Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Just in time for the NBA 2K13 demo, which arrives tomorrow. Check out the controls trailer.

Gameplay Producer, Mike Wang (Beluba) has chimed in with the following update (Post #24).

Quote:
just fyi... some of the controls are incorrect in this trailer:

Bounce Pass = LT+A
Behind the Back = RS away from hoop

As for shots, the trailer just shows how to execute some of the new shots with the face buttons. Shot Stick controls are completely different. For example:

Hop Step Layup = LT+Double Tap RS left or right
Euro Step Layup = LT+Throw RS one way then back the other

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 letsbefrank @ 09/24/12 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
WAYYYYYYYY to easy IMO. i guess people crying about the complexity of isomotion resulted in this. Game may play more like streetball
Wait with the addition of the 'Ankle Breaker' sig skill the over simplicity of the moves cheese will run rampid in 2k13

# 22 cmebfresh @ 09/24/12 07:05 PM
I GOD I HOPE TOO SHORT IS ON THE PLAYLIST

# 23 Beluba @ 09/24/12 07:06 PM
Bounce Pass = LT+A

As for shots, the trailer just shows how to execute some of the new shots with the face buttons. Shot Stick controls are completely different. For example:

# 24 letsbefrank @ 09/24/12 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
I GOD I HOPE TOO SHORT IS ON THE PLAYLIST
They released the playlist for 2k already and that song is in there.

# 25 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 09/24/12 07:06 PM
How easy they are won't matter as long as they can be countered. If they can, any complaining will be admitting your game ain't nice. LOL

# 26 MrBigShot1 @ 09/24/12 07:06 PM
The new jumpshot animations look great. Especially the rip-over J. The controls appear to be easy, but it also seems easy to mix them up...it will take some practicing before I learn not to do a stepback instead of a hopstep. I bet many people will get use the eurostep instead of the spin layup at first, since you need to double tap for both(albeit different buttons.)

Remember everybody, it's not just about the difficulty of the controls...its what you do with them. Someone who masters isomotions in practice mode wont be able to do anything if they don't recognize which situations to use each move in.

# 27 Paul Pierce_OS @ 09/24/12 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
WAYYYYYYYY to easy IMO. i guess people crying about the complexity of isomotion resulted in this. Game may play more like streetball
How do you know that these cannot be stopped with defensive counters? For all we know they could have maxed dribbling and Offensive Awareness for the Animations to look better. Wait until the game comes out to judge the gameplay.

# 28 VDusen04 @ 09/24/12 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Bounce Pass = LT+A

I am intrigued by the Euro-Step control. In my mind, it seems as if it'd flow very naturally.

# 29 mymannemcee @ 09/24/12 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsbefrank
Wait with the addition of the 'Ankle Breaker' sig skill the over simplicity of the moves cheese will run rampid in 2k13
Let's keep in mind that they're showing the players with probably the highest isomotion skill, as well as a few with the Ankle Breaker signature skill. Hopefully this perception of ease stays within these players and doesn't give Nikolai Pekovic the ability to do a behind the back. Ha!

# 30 shadio5 @ 09/24/12 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Exactly

Give me a break man, im sick and tired of people coming here complaining with Zero merits.

i warned everyone about this. Watch as history never lies........

reguardless, i wont play anyone other than my closest baskeball friends in this game because only WE know how to play this game. No outsiders are allowed..

spin spin, cross, cross, B, A.....start...lol what ever.

i can hear distant future cries right now. I wonder who will be the first on this board

VC/2k sports fan

# 31 23 @ 09/24/12 07:08 PM
Quote:
Bounce Pass = LT+A

Care to start your own thread and Ill sticky?

# 32 iLLosophy @ 09/24/12 07:08 PM
You guys complaining, I didn't see any of these moves actually getting their defender unrealistically out of position. In fact Jrue looked like he was struggling to get open from George Hill....

# 33 letsbefrank @ 09/24/12 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymannemcee
Let's keep in mind that they're showing the players with probably the highest isomotion skill, as well as a few with the Ankle Breaker signature skill. Hopefully this perception of ease stays within these players and doesn't give Nikolai Pekovic the ability to do a behind the back. Ha!
Yeah so true plus its a trailer so they want to show off the besttt of the game.

# 34 yungsta404 @ 09/24/12 07:09 PM
spin dunk cheese will make a return. *sigh* and from the vids I watch i know the spin move will be HEAVY abused.

# 35 Playboy™ @ 09/24/12 07:09 PM
Are the xbox controls da same like ps3 ? I ask since I have a ps3

# 36 VDusen04 @ 09/24/12 07:09 PM
One of my favorite things about that video was Jordan's slight grab of the rim on his one handed dunk. It made the flush look much more realistic and it even appeared his body reacted to the slight pull that'd occur on such a brief rim grab.

# 37 23 @ 09/24/12 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
You guys complaining, I didn't see any of these moves actually getting their defender unrealistically out of position. In fact Jrue looked like he was struggling to get open a bit....from George Hill....

No man they just want to complain

How the heck do you show off a controls trailer with a defender all in your grill not letting you move?

Just enjoy the video and pipe down on the whining all the freaking time

I get sick of this baby stuff man

# 38 CallMeDrop @ 09/24/12 07:10 PM
Quote:
Bounce Pass = LT+A

Thanks...are there still size up moves?

# 39 iLLosophy @ 09/24/12 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
One of my favorite things about that video was Jordan's slight grab of the rim on his one handed dunk. It made the flush look much more realistic and it even appeared his body reacted to the slight pull that'd occur on such a brief rim grab.
Didn't notice it until you said something. But yeah I remember they talked about that in the animations Dev video. Very nice touch

# 40 Steve_OS @ 09/24/12 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Care to start your own thread and Ill sticky?
I'll update OP, unless Mike wants to create a new thread.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.