Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 demo is available now on the Marketplace for Xbox Live "GOLD" members (available next week for Silver). Most are getting it by searching for "2K13" or going to Genre ---> Sports and Recreation. You can also queue it up right here.

The PS3 demo arrives later this afternoon, we'll update this post when it's available.

UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now. If you don't see it, search for it.

The new controls take a little while to get used to, so make sure you check out the Controls trailer, we posted yesterday.

NBA 2K13 Demo Features:
  • Oklahoma City Thunder at Miami Heat
  • 1 Five minute quarter
  • Quick Game and Online Quick Match. Can't invite friends, just random.
  • Can't change sliders, camera view, make substitutions or call plays
  • No commentary
  • Kinect enabled
  • 943 MB
Play a game or 2 and post your impressions here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Pared @ 09/25/12 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
What's good family. If no one is engaged in the post the pick and roll appears to work. Hold the LB and and someone will come with the screen 80-90% of the time it looks like unless your below the FT line and man posting is heavily engaged.

To Switch your foot position on defense hold the left trigger and tap left or right on the Right stick. after mroe play in different areas it does appear to be basket relative.
You sure it isn't LT?

Edit - Seems both work.

# 42 Guy Georges @ 09/25/12 07:45 AM
wheres the pass fake again plz? :/

# 43 Drewski @ 09/25/12 07:45 AM
Defensive positioning is everything. If you leave a lane open you will pay. Wow. This is crazy, very glad I have a week to get my controls down. Defense matters!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 44 mymannemcee @ 09/25/12 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Can I say I love the computer?

They actually look to create space for a shot...then they chuck like they have no regard for human life. I'm getting absolutely demoslished by D-Wade right now on all those stepback mid-ranges.

Loving it
I was getting DESTROYED by the Thunder P&R.

Westbrook took that advantage every single time. When I cut him off, immediate pass to Ibaka who seemed to chuck up midranges frequently, or KD, where I would bump him intensely and fight for him to put that shot up. Great contact in here.

Also glad to see fouls are called on obvious jumps. KD bit on my shots from LeBron twice and I was floored. Very nice to see.

# 45 8and9 @ 09/25/12 07:48 AM
A week off of work for the demo?

# 46 The 24th Letter @ 09/25/12 07:49 AM
Has the speed of offensive moves/ defensive reaction been evened out as far as you guys are seeing?

I was happy to see Bron stay in front of KD on that pull up in the video above

# 47 Vni @ 09/25/12 07:50 AM
Do we know what build is this?

Speed looks fixed to me, passing is better and AI doesn't hesitate to double team.

# 48 davis420 @ 09/25/12 07:50 AM
2 games so far offline and I can say so far this game is the best basketball game I have played.I know it's the demo and give the full game about 2 weeks of being out and I'm sure we will know more but this game just plays great!

# 49 RayDog253 @ 09/25/12 07:51 AM
haha.... Kendrick Perkins just got called for traveling trying to do a offensive move. I think he jab stepped then spun.

Liking the feel of the game so far. Can't get used to this camera though.
On ball Defense feels real good and responsive.
The contact in the paint looks nice.
Speed feels improved.
Still trying to get used to these controls, so far just been getting my AND 1 on. standing in one spot dribbling.

I'm liking it, but I definitely need more time with it.

# 50 Tomba @ 09/25/12 07:51 AM
The menus are ugly...
I LOVE HIP HOP but man this should be a tv style presentation game not a concert. The overlays are just non sports related. This I bet is due to the Jay Z influence which for me I think has hurt the image of the series...AND it's confirmed with this demo.

Gameplay is since I NEVER play on default is just as bad as last years retail.

Graphically the players and court look NO different to me

I already miss NBA 2k12 where you at VTCRB!

# 51 Tpaskavich @ 09/25/12 07:53 AM
OMG, my gold ran out last night and gamestop don't ope for another hour, and some dude said if you have silver you can't get it till next week is that true, cause i found the demo but no way to download it just says see full game

# 52 grunHD @ 09/25/12 07:53 AM
I played about 7 offline games and 4 online games.

Impression from the offline games: Wow, i'm impressed. The gameplay and the animations are much improved! From simple things like dribbling the ball up the court (seeing the player direct/call out a play is pretty awesome) to the plethora of new contact and dribbling animations.

The new control stick and controls in general felt a little weird at first (and still sort of do) but i'm starting to get used to them more and really like them. I feel like i have a lot more control, which is great.

As for the online, i had a very smooth experience playing some matches vs people. The only sign of lag i had was at the jump ball (neither of us could jump for it, so it was re-jumped and everything was fine). I expect that this could vary depending on your connection/your opponents connection but i have to say i was impressed on how smooth it felt online.

Overall things look great and felt great. I will continue to play the demo and maybe make another post here later with further thoughts.

edit: one thing i forgot about is that some of the players and in particular their faces/accessories seemed a bit off... but other than that things looked good.

# 53 Trini94 @ 09/25/12 07:53 AM
Dudes is already taking this game to seriously to win, some dude lagged my free throw with Battier and made me go 1 for 2 then ran up the court with Harden and made a half court 3 smh

# 54 ffaacc03 @ 09/25/12 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
Offline Video (will edit later with Online one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXXDONhPWU

Haven't been feelin' the new controls, so I'm about to grind until I like them.
Had Perkins dribble the ball up the court, as seen in the video, other minor issues.
It feels more responsive, but IMO, freestyle is still more 1:1, this is better than "traditional" isomotion....just going to need to get used to it.
I hate holding LT for shooting, but then again I had the lack of control with the X button. I'm sure I'll find happiness somewhere....
Overall though, there is good gameplay here.

Really liking how agressive and smart the AI seems to play on the Offensive side ... loved how Westbrook didnt hesitate while running the fastbrake ... also am excited to see the beautifull AI ball movement.

Then again, the spin dunk seems overpowered, thus I havent played the demo or game so I would hold my thought until then ... also, the AI shooting %s seem to be pretty high, thus the D on many shots could have been better ... finally, we would have to see the extend and impact of the sig skills within gameplay.

Overall: besides little things here and there, 2k13 seems fantastic on the court !

# 55 Vni @ 09/25/12 08:00 AM
Smooth and fluid. Hum. I will say that this build needs polishing but maybe that's just me.

# 56 iLLosophy @ 09/25/12 08:07 AM
I have no idea how i did this as I haven't been able to do it again lol

# 57 djwax90 @ 09/25/12 08:08 AM
Good lord these new controls are killing me. Never played an NBA game with dribble stick controls like this. I feel like I'm 3 years old all over again haha, it's gonna take a while for me to get as good at 2K13 as I was at 2K12.

# 58 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/25/12 08:10 AM
this was my first game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgb0ovRj4sk

LeBron James Cheese Dunks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyXDt57tYs

Dwyane Wade Bounce Pass To Chris Bosh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM5cA_tUQyM

Bounce Pass Fastbreak (Online)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdJ3gv1947g

# 59 RayDog253 @ 09/25/12 08:10 AM
Im not really feeling the graphics right now. They seem to have taken a step backwards. But I guess you gotta give to get (more/smoother animations). Also the menu's and graphic overlays aren't that great either.

But gameplay wise I'm loving what I'm seeing. No complaints so far after about 6 qtrs of play. Shot blocking is crazy, had a drive for a layup that got blocked from behind off the rim. that was nice to see. The momentum seems real good. Had a couple of instances were my momentum took me out of bounds.

Ai and off ball movement seem real good. I leave Thabo to try and double Westbrook and Thabo finds his way to the rim for the easy 2.

# 60 mymannemcee @ 09/25/12 08:12 AM
Next game, I absolutely demolished!

I started to see Ibaka and Perkins were VERY abusive and uppity on defense, so I fed Bosh a lot and took Perkins on the dribble. Couldn't catch up to the post moves.

CPU kept using the P&R and ran through Westbrook and Durant. I learned to go under their P&R every time so they had to pass out to their star, which I wanted. I know I can take Durant one on one.

Once I showed my defensive prowess, my offense flourished. It was very nice.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.