Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports has revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.
  • Dwight Howard – 96
  • Chris Bosh - 83
  • Roy Hibbert - 86
Previously revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings below.
  • Eric Gordon – 85
  • Aaron Brooks - 77
  • Manu Ginobili - 86
  • Marc Gasol – 83
  • Pau Gasol – 87
  • Serge Ibaka – 81
  • Javale McGee – 74
  • Josh Smith – 87
  • Kemba Walker - 78
  • Kendall Marshall - 65
  • Evan Turner - 75
  • Steve Nash - 87
  • Danny Granger - 84
  • Kenneth Faried - 76
  • Grant Hill - 77
  • Austin Rivers - 67
  • Chris Paul - 94
  • Amare Stoudemire - 84
  • Andrew Bynum - 87
  • Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - 78
  • Tyreke Evans - 81
  • Michael Jordan - 99
  • Derrick Rose - 92
  • Allen Iverson - 95 (00-01 NBA Finals Iverson)
  • Jared Dudley - 75
  • Thomas Robinson - 75
  • Scottie Pippen - 92
  • Kevin Love - 89
  • Anthony Davis - 80
  • Monta Ellis - 86
  • Dion Waiters - 71
  • Andre Iguodala - 87
  • Kobe Bryant - 93
  • Carmelo Anthony - 92
  • Rajon Rondo - 90
  • Kevin Durant - 94 (Dropped 1 point)
  • Blake Griffin - 86 (Dropped 1 point)
  • Harrison Barnes - 75

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 thisisgr8t623 @ 09/18/12 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
As an offline player screw ratings, I'll never ever ever ever use 2ks outsider roster.

But for online association guys, would be wonderful if the owner of the lg can run rosters from 2kshare as the base.

Downright ridiculous this guy is still employed to half *** roster an over rate players for the casual gamers.

Number 1 on my wish list for future 2k b ball, incorporate the ability to use other rosters for online play.

Better yet hire some of the great roster makers of OS. Rashidi, Nog, Rondo, Ronyell, youalreadyknow, Tomba, Vctrb, etc... These guys don't get paid to fix his bs ever year, when they really should for pouring hours, days, months to getting the game to truly shine.
i kno thats what im going to do ppl like tyson chandler who led the in feild goal percentageand was the defensive player of the year has a lower rating than brooke lopez and serge ibaka. teams like the nets are almost better than the bulls spurs and knicks. 2k always messes up the ratings.

# 122 ojandpizza @ 09/18/12 03:20 AM
^ looking at Chandlers FG% is somewhat inaccurate when rating him.. His FG% is high because he hardly ever takes any un-necessary shots or difficult shots, NOT because he's such a good low post scorer..

# 123 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/18/12 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjeffery08
howard went down to 95 when looking at the new screens, and bosh 82 apparently? hibbert is 79 aswell? thats just what was posted by OS
The screen shots are from much earlier, as Barnes is still a Laker in them. These three ratings were just revealed today from 2K's twitter account, so they are more up to date.

# 124 ojandpizza @ 09/18/12 04:03 AM
I really like Hibbert, but I think him being an 86 or whatever it was is flat out crazy lol

# 125 b0z1c @ 09/18/12 04:35 AM
no way Howard is a 96

# 126 Jrocc23 @ 09/18/12 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99centChickenSammich
Bosh's low rating the past couple of years all makes sense now. The whole world (including 2k devs) saw this garbage, and his credibility hasn't been the same since..

I mean, there's flopping, and then there's acting like you've just been shot in the face with a Desert Eagle. Come on man.
Pathetic. Lost all my respect for Bosh.

# 127 Streaky McFloorburn @ 09/18/12 07:25 AM
I just have to weigh in on the lil PG discussion in this thread.

If you are debating the best all-around player that is listed as a PG, it's a fair question worthy of discussion - CP3, Rose, D-Will, Westbrook, Rondo, Nash all excel in certain areas and deserve consideration.

But if you're trying to debate who the best actual PG is?

CP3 is the only player on the above list who has lead the league in assists and AST/TO ratio, even in different seasons. (Try not to let it bother you non-Raptors followers that Jose Calderon is the only other PG who has even come close to doing this) If you don't understand how impressive that is, try to imagine a volume shooter like Kobe leading the league in FG%.

CP3 is the only player on the above list to lead the league in win shares (in 07-08, when he was the MVP by a huge margin but the media voted Kobe his lifetime achievement award). He has been the top PG in win shares every year since then except 09-10 when he was injured for half the season, and 2nd only to Lebron among all players last season. He is unquestionably the most valuable PG in the league to whatever team he is on.

Obviously I can't use stats to address the ballhandling thing, but while he is not the best "ankle breaker", his ball control is second to none. Watch his ability to handle the rock in traffic and keep it "on a string". If there is any player that will give you a sense that they are connected to the ball at all times, it's Chris Paul.

He steps up in nearly every 4th quarter, is a master of "shot clock cheese", consistently shoots better than all of the top PGs except Nash, and is as tough/scrappy as any player in the league. If you had any two of those guys on the same team, he's the last one you'd slide to the SG position (IMO because of Nash's shooting, D-Will's size, Westbrook and Rose's athleticism, and Rondo's defensive length).

Plain and simple, he puts more on the table and takes less off of it than any player not named LeBron James.

# 128 titans321 @ 09/18/12 07:47 AM
Wait, so Hibbert is an 86, but Marc Gasol is an 83? Wow. What the hell were the roster makers smoking.

# 129 ojandpizza @ 09/18/12 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaky McFloorburn
I just have to weigh in on the lil PG discussion in this thread.

If you are debating the best all-around player that is listed as a PG, it's a fair question worthy of discussion - CP3, Rose, D-Will, Westbrook, Rondo, Nash all excel in certain areas and deserve consideration.

But if you're trying to debate who the best actual PG is?

CP3 is the only player on the above list who has lead the league in assists and AST/TO ratio, even in different seasons. (Try not to let it bother you non-Raptors followers that Jose Calderon is the only other PG who has even come close to doing this) If you don't understand how impressive that is, try to imagine a volume shooter like Kobe leading the league in FG%.

CP3 is the only player on the above list to lead the league in win shares (in 07-08, when he was the MVP by a huge margin but the media voted Kobe his lifetime achievement award). He has been the top PG in win shares every year since then except 09-10 when he was injured for half the season, and 2nd only to Lebron among all players last season. He is unquestionably the most valuable PG in the league to whatever team he is on.

Obviously I can't use stats to address the ballhandling thing, but while he is not the best "ankle breaker", his ball control is second to none. Watch his ability to handle the rock in traffic and keep it "on a string". If there is any player that will give you a sense that they are connected to the ball at all times, it's Chris Paul.

He steps up in nearly every 4th quarter, is a master of "shot clock cheese", consistently shoots better than all of the top PGs except Nash, and is as tough/scrappy as any player in the league. If you had any two of those guys on the same team, he's the last one you'd slide to the SG position (IMO because of Nash's shooting, D-Will's size, Westbrook and Rose's athleticism, and Rondo's defensive length).

Plain and simple, he puts more on the table and takes less off of it than any player not named LeBron James.
I agree with you everywhere except for the margin of how much better you say he is.. When he is playing at his 100% self level (not this past year with NJ) I think Deron Williams is just about as good as CP3 is.. If not its a close second..

After those two I think it's a big drop off, Rondo just because he is so terrible offensively for a PG and Rose and Westbrook because simply being athletic doesn't cut it...

I also agree with you that people don't realize how great of a ball handler CP3 is.. It's not all about the highlight ankle breaking cross overs, it's about controlling the ball, being able to take it to whenever you want on the court and not turning it over.. CP3 and Rondo are the best in the league at that.. Maybe Nash as well.

I like how your argument separates all around players from actual point guards, if we were going by actually playing the PG position, a true PG, I would have CP3, Rondo, D Will, Nash, and Tony Parker all ahead of Rose... However as an all around player Rose is ahead of most of them...

I think that just shows how much more valuable a guy like CP3 is than Rose.. Not only is he up there as one of the best in the all around player stand point but he's also one of the best as a pure PG.. That's the total package

# 130 DeemDaDream @ 09/18/12 11:34 AM
I think Roy hibbert should be in the mid to high seventies. He isnt a dominant rebounder and he is immobile. He can post up, shoot the mid range, and block shots. But his skills hardly warrant anything over a 77 or 78.

# 131 stillfeelme @ 09/18/12 01:37 PM
The overall numbers are just a tier system equation used by the insider to evaluate talent for association or popular opinion. They change by position. I think they make little exceptions to their equation to get the overall value of who they want to be rated higher or lower. I do think some of the individual ratings are not equal across the board.

PG's: Passing is weighed heavily has to be. Rondo offense only is 85 despite being a poor to average shooter for his position. He doesn't even finish that well in the paint. FT shooting below 60% for a PG. Chris Paul who is much better shooter across the board and equal level passer is a 93 for his offense. To me this means shooting doesn't play that big a role in offensive rating.

I think Howard is rated so high based off whatever new rating system 2K is using this year. There seem to be a few people that are getting higher ratings this year. I think the only one that dropped was Kobe.

# 132 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/18/12 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raul24NDLAL12
Do you know how minor the surgery was?
Do you know he is almost 100%?
Dwight said that his Dr told him that this will make more stronger.
Sorry if your organization doesn't know how to treat a superstar.
What??

It's a back injury, which is never minor. Plus, even though it happened months ago, Howard won't be 100% by the start of the season. Thirdly, are we to believe that his back injury and subsequent surgery made him so strong as to up his overall rating by 2 full points even though his numbers will go down from playing with 3 other stars???

Seems like a bit of a double-standard compared to other players, ie Bosh, just because Howard is such a high-profile celebrity and is playing for the Lakers now.

# 133 99centChickenSammich @ 09/18/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaky McFloorburn
If there is any player that will give you a sense that they are connected to the ball at all times, it's Chris Paul.

He steps up in nearly every 4th quarter, is a master of "shot clock cheese", consistently shoots better than all of the top PGs except Nash, and is as tough/scrappy as any player in the league.
I can't argue with anything you mentioned except the "tough" part. If we're talking about playing through injury, then CP3 is among the toughest. And he's definitely scrappy.

But don't forget, he's a huge flopper (like the rest of the Clippers/most of the league), and he likes to get "tough" and in guys' faces, but only when he conveniently has other players and refs around to immediately break things up.

And although i think Rondo is still the best pure point in the league, CP3 is by far the most efficient, and is at the top of the list of (all) players that instantly make their team better.

# 134 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/18/12 04:33 PM
Quote:
So Bosh is now like Howard rofl.
It's been over 6 months. Yes this was a minor surgery nothing major. You do know that he is going to start when the season begins? Lakers medical staff already said so. If he was so hurt he obviously wouldn't be working out with the Lakers staff & his personal trainer. Don't know how his numbers will drop when he was getting about 14FGA PG which is what Bynum was getting when he was with the Lakers last season. If anything his PPG will rise now that he as a PF who can compliment him & the best Pick & Roll PG in the league.
No, Bosh is not like Howard- as a player. But, Bosh wins a title as an important team player and his rating stays the same (underrated at 83). Orlando struggles, Howard gets injured and now joins a team with 3 players demanding touches, and his rating jumps 2 points. That doesn't add up.

# 135 KDurant35 @ 09/18/12 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
You are probably the worst poster in this whole thread. I am still waiting on the facts that back up that Rose is a better defensive player than CP3. Would you rather me just ether you with the info instead? You choose.
Please point to me where I said Rose is a better defensive player than CP3. And by quoting that specific post are you agreeing that CP3 has better handles than Rose? ..and I'm the one being accused of being the worst poster.

# 136 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/18/12 05:45 PM
Quote:
At least Howard can take his own team to the Playoffs unlike Bosh when he was with the Raptors only made the playoffs twice in a 7 year span. Sorry, but if you don't see how much of an impact Dwight can make on Offense & Defense then IDK what to tell you.
I'm sorry that you can't understand that I am not comparing the two as players. Obviously, Howard is a tier 1 superstar and Bosh is tier 2.

I am comparing their situations as they pertain to their ratings this year. Howard, somehow, has seen an increase when he hasn't earned one. If anything, with all the factors coming into this season (injury, Orlando's down year, having less of a focus offensively with his new team, etc), he should have gone down a point from last year, not up 2 points.

Bosh, on the other hand, remains underrated even though he still has the same skills that allowed him to put up big numbers in Toronto. He has been penalized for sacrificing his individual stats for a title run.

Similar situations, but one goes up and one goes down.

It seems their overall ratings should be more in this range... Howard, 92-94, Bosh, 84-87.

# 137 KDurant35 @ 09/18/12 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I agree with you everywhere except for the margin of how much better you say he is.. When he is playing at his 100% self level (not this past year with NJ) I think Deron Williams is just about as good as CP3 is.. If not its a close second..

After those two I think it's a big drop off, Rondo just because he is so terrible offensively for a PG and Rose and Westbrook because simply being athletic doesn't cut it...

I also agree with you that people don't realize how great of a ball handler CP3 is.. It's not all about the highlight ankle breaking cross overs, it's about controlling the ball, being able to take it to whenever you want on the court and not turning it over.. CP3 and Rondo are the best in the league at that.. Maybe Nash as well.

I like how your argument separates all around players from actual point guards, if we were going by actually playing the PG position, a true PG, I would have CP3, Rondo, D Will, Nash, and Tony Parker all ahead of Rose... However as an all around player Rose is ahead of most of them...

I think that just shows how much more valuable a guy like CP3 is than Rose.. Not only is he up there as one of the best in the all around player stand point but he's also one of the best as a pure PG.. That's the total package
All your other points I agree with except the last one. In 2012 the Bulls went 18-9 without Rose(.500%), with, they were 32-7(.780%) I this shows Rose's valuability

# 138 Paul Pierce_OS @ 09/18/12 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTCU
You still have noone to guard Russ lol or KD so in actuality how'd you guys make yourself a bigger threat to OKC. And regardless the Lakers would get killed by Miami or Philly.

# 139 SteboSSK @ 09/18/12 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDurant35
Please point to me where I said Rose is a better defensive player than CP3. And by quoting that specific post are you agreeing that CP3 has better handles than Rose? ..and I'm the one being accused of being the worst poster.
My bad, I got you mixed up with another poster. To answer your question about handles. What does it even mean to have better handles? Are you arguing who is flashier, handles/takes care of the ball better? Be more specific. If you are talking better crossovers and what not Ill give that to Rose. Even still what does that even matter? Skip to my Lou could out dribble any of these dudes. It has almost 0 relevance to who is the better PG. Another thing CP3 has posted some of the hightest AST/TO ratios in recent history. Rose has never done that. So based on the primary responsibilities of the PG and defense. CP3 has Rose beat easily. Rose is a slightly average distributor and average defender. CP3 is elite for PG's at both. The only thing you can argue that Rose is better at is finishing and attacking the rim. While this is a great part of his game, it should be more of a cherry on top than the meat of a game of what you would want out your PG.

# 140 Paul Pierce_OS @ 09/18/12 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTCU
Philly could definitely match up with the Lakers dude. They are the grizzlies of the east.
All they would have to do is isolate holliday and spread the floor with shooters. Defensively they are one of the best nuff said
Not buying that, Philly first of all is not getting past MIA, NYK or Boston this year so them getting to the finals is nearly impossible. Second of all, I think the talent of the Lakers would win out, too many offensive weapons and too good a defense (if things go as planed). I also think philly dose not have enough scoring to combat the Lakers offense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.