Home
FIFA 13 News Post

For those of you with EA Sports Season Ticket, you can start downloading FIFA 13 now! Play a few games and post your impressions here.

If you have any questions about EA Sports Season Ticket, click here for videos and FAQ.

Game: FIFA Soccer 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
FIFA Soccer 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bad_philanthropy @ 09/21/12 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott76
Have only had a chance to play 2 games so far, but I think this is a step back from last year's version.
It plays extremely slow, the new dribbling is infuriating to say the least...maybe not with the star players, but when 80% of your team aren't "stars" it really is noticeable how badly it plays.
Don't see how this could be a negative after the light speed even on "slow" in the demo.

# 2 grizzlies317 @ 09/21/12 07:41 PM
Could be a long night...I'm at 5% after 15 minutes

# 3 ezio @ 09/21/12 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Don't see how this could be a negative after the light speed even on "slow" in the demo.
I was thinking the same thing

# 4 bad_philanthropy @ 09/21/12 07:48 PM
It is especially encouraging when he references how "badly" it plays based off poor dribbling skills of lower-tier teams. That could mean that you really have to slow the pace of the game down to move the ball, and can't just pass and jam forward on the stick all the way up the field. In that case, I would be concerned that the cpu is endowed with superior ball-handling skill though.

# 5 mike24forever @ 09/21/12 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott76
Have only had a chance to play 2 games so far, but I think this is a step back from last year's version.
It plays extremely slow, the new dribbling is infuriating to say the least...maybe not with the star players, but when 80% of your team aren't "stars" it really is noticeable how badly it plays.
I need your Internet. I have Bells 15/10 and I'm at 80% after 1 hour and 50 minutes.

# 6 BIGE888 @ 09/21/12 07:55 PM
i just have basic road runner from time warner cable it and it took 1 hr and 15 min. which isn't bad considering it was 6000 some mb. installing now.

# 7 BIGE888 @ 09/21/12 07:55 PM
1 hr and 45 min*

# 8 BenVenom @ 09/21/12 07:59 PM
On ps3, it downloaded 100%, installed 100%, messi comes on the screen, says hit start, I do so and then I've been stuck at a screen for over 20 min, shows fifa 13 with a ball hitting the back of the net. On the bottom left screen it there is a circle with an arrow in the middle continually flashing down in the circle, seem to b a loading icon, but nothing happens? I restarted the game and get the same thing. Maybe it's a further install but there is no disc so that doesn't make sense. Anyone experiencing this or maybe have a suggestion please let me know. Thanx

# 9 ezio @ 09/21/12 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVenom
On ps3, it downloaded 100%, installed 100%, messi comes on the screen, says hit start, I do so and then I've been stuck at a screen for over 20 min, shows fifa 13 with a ball hitting the back of the net. On the bottom left screen it there is a circle with an arrow in the middle continually flashing down in the circle, seem to b a loading icon, but nothing happens? I restarted the game and get the same thing. Maybe it's a further install but there is no disc so that doesn't make sense. Anyone experiencing this or maybe have a suggestion please let me know. Thanx
After you downloaded and installed did it kind of sit there for a while and not let you move? I noticed when i got madden and Ncaa it kind of hung for a while and then I was able to click on it and play it. Although you did say you restrated so not sure.

# 10 orion523 @ 09/21/12 08:02 PM
F'N awesome. Total 360 from the demo. Pace is slowed, defense is very tight, first touch is brilliant. It adds a totally new dimension to the game, forcing you to be more deliberate for fear of counter-attack. What else.... oh all FIFA 12 stuff like CTT's carry over. The sliders are exactly the same except for the addition of a first touch slider(very nice!).
Although I've only managed to squeeze just one 15 minute half in, I purposely played against Stoke and they were using long ball tactics, hopefully this is a good sign. I hate to sound like a fan-boy, especially after just a short time with the game, but my feeling is that FIFA 13 has taken a nice step in the right direction. There weren't many fouls, but I had a lenient referee. I know I'm all over the place here, but I'm just trying to give some impressions off the top of my head. Once I finally get to dive in(Daughter's birthday party) I'll post some more impressions.

# 11 BIGE888 @ 09/21/12 08:04 PM
@benvenom if it keeps doing that delete it and re-install it. might be your only option

# 12 ezio @ 09/21/12 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Although I've only managed to squeeze just one 15 minute half in, I purposely played against Stoke and they were using long ball tactics, hopefully this is a good sign
Happy to hear that as I was planning on playing against them to check the same thing

# 13 Gnemi @ 09/21/12 08:05 PM
I'm having the exact same problems as BenVenom with my PS3 install.

There's a circle at the bottom left with a bouncing arrow pointing down and nothing is happening. I'm about ten seconds from being really frustrated!

# 14 bad_philanthropy @ 09/21/12 08:06 PM
First impressions:

-Menus are nice and clean, but man is there a lot of jazz going on with them all sorts of "NEW FEATURE!!!" and redirects status updates for Match Day or whatever it is. Very busy.

-I like the ability to select time of day for matches in the demo, and there is also a feature in the retail version to select the season as well.

-The game does look brilliant. The color palette really pops with the new lighting upgrades. I will say that the player models have always bugged me a bit with their oddly proportioned and gawky limbs.

-The pace for the user on slow seems a bit slower than the demo, but the AI still seems intent on playing at a blistering pace of moving the ball up field at all costs. Could have just been Newcastle's style though.

-I do really like the first touch. Reduces some of the constant perfect counter-attacking that was present in last year's game.

# 15 phgspfc @ 09/21/12 08:06 PM
Same thing happened to me. It is stuck on the part where it says fifa 13. Just before the game loads

# 16 tfctillidie @ 09/21/12 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phgspfc
Same thing happened to me. It is stuck on the part where it says fifa 13. Just before the game loads
this is also happening to me. loads endlessly. WTFF

# 17 ezio @ 09/21/12 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
-The pace for the user on slow seems a bit slower than the demo, but the AI still seems intent on playing at a blistering pace of moving the ball up field at all costs. Could have just been Newcastle's style though.
I was afraid of this. If every team still does that then it will be a concern for me.

# 18 bad_philanthropy @ 09/21/12 08:13 PM
I saw on the EA forums that the PS3 thing is a known issue and EA is scrambling to fix it.

No issue on 360.

-I do feel like the aerial game is a little better for the user this year. I've felt like for the longest time the cpu has had a weird advantage in that aspect of play, but it seems more even now. Hard to describe as it's mostly a control/feel thing.

EDIT: I really do like how the new first touch stuff slows the game down a bit. Last year the player in this video would have gained control of the ball at a much earlier point.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136077400

# 19 phgspfc @ 09/21/12 08:13 PM
Should we re-install it?

# 20 BenVenom @ 09/21/12 08:14 PM
Guys thank for ur replies, I just jumped over to the ea fifa forums, there is 5 pages of ps3 users saying they can't get past this loading screen, awesome. Any ps3 users playing, because so far I haven't heard of any. I wanna punch my tv. Sorry for the rant.

« Previous1234567891617Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.