Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Just in time for the NBA 2K13 demo, which arrives tomorrow. Check out the controls trailer.

Gameplay Producer, Mike Wang (Beluba) has chimed in with the following update (Post #24).

Quote:
just fyi... some of the controls are incorrect in this trailer:

Bounce Pass = LT+A
Behind the Back = RS away from hoop

As for shots, the trailer just shows how to execute some of the new shots with the face buttons. Shot Stick controls are completely different. For example:

Hop Step Layup = LT+Double Tap RS left or right
Euro Step Layup = LT+Throw RS one way then back the other

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 KyotoCarl @ 09/24/12 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Will we get a written version of the new controls?
No, this is it. But you will have the manual as well and in-game tutorial/manual.

# 182 hesko @ 09/24/12 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
WAYYYYYYYY to easy IMO. i guess people crying about the complexity of isomotion resulted in this. Game may play more like streetball
Nah g. people gonna play it like its streetball. then people are gonna complain about how cheesy it is cause they gettin broke off. then 2k might release a patch that tones it down.

# 183 Stickz24 @ 09/24/12 11:50 PM
Spin dunk was stoppable last year. Cmon y'all. But you can only do so much playing on ranked allstar lvl. Try hof or superstar sim in vs games. We're here y'all. Some of us use the sim settings 2k. Please keep doing what you are. Sometimes it's not that a move cant be stopped. Its more u haven't figured a way to stop it. Cut him off when u know hes going to spin and hands up on D. Hell run into contact. Only the powerful players .. Lebron and Blake really make it hard to stop. I've save u the tutorial ...I can stop it speech. Just remember the ranked games are for general consumption so it'll be a little "friendly". Play ur friends on hof sim and notice the difference. Thoughts of an old skool 2k vet.

# 184 Stickz24 @ 09/24/12 11:58 PM
Call me out if I'm lying. Play me on hof sim, abuse spin dunk; tape and post it for all to see. You might lose ...or win. But I bet a surplus of spin dunk attempts will get you blown out. I'll even put paypal money on it. You will miss more than half of ur spin dunk attempts over 10 with anyone person. Here it is .. call him out and take his money. Quick $100 for whomever is passionate enuff to prove a point. #Feelimg myself tonite youngsters .... Hof sim setting tho. 6-7 minutes ..so fatigue is a factor. Those are my stipulations.

# 185 Stickz24 @ 09/25/12 12:01 AM
INBOX ME ON XBOX ...as i'm not on here all day. Announce it much as you like if u have that kinda time.

# 186 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/25/12 12:06 AM
Im wondering do i have to wait for the west coast to catch up? That would suck if i gta wait till 3 am for the demo

# 187 KyotoCarl @ 09/25/12 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDAxBALLA954
Im wondering do i have to wait for the west coast to catch up? That would suck if i gta wait till 3 am for the demo
This is the wrong thread but I gotta wait until the afternoon, at least, to get it as I'm in Sweden so don't complain too much

# 188 99centChickenSammich @ 09/25/12 12:19 AM
Man, it never fails.

2k reveals something new, here's the reaction:

# 189 phenom2311 @ 09/25/12 12:20 AM
Why are the shoes so big, clunky, and low-def? And why is every player still wearing oversized jersey's? Other than that, the new controls seems like they will be an improvement.

# 190 Tybudd @ 09/25/12 12:26 AM
Wow, as soon as I seen Larmarcus Start off the Video dunking on somebody I loved this, Go Blazers Association!!

# 191 Iballout @ 09/25/12 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
WAYYYYYYYY to easy IMO. i guess people crying about the complexity of isomotion resulted in this. Game may play more like streetball
Idk man. Last year 2k12 was soo easy for me, it was boring. This seems a bit harder to do than last year I like it.

# 192 Tybudd @ 09/25/12 12:29 AM
News Flash all 2k gamers don't have an X-box, make these things more universal

# 193 KyotoCarl @ 09/25/12 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
News Flash all 2k gamers don't have an X-box, make these things more universal
They've always done it like this. They'd have to do one for PS3, one for Wii, one for Wii U, one for PSP to get to all their customers.

You have the same amount of buttons on a PS3 so it's not too hard to look up a 360 config and then understand how it will work on PS3.

Even I, who hasn't had a PS since 96, knows how that consoles buttons are. You can always do the research by yourself.

# 194 Vni @ 09/25/12 12:37 AM
Only ever had a xbox but who doesn't know that A is X on ps3, LT is L2 and Y is triangle?

# 195 Julion07 @ 09/25/12 12:50 AM
Play the game first guys before you start crying.

# 196 lv2bll @ 09/25/12 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julion07
Play the game first guys before you start crying.
That isn't how it is anymore, maybe back in 05 people did that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

# 197 99centChickenSammich @ 09/25/12 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie
Lol bradley beal is missing his tattoos smh @ 2k's art team. I cant. And in the all star trailer Neither of the morris brothers have theirs. So id assume none of the rookies or second year players have theres. 2K fire your S#$%&y art team!

# 198 lv2bll @ 09/25/12 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie
2K fire your S#$%&y art team!
Its not that big of a deal got you to say that. That's like saying fire the mailman cause he put my mail in the wrong box.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

# 199 scottyp180 @ 09/25/12 01:03 AM
I don't understand why people are complaining that controls are too easy. The controls are pretty similar to last year just mapped a little bit different and in terms of using dual sticks for player movment it make sense. why should the game control be hard or complex to master if there's an easier way to do the moves that also makes sense. Basketball, like any sport, has a lot to do with quick reactions; I don't want to have to think about how to perform a certain move nor should it take awhile to do a certain move. Not to mention that this is just the basic moves. There is definitely more moves that can be performed jus look a the move derrick rose did in the first development video.

It is also a control video of course it's going to look like the offense is unstoppable. Problems such as spin dunks may have been addressed lets just wait to see how the collision physics work ou as well as defense. The demo tomorrow should hopefully answer most questions an concerns about this game.

# 200 Sidion @ 09/25/12 01:03 AM
I'm excited for this game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.