Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Quote:
Learn all about shoes in NBA 2K13 in the latest Developer Video, including visual improvements, more brands available and the customizable Shoe Creator.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 shmitty @ 09/27/12 11:37 AM
I swear, you guys will complain about absolutely ANYTHING...

This looks pretty incredible.

# 22 Wildcats302 @ 09/27/12 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
Even though I don't go crazy for shoes like some, that would be a very nice touch to mycareer. Take notes 2k.

See an insight like this one works much better as a video. Strange as it may seem, this insight has felt the most appropriate for video and therefore might be the one I've most enjoyed. For gameplay stuff I think written insights allow more room to express the ideas behind the changes and implementations.

I like the "push the limits" attitude 2k has taken this year and realize a lot of people don't want to take the time to read but my suggestion for next year is either more balance in the number of written vs video insights or give us the best of both worlds with a written insight which includes a short video to drive home the point.
I agree, this video insight worked well. I agree it looks interesting and should be fun to implement.

# 23 illwill10 @ 09/27/12 11:38 AM
Never was a sneakerhead, but I am intrigued on using this in MyCareer. But, I am still hoping for a writted association insight.

# 24 The 24th Letter @ 09/27/12 11:38 AM
Well I don't care about detail on the online mode of play call system honestly...doesn't mean others don't...

# 25 Bulls321974 @ 09/27/12 11:39 AM
I'd really like to know if one can use the shoe editor within season/franchise mode...

# 26 23 @ 09/27/12 11:40 AM
Thanks Rob!

# 27 kjjnesb @ 09/27/12 11:40 AM
Looks pretty neat I personally prob won't take the time to make more than a handful of shoes myself but I'd be cool to possibly download other peoples creation's to have floating around your game to break up the sameness.

# 28 spankdatazz22 @ 09/27/12 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
That said, looks cool for what it is, just do not see it ranking ahead of association in terms of what is important but 2K disagrees obviously so I bow to their knowledge/marketing in this instance I guess as their game rocks.
Are some of you really going to go there? Getting miffed just because of the order of some of the insights released? I remember last year there were arguments between Online and Offline Association players as to which mode was more important that were laughable. When imo you're talking about a new mode (online) versus a mode that's consistently been one of the best/deepest franchise modes in sports games and wasn't overhauled/probably didn't require massive changes (offline). I think it's a huge stretch to say 2K cares more about shoes than their franchise mode simply because they released a video on shoes before one on association. Or that if there isn't an association insight, that it means the mode went untouched.

On topic, I really like what they've done w/the shoe creator. I'm not as into shoes as some but it looks to be incredibly deep - great job 2K!

# 29 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/27/12 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I can't wait to see what Sean Barkley does with this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
seanbarkley is gonna kill it... & what about that "2k Insider" brief clip... YUCK & BOO!
I was just thinking the same thing. He's going to kill this feature. It's about time they put this back in the game. Can't wait to see what he does with this. Chime in SB.

# 30 23 @ 09/27/12 11:52 AM
To be honest with you, he left off all of the shoes already in the game... that's going to save many of us alot of work because they have a ton of Nike's from long ago, classics and things we've all wanted to see in the game

Penny's
The Glove's
Air Raid's
Barkley's
Foamposites
Air Flight's
Sheed's Air Force 1's

and so much more... I can't believe it!

# 31 Tengo Juego @ 09/27/12 11:56 AM
The one thing I worry about is the selection of the materials and pieces you're given to re-create(which is what I want this feature to be used for more than anything) shoes. From what we saw in the insight, it looks like it's limited to pieces of shoes that are already available in-game, and that makes me feel like this feature goes a short distance in what I hoped from it. I have little to no desire in creating a generic, made-up shoe. Mostly because you're going to be limited to what they offer in pieces from other shoes. And that's just not unique, to me. I was hoping for a more Forza Motorsport styled creator for shoes.

The selection of shoes hasn't really been terribly barren, it's just been dated with each passing season, and very inaccurate due to what some of us assume are licensing issues.

The feature should be great in creating colorways and such, though, for existing kicks. Excited about that.

# 32 seanbarkley @ 09/27/12 11:57 AM
Oh man, oh man, oh man!!

I've seen in the video that, with all the available colors for each layer in the shoe creator, there's also the possibility of primary color and secondary color. Does that mean that we can create shoes that can switch their colors automatically for home and away games????

That's too good to be true...please, can somebody from 2K put some light on this?

# 33 23 @ 09/27/12 12:00 PM
I still don't know until we see if you can add home and away

Unless they changed something Im going to assume its just like Nike ID, which is also still in the game as well

There are a ton of choices either way

# 34 richie923 @ 09/27/12 12:04 PM
I mean if you can make it primary and secondary colors, not sure why it wouldn't be adjusted for home and away.

# 35 King_B_Mack @ 09/27/12 12:06 PM
I must say I walked away from that video impressed. It looked great and the feature seems like it'll be a blast. Tuesday can not get here fast enough man.

I will say this though. With all this focus they say they put into shoes this year, I had better not see this or I'm gonna be highly upset.

Spoiler

# 36 23 @ 09/27/12 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie923
I mean if you can make it primary and secondary colors, not sure why it wouldn't be adjusted for home and away.
It was the same way last year though

I don't think it has much to do with colors as it does what making home/away accessories without screwing up the game programming... seems like there may be an issue with that, but hey what do I know

# 37 seanbarkley @ 09/27/12 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I still don't know until we see if you can add home and away

Unless they changed something Im going to assume its just like Nike ID, which is also still in the game as well

There are a ton of choices either way
What other function could have primary and secondary color then? I mean, if there's a whole color palette available, to me that's the only reason for it to be there.

EDIT: I don't remember that Nike iD had the primary and secondary color feature...

# 38 The Biscuit 07 @ 09/27/12 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
What other function could have primary and secondary color then? I mean, if there's a whole color palette available, to me that's the only reason for it to be there.

EDIT: I don't remember that Nike iD had the primary and secondary color feature...
Just my two cents on this, the primary/secondary could be the color per "piece" of the shoe, with the primary being part of it, and the secondary being accent colors. For example if you had a patent leather side patch, it's primary color could be black and the secondary color could be the stitching around the edges.

# 39 haloofduty @ 09/27/12 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by svit
Who gives a f**** about shoes.
Who gives a **** about shoes? Okay let me see. Everyone on this forum who mom or dad has to buy them the game. Just playing. Or am I?

# 40 23 @ 09/27/12 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley

I wasn't saying Nike ID had primary and secondary, I was saying you built one colored shoe in it and that was it.. no home and away unless you built another one which you could only wear one at a time

The only options they gave us was assigning shoes in the edit player mode.. this feature here is a total different thing.

It may give you the H/A option now, but im not optimistic til I see it.. that's what I was getting at

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.