Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

During a recent interview with US Sports Down Under, NBA 2K13 Producer, Erick Boenisch let the cat out of the bag, as he confirmed no Crew Mode for NBA 2K13. This marks the second year in a row Crew Mode will not be featured in the game.

Quote:
We didn’t have time to add a crew mode this year, but its definitely something we will be looking at moving forward because the demand is certainly there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 jersez @ 09/18/12 01:24 PM
So what's the difference between crew and team up? I honestly don't know, they seem like the same thing just not using your my player.

# 162 23 @ 09/18/12 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2ndrgmaster
Hmm 23, he said if they take out the most popular mode My player ... and you responded with most popular says who?

i don't know what you are reading.

fail
I think it went well over your head lol

You said what I just said...

Anyway this is about crew or the lack of not myplayer

Oh and once jordan came aboard the sales went up alot more

People have raved over Mj and magic and bird and pippin not some freaking crew mode and you know it just like everybody else does

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

# 163 xMoJox @ 09/18/12 01:24 PM
I don't see why people are so dumbfounded as to why people are so disappointed at the loss of crew mode. Just because we used to play other game modes before crew does not justify the reasoning to not see the loss of crew as a big deal. For example, imagine if team-up was in 2K9 and 2K10 but not in 2K11? Would it still be logical to use the argument regarding what modes we played "before"?

# 164 Jrocc23 @ 09/18/12 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
wait what lol. He said who cares about crew it just some fantasy mode. I said my player -- which 2k themself said is most popular - is also a fantasy mode. So that premise of it being a fantasy mode doesn't really fly.
He is agreeing with you from what I read.

# 165 iLLosophy @ 09/18/12 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Oh and once jordan came aboard the sales went up alot more

People have raved over Mj and magic and bird and pippin not some freaking crew mode and you know it just like everybody else does

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
A little bit off topic, but I am curious to know how much of it was Jordan and how much of it was the fall of NBA Live/Elite....I know they were both a factor but I don't know which one had the bigger influence....

# 166 23 @ 09/18/12 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
A little bit off topic, but I am curious to know how much of it was Jordan and how much of it was the fall of NBA Live/Elite....I know they were both a factor but I don't know which one had the bigger influence....

Are you serious man?

NBA Live wasn't selling well long before 2k11, and for good reason

2k marketed the heck out of 2k11 with Jordan spot commercials which is money in the bag

I dont understand why we're in here acting like everything is a conspiracy and the real secret is with the illuminati

# 167 Jesus White @ 09/18/12 01:35 PM
cant the crew guys play team up with their friends?

# 168 23 @ 09/18/12 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Damn.

I am still waiting for the obligatory, "If you like playing pick up games so much just go outside and play basketball" comment.

OS Forums - you're falling off.
I was about to post that to the post ramboo made about looking at basketball from a real point of view

This is not a flight simulator, its a basketball video game... good lord

# 169 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/18/12 01:42 PM
Who cares? I loved crew but I dont miss the hacks, the 8ft players, the uncapped 75 pgs who actually talk **** to you after the game like they're good. Those are the same people who have to use kobe or lebron because they don't know anything else. Crew boosted alot of bums heads up I for one am indiferent see me on team-up or thst black top

# 170 Boilerbuzz @ 09/18/12 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Are you serious man?

NBA Live wasn't selling well long before 2k11, and for good reason

2k marketed the heck out of 2k11 with Jordan spot commercials which is money in the bag

I dont understand why we're in here acting like everything is a conspiracy and the real secret is with the illuminati
But he has a valid point. How much was the sales of 2K helped by the lack of Elite/Live? If you look at 2010 season of games, 2K had doubled up Live in sales. But sales were still had by Live enough to make a dent in the sales of 2K. Would it have been the same in the 2011 season sales? I don't know. But it's greater than zero.

For the folks complaining about Crews, you guys are ALL over the map. If the cool thing about Crews was that you could take your MP and play with your friends online. Outside of it being 3 on 3 and not 5 on 5, I don't see how My Player pickup games are that far from what you want?! According to the article and Ronnie2K tweets, you can SELECT YOUR TEAMMATES and go online with your My Player. Some of you said that what you wanted. So why THIS much drama?

And for the conspiracy people - from all corners with everyone that has had face to face with the devs, sounds like they want the mode as much as you do. But the online system had to be stable first. It's just like the fans of a game that say they would rather wait out a delay if it makes the game better. Well, here you go. But, you're still not satisfied? Crazy.

# 171 mlp111 @ 09/18/12 01:44 PM
doesnt bother me at all, because i was tired of fighting the giants!!!!! really dont care about crew mode or myplayer!

# 172 Kese86 @ 09/18/12 01:44 PM
All this agony over Crew Mode makes you think money was being handed out for playing that mode smh The people at 2K must laugh everytime they hear Crew Love by Drake thanks to you people. I sure do lol

# 173 andeee @ 09/18/12 01:45 PM
Quote:
Just to clear something up that some of yall don't seem to get:
Oh, boy.
Quote:
- Being a fan a Crew doesn't necessarily mean you're a fan of the hacked version of Crew. It means the concept is genius but was poorly implemented in 2K11.
This is true, I'm pretty sure most people know this. The concept could be good, but there was so much wrong with the mode that saying it was "poorly implemented" is putting it as nice as you possibly can.
Quote:
- To trash talk Crew is to trash talk THE MOST realistic FORMAT when you compare it what actually takes place in real life basketball.

The Crew format = you controlling yourself, with human teammates, vs other humans controlling their my player. (league setting is best to mirror rec leagues, organized ball, etc)

Real life basketball = same thing

Real life basketball = NO BOTS. Sorry Association people. There's no robots I see on the court when I go play pickup or 24hr fitness. You rely on REAL CHEMISTRY and how to be the best HUMAN not the best "I Can jedi mind control 5 players at once"
No. Team Up is more realistic than Crew.

Team Up has players that are actually in the NBA, Crew doesn't.

Team Up has natural balance, Crew(in the end game) has up to ten players running around with nearly maxed out attributes(thanks to an extremely tame cap system) making them a better player than what is even possible in real life. That's not realistic.

# 174 Kese86 @ 09/18/12 01:47 PM
Here's a sweater to ease the pain Crew lovers lol

# 175 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/18/12 01:52 PM
Oh quickly we forget.....The same ones crying about it missing are the same ones who had nervous breakdowns when they get murdered by hacked players

# 176 23 @ 09/18/12 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
But he has a valid point. How much was the sales of 2K helped by the lack of Elite/Live? If you look at 2010 season of games, 2K had doubled up Live in sales. But sales were still had by Live enough to make a dent in the sales of 2K. Would it have been the same in the 2011 season sales? I don't know. But it's greater than zero.
Oh I could post some factors but lets not do that here.

I dont care if Crew is in this year or not, but I only commented because of one of the crew crazy comments about other stuff being "you fill in the blank" but left out Crew mode like 5 million people are going to buy call of duty instead because of it

Anyway, the explanation was given, whether people like it or not, so accept it and move on or miss out on probably the best game of the series

# 177 aholbert32 @ 09/18/12 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
Resources wasted that what it has to do with it.
Two different teams work on online and features like Dream Team.

# 178 L7Joker6 @ 09/18/12 02:18 PM
Bet Ya'll Won't Buy The Game Though, I'll Wait.........

# 179 8KB24 @ 09/18/12 02:23 PM
All I have to say is... I DON'T CARE DD It just took space on my HDD.

# 180 bm011 @ 09/18/12 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
If u don't play my player and crew games fine . But just like u don't care about it. A lot of us don't care about playing with dream teams..
Exactly. I don't care about the dream teams and old teams being in the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're there, but I would have much rather had crew mode.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.