Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Just in time for the NBA 2K13 demo, which arrives tomorrow. Check out the controls trailer.

Gameplay Producer, Mike Wang (Beluba) has chimed in with the following update (Post #24).

Quote:
just fyi... some of the controls are incorrect in this trailer:

Bounce Pass = LT+A
Behind the Back = RS away from hoop

As for shots, the trailer just shows how to execute some of the new shots with the face buttons. Shot Stick controls are completely different. For example:

Hop Step Layup = LT+Double Tap RS left or right
Euro Step Layup = LT+Throw RS one way then back the other

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 sprayfan @ 09/24/12 10:20 PM
I hope these controls have some type of balance.
For, example you cannot get past the HOF defense on NBA 2K12.
I went back and played NBA 2K11 and all you have to do is two moves and you have a free lane to the rim.

# 162 blues rocker @ 09/24/12 10:20 PM
i think i'm going to stay away from these forums for a couple of months...soak up the game, see what issues appear to be chronic, then come back with an objective opinion. there's going to be too much emotion, accusations, and ganging up right around release. it's the same every year - people who complain are labeled whiners and people who defend are labeled apologists. then after a few months everybody meets somewhere in the middle. might as well just skip the confrontational period and come back when the dust has settled - wait until the issues are undeniable and the evidence is clear and abundant.

# 163 AllStarDaDon @ 09/24/12 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Was there a Euro-step attribute in 2K12? Is there going to be one in 2K13? Don't want to see this move too much, it's not THAT common in real life. Don't want everyone to do it like that.
I agree with you.

But it's not that hard to pull off in real life. I even seen Carmelo Anthony do it before, the move doesn't take a athletic bone in the body to do.

But then again the only players I seen do it in the NBA consistently is Manu, James Harden, Tyreke Evans, Rondo and D-Wade. Since I try to emulate NBA ball to the best I can those are the only players I do the move with.

# 164 bm011 @ 09/24/12 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Was there a Euro-step attribute in 2K12? Is there going to be one in 2K13? Don't want to see this move too much, it's not THAT common in real life. Don't want everyone to do it like that.
The Euro-step was a skill. Some people were poor, average, good, or great at it. It it also happens at a fair rate in real life.

# 165 youvalss @ 09/24/12 10:26 PM
Was there any scenario where a player that wasn't good at that tried to do it and travelled?

# 166 Nexgenrulz @ 09/24/12 10:26 PM
So is the shot stick gone? I hope not.

# 167 youvalss @ 09/24/12 10:27 PM
It's still there, as far as I know. But you can always use a button instead.

# 168 Rawdeal28 @ 09/24/12 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
If behind the back is RS away from the hoop, then how do we do step backs?
LS away from the hoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i think i'm going to stay away from these forums for a couple of months...soak up the game, see what issues appear to be chronic, then come back with an objective opinion. there's going to be too much emotion, accusations, and ganging up right around release. best to stay away until the issues are obvious and the evidence is clear.
i may do the same thing.

# 169 Rawdeal28 @ 09/24/12 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgenrulz
So is the shot stick gone? I hope not.
hold LT OR L2 and then the Right stick becomes the shot stick.

# 170 barimanlhs @ 09/24/12 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Looks fantastic. And I love the shot buttons... I've always preferred button shooting over shot stick. Can't wait to try this out tomorrow.
Ive always been the opposite but ill give it a try. I wonder if it will be possible to do some of those moves with the shot stick? The only issue I possible see my self fumbling with is the right stick dribbling and then button inputs, again with the right hand. To me at least it isnt as smooth as the L2 (LT) modifier to shoot.

Im going to try them both for sure

# 171 jersez @ 09/24/12 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
LS away from the hoop.
So the left stick does isomotion moves? Mike said Rs away from the hoop you will do a behind the back dribble. So how are two moves mapped to the same input? I'm confused.

# 172 The 24th Letter @ 09/24/12 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i think i'm going to stay away from these forums for a couple of months...soak up the game, see what issues appear to be chronic, then come back with an objective opinion. there's going to be too much emotion, accusations, and ganging up right around release. it's the same every year - people who complain are labeled whiners and people who defend are labeled apologists. then after a few months everybody meets somewhere in the middle. might as well just skip the confrontational period and come back when the dust has settled - wait until the issues are undeniable and the evidence is clear and abundant.
So what if I took what you said right here and posted...

"Blues is saying he's never going to post again and hates everyone in the 2k forum..."

is that jumping the gun just a little? Lol

That's all I was saying.

# 173 La Verite @ 09/24/12 10:40 PM
Crossovers are finally simple. Thank you!

# 174 Rawdeal28 @ 09/24/12 10:42 PM
Quote:
So the left stick does isomotion moves? Mike said Rs away from the hoop you will do a behind the back dribble. So how are two moves mapped to the same input? I'm confused.
there is no isomotion. Left Stick only does the step back move.

# 175 BluFu @ 09/24/12 10:44 PM
Quote:
its like this. you move your guy with the LS right? if you move him forward and let go of the LS he will stop. If you move him forward and then move the LS back, he will be stepping back no?

# 176 actuallybrown @ 09/24/12 10:53 PM
Here's hoping sim players live up to their names and don't go trying to cross up every single player in the game with every other player in the game. It sounds like some modes will reward fundamentals.

# 177 jersez @ 09/24/12 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
its like this. you move your guy with the LS right? if you move him forward and let go of the LS he will stop. If you move him forward and then move the LS back, he will be stepping back no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
there is no isomotion. Left Stick only does the step back move.
Nevermind I just saw it. My fault fellas.

# 178 T3Y FR3SH757 @ 09/24/12 11:05 PM
No more shot stick???? smh , its gonna feel like playing NBA Live with 2k gameplay

# 179 Vni @ 09/24/12 11:13 PM
Will we get a written version of the new controls?

# 180 KyotoCarl @ 09/24/12 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3Y FR3SH757
No more shot stick???? smh , its gonna feel like playing NBA Live with 2k gameplay
Hold LT and you can use the RS as the shot stick.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.