Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

While NBA 2K13 will not have Crew Mode, they will include 3 on 3 Blacktop Mode Online, where you can use your MyPlayer and invite your friends to play.

Of course, there is also NBA 2K13 TeamUp, for those that enjoyed the mode last year.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 m1ke_nyc @ 09/18/12 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Well that is where the problem we had from 2k11 presents itself. How does 2k know I didn't artificially boost my guy while I wasn't connected to the internet?
I think 2K will just be enforcing attribute caps. Hopefully its like what EA had planned where there were global caps for there online crew like mode for Elite 11.

# 62 iverson7681 @ 09/19/12 12:21 AM
just to clarify, does the 'NBA 2K13 TEAM UP' involve co-op 2k13. Not just online but also just playing 2 player my player mode at home with your mate? This should really be included in the game, it would bring a whole new aspect to the game. Pleaaasseee pleaaassee make this so!!

# 63 iverson7681 @ 09/19/12 12:21 AM
'involve co-op my player mode*'

# 64 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
well if you were able to add this, how come you couldn't put crew in?
You are just trolling now dude.

# 65 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
I rather have 5 v 5. Its going to be hard to play team defense with only 3 pple. 3 on 3 just sounds like its going to be a dunkfest with no real team play. IMO
Then you didn't play competitive 3 on 3. A ball handler, scorer, and big. This is the basics.

# 66 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
You are right, but at least their were computers to guard the paint and etc. 3v3 will mostly be PG, SG, SF and will just be iso iso iso till they get to the paint for an easy dunk. Won't be any defense it seems like.
Which is why REAL 3on3 was PG - SG/SF - PF/C...

# 67 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/19/12 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bezyslim
I think u VC for playing since it is online.
What in the world is VC?????

# 68 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Then how will offline guys play MyPlayer/MyCareer?
You will have to make one for offline and one for online. The online players can be played normally, but you need to connected to update him.

# 69 KyotoCarl @ 09/19/12 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDAxBALLA954
What in the world is VC?????
Virtual Currency. Check the FAQ think it's in there, or I'll add it.

More or less like skill points.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 70 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AI3
Will we be able to invite 5 friends and choose our teams to play 3v3 with just us?

Or will we only be able to be in a group of 3 and find 3 other randoms?
If I'm not mistaken, you may be able to do both/either.

# 71 TUSS11 @ 09/19/12 01:48 AM
Why in the world is it 3-on-3? Did we even ask for that? Once again 2K thinking they know what we want.

# 72 xMoJox @ 09/19/12 01:51 AM
I was already planning on making a 6'9 sg and now since hearing about the 3vs3, I'm definitely going to do that! =)

# 73 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
You just play it offline, if you connect online then your my player info is stored on the servers.

As far as the topic goes I can see it now, nothing but 7ft tall SF running around. The cheesers will find some way to ruin this mode.
No. That defeats the purpose of storing online. It's like, again, WoW. Any events that change your player are done with validation to the server. Yes, you play your normal game, but you keep a connection to the validating server. If you lose that connection, the server will not let you keep your changes. If your player becomes different, then the server says, piss off, it's all on your end now. But that player can't be played online after that. So any MP you see online will have to have gotten him legitimately within the rules of the game. Considering there have been some tall SFs in the league in the past, a 7 ft SF isn't THAT much of a stretch. He would be slow though...

# 74 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iH uS K 3 R z
Yea since people who play association or ranked matches never complain. Give me a break. The people who hate crew are the ones that sucked at it.
Wrong. I didn't like it because of the hackers and people playing like monkeys. No REAL basketball going on at all. And let's not forget the basic online cheesers.

# 75 TUSS11 @ 09/19/12 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
No. That defeats the purpose of storing online. It's like, again, WoW. Any events that change your player are done with validation to the server. Yes, you play your normal game, but you keep a connection to the validating server. If you lose that connection, the server will not let you keep your changes. If your player becomes different, then the server says, piss off, it's all on your end now. But that player can't be played online after that. So any MP you see online will have to have gotten him legitimately within the rules of the game. Considering there have been some tall SFs in the league in the past, a 7 ft SF isn't THAT much of a stretch. He would be slow though...
What happens if I want to create multiple players? Can the servers accommodate that?

# 76 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Why in the world is it 3-on-3? Did we even ask for that? Once again 2K thinking they know what we want.
It's called a compromise.

# 77 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
What happens if I want to create multiple players? Can the servers accommodate that?
I wouldn't know that. I would like to think so. But I'll assume only one Online MP for now.

# 78 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMoJox
I was already planning on making a 6'9 sg and now since hearing about the 3vs3, I'm definitely going to do that! =)
Your going to have to work to make him good though...

# 79 xMoJox @ 09/19/12 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Your going to have to work to make him good though...
Oh I will! It will take some time but I'm a patient man lol.

# 80 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 09/19/12 02:28 AM
I'M HOPING WE CAN ADJUST QUARTER LENGTH AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO PUT ON H.O.F AND SIM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.