Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 demo is available now on the Marketplace for Xbox Live "GOLD" members (available next week for Silver). Most are getting it by searching for "2K13" or going to Genre ---> Sports and Recreation. You can also queue it up right here.

The PS3 demo arrives later this afternoon, we'll update this post when it's available.

UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now. If you don't see it, search for it.

The new controls take a little while to get used to, so make sure you check out the Controls trailer, we posted yesterday.

NBA 2K13 Demo Features:
  • Oklahoma City Thunder at Miami Heat
  • 1 Five minute quarter
  • Quick Game and Online Quick Match. Can't invite friends, just random.
  • Can't change sliders, camera view, make substitutions or call plays
  • No commentary
  • Kinect enabled
  • 943 MB
Play a game or 2 and post your impressions here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 redsrule @ 09/25/12 07:22 AM
Yeah, the demo hates me. Try to go to single player- freezes. Try to play online-endlessly says searching/freezes.

# 22 iLLosophy @ 09/25/12 07:23 AM
Defensive controls are much less forgiving than it was in 2k12. Much much more realistic

# 23 Vni @ 09/25/12 07:26 AM
Defense is gona be fun again, and blocks are back. I don't like how it feels assisted somehow. I hope it is just the defensive assist strenght slider that's too high.

# 24 Biagas @ 09/25/12 07:27 AM
lol battier lock down defender

# 25 redsrule @ 09/25/12 07:28 AM
and now it says the disc is unreadable? **** this ****... my xbox is crappy or something for the demo to consistently fail...

# 26 DonWuan @ 09/25/12 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biagas
lol battier lock down defender
You dont think Battier is a lock down defender?

# 27 jaosming @ 09/25/12 07:30 AM
Offline Video (will edit later with Online one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXXDONhPWU

Haven't been feelin' the new controls, so I'm about to grind until I like them.
Had Perkins dribble the ball up the court, as seen in the video, other minor issues.
It feels more responsive, but IMO, freestyle is still more 1:1, this is better than "traditional" isomotion....just going to need to get used to it.
I hate holding LT for shooting, but then again I had the lack of control with the X button. I'm sure I'll find happiness somewhere....
Overall though, there is good gameplay here.

Onlineness

I really think it is RIP shot stick for me....I can't get used to that switch

# 28 Vni @ 09/25/12 07:32 AM
AI is pretty smart, taking mid range jumper on the break if open, or snaps a 3 if you give too much space.

They added shadows on players jerseys it looks way better. But the game doesn't look really clean, I also have mini freezes like 1/10 of a second long. Cut scenes aren't really smooth either.

# 29 Da_Czar @ 09/25/12 07:36 AM
What's good family. If no one is engaged in the post the pick and roll appears to work. Hold the LB and and someone will come with the screen 80-90% of the time it looks like unless your below the FT line and man posting is heavily engaged.

To Switch your foot position on defense hold the left trigger and tap left or right on the Right stick. after mroe play in different areas it does appear to be basket relative.

# 30 Da_Czar @ 09/25/12 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Do they stack?
The devs told me they do NOT stack

# 31 djwax90 @ 09/25/12 07:37 AM
PERRY JONES FOR III

# 32 Vni @ 09/25/12 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
What's good family. If no one is engaged in the post the pick and roll appears to work. Hold the LB and and someone will come with the screen 80-90% of the time it looks like unless your below the FT line and man posting is heavily engaged.

To Switch your foot position on defense hold the left trigger and tap left or right on the Right stick. IT seems to be absolute rather than camera relative.
Hey thanks czar. Do you know how to hold the ball away from the defender when in tripple threat? I can't do this.

# 33 Goffs @ 09/25/12 07:40 AM
I need absolute controls for the control stick!

SHOT BLOCKING IS BACK! I drove by Chalmers with Westbrook with ease (ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING THAT YOU CAN BEAT A GUY OF THE DRIBBLE NOW) and Battier out of no where blocked the shot and sent the ball to the stands!

Lots of fouls being called as well!

# 34 Johnson Barnes @ 09/25/12 07:41 AM
Just got matched up to play Ipodcarter on 2k13. lol

# 35 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/25/12 07:41 AM
loving all the kanye songs on the soundtrack

# 36 TheGhost215 @ 09/25/12 07:41 AM
OMG at the crossover D-Wade just hit KD with that had him staring at the lights...I'm in love with this game already, BTW they might wanna tone down the self oops just a tad lol

# 37 Guy Georges @ 09/25/12 07:42 AM
I luv this game ... rly ... but i ve just seen 3 self oops in a 5min qrt
we gotta start a petition to have this stuff removed seriously :/ seeing such a beautiful sim ball game becoming nba jam during 5 seconds sucks imo

luv the new controls but i suck at it ^^

# 38 Permatron @ 09/25/12 07:42 AM
How's the speed differential between obvious fast and slow players in the Half Court and Fast Break? Like what Im seeing so far.

# 39 mymannemcee @ 09/25/12 07:44 AM
Ran two games. Defense is truly unforgivable on here, and I love it! Took KD on for some intense battles...he won a few of them, but on ball defense feels incredible.

It's gonna take a while for me to master this iso stick.

# 40 Vni @ 09/25/12 07:44 AM
I will say that the players faces quality have really decreased. It's almost like their skin texture is low definition.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.