01:38 PM
Come on now Chris, we have a new logo.

Spoiler

# 10 hoi514 @ 09/14/12 01:40 PM
no teams are tough in association mode because you can always find a way to make a trade. Whether you have player with bad contracts or players who you know are not getting any better, just send a package and collect some draft picks.. that's what I always do. After one season or two, my team would turn around. It just happens that I sometimes end up with 6-7 1st around picks and many 2nd round pick, I try to send a package of picks to teams in exchange for better picks.. unreal.. but it always work. AI can't do nothing about it.

# 11 andeee @ 09/14/12 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
How are the Bulls easy to play with when Rose is injured? It's going to be hard as hell. It's still a game so I can own the CPU even with the bobcats but IRl it's something else. The Bulls will struggle.

Teams that are easy/fun to play with that replace the Bulls are the Spurs/Indiana/...

Lakers/OKC/Heat are the cheese teams.
Because assuming that you're playing the normal Association mode, Rose won't be injured.

# 12 Guard-ian @ 09/14/12 01:45 PM
Orlando and Houston should be candidates to be in that list instead of Cavs and Kings... Also Detroit and Utah can be suspicious.

Kings players used to be pretty useful in past 2k games and Cavs will have a star in Irving from this year on...

Cheers! ;-)

# 13 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/14/12 01:48 PM
Yeah, I would actually put Orlando second on this list. They have a lot of draft picks coming, so rebuilding may be easier than it will be for the Bobcats. However, I'd be excited to play some lockdown D with MKG and Biyombo.

The Bulls would actually be an interesting choice, as you'd have to go a year without Rose. It could be a struggle at first.

The Suns might also struggle with their assortment of mix-match almost-star players, but the rebuilding wouldn't be nearly as much fun without the young potential and draft picks like Charlotte, Orlando and Cleveland.

# 14 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/14/12 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
Orlando and Houston should be candidates to be in that list instead of Cavs and Kings... Also Detroit and Utah can be suspicious.

Kings players used to be pretty useful in past 2k games and Cavs will have a star in Irving from this year on...

Cheers! ;-)
Oh, yeah, Detroit should be interesting with the two young twin towers developing.

# 15 Da Amba Lamps @ 09/14/12 02:04 PM
I forgot about drummond, I might just take detroit out for a test drive as my first association, knight, monroe, drummond is one hell of a foundation to start with.

# 16 BRxSKINSx @ 09/14/12 02:08 PM
Raptors.....? Are they gonna be good....?

# 17 Plush oNe @ 09/14/12 02:23 PM
There's a difference between teams that will be tough to play with and teams that will be tough to use in Association with. Since this is about Association, I actually think the three teams you mentioned are three of the EASIEST teams to use.

Miami, Lakers, Bulls and etc will be some of the hardest. Reason being, they're all over the cap, and have older twilight stage vets with less than 3 years left on all their contracts -- with the exception of the Thunder because they have all good to great young players at every position and all of them are locked up for many years to come. They also have the Bird rights of Harden so he would be easy to re-sign (if he doesn't get re-signed sometime by the game release anyway).

Teams like the Cavs, Cats, and Kings have good solid young players who can become future stars (some even superstars), and LOADS of cap room to take a run at players like CP3, Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, and Josh Smith among many other formidable role players. You can build a great team in 1 year for the next 8 years with these bottom 3. Or, you can have fun for 2 or 3 years with the teams you have. I'm choosing the former.

# 18 boomhauertjs @ 09/14/12 02:23 PM
No mention of Dion Waiters for Cavs?

# 19 Rdub33 @ 09/14/12 02:28 PM
Kings were one of the best association teams last year due to trade able parts and cousins and tyreke potential... I wouldn't touch the magic with a 10 foot magic wand!

# 20 Hunkerdown @ 09/14/12 02:38 PM
My Hawks without JJ.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.