Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 demo is available now on the Marketplace for Xbox Live "GOLD" members (available next week for Silver). Most are getting it by searching for "2K13" or going to Genre ---> Sports and Recreation. You can also queue it up right here.

The PS3 demo arrives later this afternoon, we'll update this post when it's available.

UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now. If you don't see it, search for it.

The new controls take a little while to get used to, so make sure you check out the Controls trailer, we posted yesterday.

NBA 2K13 Demo Features:
  • Oklahoma City Thunder at Miami Heat
  • 1 Five minute quarter
  • Quick Game and Online Quick Match. Can't invite friends, just random.
  • Can't change sliders, camera view, make substitutions or call plays
  • No commentary
  • Kinect enabled
  • 943 MB
Play a game or 2 and post your impressions here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 DW3 @ 09/25/12 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I played about a quarter this morning before work, and while it's a big improvement from last year, I was a little disappointed with the responsiveness of the right stick on the dribble. Does it seem a little laggy to anyone else or was it just me? I kept trying to quickly dribble left and right from a stand still position, and it just felt like the actual dribble move was always a split second behind my input. Can't wait to get more time in this evening though.
Nope I feel the same way, still feels clunky in my opinion

# 122 kjjnesb @ 09/25/12 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang

post up moves were used with the stick in 2k12
I meant like everything else it feels much more fluid and natural less jerky

# 123 Gatorfan Frank @ 09/25/12 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Signature skills for heat players that I can get to sub in the game

LOL at Haslem being a Defensive Anchor. As a Gators fan, I love Haslem, but come on.

# 124 erickonasis @ 09/25/12 09:38 AM
asked before but didnt get an answer ...anyone know if you can switch back to 2k12 controls in the full game?

# 125 jersez @ 09/25/12 09:39 AM
Also right stick and dribbling in general is amazing, can't wait to learn all the moves and create some new combos.

# 126 Kprodigy1 @ 09/25/12 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
and now it says the disc is unreadable? **** this ****... my xbox is crappy or something for the demo to consistently fail...
LOL..Disc unreadable its a demo WTF??

# 127 jlbrown143 @ 09/25/12 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming

...aaaaand missed layup
I hope those imaginary boundaries are being addressed because wade didn't even touch him going by him....WTF...lol

# 128 Goffs @ 09/25/12 09:45 AM
I want to know if we have absolute controls for the R-stick? Right now all I kept doing was the hesitation dribble and its annoying when you're trying to drive...

# 129 kjjnesb @ 09/25/12 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrown143
I hope those imaginary boundaries are being addressed because wade didn't even touch him going by him....WTF...lol
He flopped dude you can do it too by pressing B or Circle twice

# 130 Vni @ 09/25/12 09:45 AM
Quote:

I think the AI tryed to flop.

# 131 Goffs @ 09/25/12 09:46 AM
Quote:
You can do the same with the flop button ad it's nice to see the CPU do it...

# 132 Vni @ 09/25/12 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
God I'm loving how quick the escape dribbles are now (B+ Right Stick in any direction)!
Thanks. Any help on doing the behind the back? I can't pull it off. Well I do sometimes but I'am not sure.

# 133 MiMs277 @ 09/25/12 09:47 AM
I was in a party chat with dCoopson and Luk (featured in those Chris Smoove videos) for this one. Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/IC1ql8PISyU

# 134 VDusen04 @ 09/25/12 09:47 AM
A few other notes I forgot:

1. Last year against the computer, whenever the user gained a lead of about 12 or more points, the computer would pressure full court and it was so easy for the ballhandler to sprint past the defender in the backcourt that the user had to make themselves not take advantage of it (unless they wanted to fast break dunk on every play for the rest of the game).

This year, at least in the one instance I've experienced, I gained a double digit lead against the computer and they again picked up full court, but they were much more vigilant in their defense. I tried to sprint past James Harden in the backcourt with LeBron James and I was able to lose him temporarily, but Harden could recover enough to prevent me from running uncontested to the hoop from 75 feet away.

2. I think I'm still seeing more up-and-unders than I'd prefer. I don't think it's as many as last year, but it still seems to be much more than we'd ever see in real life.

3. It's much harder to pass out of a layup or dunk animation. This forces players to think about the moves they're making. There were a few times where I caught myself attacking the rim mindlessly, thinking, "Well, if the defense is in position, I'll just pass out of the layup." However, players seem much more locked in to their layup decisions. I think this is a good thing.

4. Shot blockers seem much more vulnerable to body contact. I think there was a little bit of free reign last year, where jumping defenders were a little impervious to absorbing contact of those around them. There were a few instances where I thought I was in the clear for a blocked shot, but I then hit someone's body wrong en route, thus not allowing my defender (Battier in this case) to sky through for a block.

5. Russell Westbrook (computer) had two floaters against me that felt very right. Right time, no warping, no shooting through hands. As a defender, I thought I was going to be able to contest Westbrook on a drive, but I was powerless when he decided to put up a float piece.

6. I'm still not liking how many right foot jumps I'm seeing from right handed jumpers and dunkers. I believe it was 2K10 that first implemented strong-handedness, right? So most players would do what they could to jump off their strong foot and dunk with their strong hand? Very early on, it feels like I'm seeing less of that. Dwyane Wade and LeBron James both seem to be jumping off their right foot a lot on dunks, three or four times combined thus far. It's noticeable because instead of certain dunks coming into play (due to their approach angle and strong handedness) I'm just seeing mirrors of what'd happen on the other side of the hoop and it doesn't feel as life like.

7. Another nice touch, as I was posting with Chris Bosh, the computer defender hit the deck and tried to flop. Last year, it seemed if a defender went down like that in the post, it was going to be an automatic offensive foul. In this instance, it was a blocking call.

# 135 Antonioshellz @ 09/25/12 09:48 AM
You can do the escape pullups by double tapping the shot stick in either direction

# 136 lv2bll @ 09/25/12 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I want to know if we have absolute controls for the R-stick? Right now all I kept doing was the hesitation dribble and its annoying when you're trying to drive...
Same thing with me, if i flick left i would rather the ball go left than stutter stepping cause my players at the to of the key.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

# 137 Drewski @ 09/25/12 09:49 AM
Quote:
It was a flop attempt.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 138 Pared @ 09/25/12 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonioshellz
You can do the escape pullups by double tapping the shot stick in either direction
Yes - you can do everything with either double taps, tap and holds, and spins on the stick while holding LT.

You guys should experiment a bit more.

# 139 kjjnesb @ 09/25/12 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
A few other notes I forgot:

5. Russell Westbrook (computer) had two floaters against me that felt very right. Right time, no warping, no shooting through hands. As a defender, I thought I was going to be able to contest Westbrook on a drive, but I was powerless when he decided to put up a float piece.
I'm loving the CPU floaters as well Norris Cole did that to me a couple of times too and it didn't feel cheap at all and I love how it makes me thing twice on D when the CPU drives lol

# 140 Goffs @ 09/25/12 09:52 AM
That Wooohoooo guy from the crowd is back

I'm glad he only makes an appearance in the demos....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.