Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Quote:
Learn all about shoes in NBA 2K13 in the latest Developer Video, including visual improvements, more brands available and the customizable Shoe Creator.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 svit @ 09/27/12 11:13 AM
Oh... gosh... now we have shoes developer insight...

What about Playcall System, Online Association and Online modes ?

Who gives a f**** about shoes.

# 2 LD2k @ 09/27/12 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by svit
Ummm... OS.

# 3 VogueMraz @ 09/27/12 11:15 AM
that's it i'm sold, like kenny said, It's over ladies and gentleman it's over. I'm effin buyin

# 4 domidomdomz @ 09/27/12 11:17 AM
Question, for example I created a shoe, assigned it to Kobe and saved my roster file and shared it in 2K Share. Will that shoe which I created still be seen with Kobe to those who would download and use my roster file?

# 5 JerzeyReign @ 09/27/12 11:17 AM
As a former sneaker head I'm actually interested in this. Hopefully the community can come up with some kicks that I'll order in real life

# 6 blackcaliber2k9 @ 09/27/12 11:17 AM
Loving 2K13 more and more. Also... patent leather laces

# 7 deetoman @ 09/27/12 11:19 AM
If only they can put this much detail in their create a player & team....

# 8 tcnumba10 @ 09/27/12 11:19 AM
I hope 2K Insider makes sure each player has a shoe brand and for those shoe brands that are not in the game please make a generic one that at least looks half way decent!

# 9 dirtydizzle @ 09/27/12 11:20 AM
So goood !!!!!!! I love this ! color ways on shows may be correct now .. if not this is like a side game to make the shoes correct !!!

what ever team I run with there shoes will be nice!

# 10 VDusen04 @ 09/27/12 11:20 AM
The Create-a-Shoe should be a fun little toy, particularly for My Player. A small thing that'd be cool for the future - being able to create "editions" of your custom shoe in MyPlayer; new versions each year with the previous make being archived and usable. Still pretty awesome as is though.

I also got a sneak peek at the shoe selection this year and it looks deep. And seeing some Penny's in there warmed my heart.

# 11 23 @ 09/27/12 11:25 AM
Quote:

Obviously there is an interest if they spent time on this to go this far in depth

Michael Jordan has been retired since 1998 and still sell shoes well over $100

Its obvious that you are either being a troll or you are oblivious to the world around you.

# 12 svit @ 09/27/12 11:27 AM
Don't get me wrong. It's nice to have addition like Shoe creation but here are several reasons why I don't like:
- who will own shoe design rights? Creator, 2K or Nike/Converse/Adidas?
- as strictly on-line player I would like to know more about this year on-line modes. OK we get info about MyCarrer and a bunch of social apps (none related to actual game), but we get no info about classic on-line leagues, OA, quick matches, custom sliders, draft rookie classes, playbooks in quick matches. ..
- we didn't get any info about playcalling system. Is it broken like in 2k12? What about assigning plays to player? Is the same like 2k12, which was in my opinion a step backward comparing to 2k11. How is executing a play implemented in 2k13...
- we didn't get any info about defense strategies? Are they stayed the same as in 2k12?

I hope that next insight will be about creating our own Cribb in 2k12...

# 13 Wildcats302 @ 09/27/12 11:28 AM
Quote:

I have to agree in less vulgar terms. I am an association guy and it is absurd that a shoe insight comes out but no association insight is coming video wise but we "may" get a written one. MAY

I get we have shoe junkies on here but if you are going to tell me that shoes are more important and popular than association then I have to respectfully disagree. Shoes are part of association, myplayer, etc, but not a MAIN focal point of the main game.

That said, looks cool for what it is, just do not see it ranking ahead of association in terms of what is important but 2K disagrees obviously so I bow to their knowledge/marketing in this instance I guess as their game rocks.

# 14 23 @ 09/27/12 11:30 AM
Quote:
Don't get me wrong. It's nice to have addition like Shoe creation but here are several reasons why I don't like:
- who will own shoe design rights? Creator, 2K or Nike/Converse/Adidas?
- as strictly on-line player I would like to know more about this year on-line modes. OK we get info about MyCarrer and a bunch of social apps (none related to actual game), but we get no info about classic on-line leagues, OA, quick matches, custom sliders, draft classes...
- we didn't get any info about playcalling system. Is it broken like in 2k12?

I hope that next insight will be about creating our own Cribb in 2k12...

You don't get it do you?

You're in the wrong thread posting off topic

Don't come in here ruining this thread talking about online...

From here on out you wont be able to make another one of those posts here because I will personally delete them

# 15 vannwolfhawk @ 09/27/12 11:32 AM
I can't wait to see what Sean Barkley does with this!

# 16 aloncho11 @ 09/27/12 11:33 AM
This is a very fun feature, almost like another game mode within the game

# 17 ronyell @ 09/27/12 11:33 AM
seanbarkley is gonna kill it... & what about that "2k Insider" brief clip... YUCK & BOO!

# 18 Bulls321974 @ 09/27/12 11:33 AM
Great feature! Love it!

# 19 clipperfan811 @ 09/27/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
The Create-a-Shoe should be a fun little toy, particularly for My Player. A small thing that'd be cool for the future - being able to create "editions" of your custom shoe in MyPlayer; new versions each year with the previous make being archived and usable. Still pretty awesome as is though.

I also got a sneak peek at the shoe selection this year and it looks deep. And seeing some Penny's in there warmed my heart.

Even though I don't go crazy for shoes like some, that would be a very nice touch to mycareer. Take notes 2k.

See an insight like this one works much better as a video. Strange as it may seem, this insight has felt the most appropriate for video and therefore might be the one I've most enjoyed. For gameplay stuff I think written insights allow more room to express the ideas behind the changes and implementations.

I like the "push the limits" attitude 2k has taken this year and realize a lot of people don't want to take the time to read but my suggestion for next year is either more balance in the number of written vs video insights or give us the best of both worlds with a written insight which includes a short video to drive home the point.

# 20 poloelite @ 09/27/12 11:36 AM
I may have missed this part, but can you download created shoes on 2k share?

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.