Home
NHL 13 News Post

Another NHL 13 tuner has been released, bringing it up to version 1.04. Check out the details below.

Quote:
All Modes
  • Greater chance of penalty being called if a player is tripped (stumbles will now be considered trips)
  • Pokecheck less effective in HUT
  • Goalies less vulnerable on shots from distance on the rush on Game Styles Normal and Hardcore.
  • Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.
  • Increase penalty calls across the board
  • Increase effect of CPU Opponent and CPU Teammate penalty sliders
  • Increase chance of slash being called on stick lift from a bad angle
  • Increase likelihood of interference being called
  • Increase chance of CPU clearance being played over the boards
  • Increase chance of boarding, charging and hitting from behind being called
  • Increase time CPU will finish checks after puck is released

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Taku @ 09/28/12 06:03 AM
I dont see that decreasing aggression means more poking. Cpu just hits and shoves less and just chases around without doing anything.

# 62 ManiacMatt1782 @ 09/28/12 06:44 AM
The problem is checking from behind is only tread as boarding. The 2 calls in game are just interchangable calls. Hits from behind in open ice are still never called.

# 63 Splitter77 @ 09/28/12 06:53 AM
cant wait to try this.
hopefully the game doesnt freeze up on me again.

# 64 Taku @ 09/28/12 07:05 AM
Just took a practise session in 1vs1 offensive zone -mode. With hitting power sliders at 0 all the time I tried all kinds of combinations with aggression, pokecheck and sticklift sliders. Aggression 0 and 1 are completely useless, Cpu does nothing but chases you around. 2 and above it uses push/shove and sticklift in maybe 7:1 ratio. I just skated slowly infront of the cpu defenceman and kept my backside infront of him, occasionally I came with speed and tried to score like I would do in the game...

Theres nothing wrong in my opinion choosing anything between 2-6 for aggression sliders, I just have a feeling that less aggression=less penalties. I would like to see more stickwork from Cpu, there might have been little more sticklifts at aggression 4 but just a fraction of difference and propably just my imagination as it is most of the time. Tuning puck control did not change anything, I wouldn't go too low with just because Cpu might be forced to take more penalties just because it needs to work harder to get the puck.

Pokecheck and sticklift sliders high/low I didnt see anything different but on the other hand theres no referee in practise. One thing about Cpu's willingness to sticklift, I managed to get the cpu D to use more sticklifts by rapid changes of direction just infront of him, like skating towards the D and then only with LS I turned sharply to the side and Cpu attempted sticklift in that situation like 4 times out of 5.

# 65 Therion7 @ 09/28/12 08:06 AM
I think the 1.04 Tuner has been pulled in Europe.

Deleting settings and getting the latest only gives 1.03.

# 66 Fuzzface93 @ 09/28/12 08:59 AM
What happend to tuner 1.04? Was it deleted? I started to play and it said new tuner for the second time today, and now there is now 1.04

# 67 Fuzzface93 @ 09/28/12 09:04 AM
^^* no tuner 1.04

# 68 Therion7 @ 09/28/12 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzface93
What happend to tuner 1.04? Was it deleted? I started to play and it said new tuner for the second time today, and now there is now 1.04
A lot of online guys on the EA forum seemed to be complaining about 1.04 causing problems for them, not penalties I might add, but more technical stuff. It's probably been taken out in the meantime.

# 69 Section_25 @ 09/28/12 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion7
A lot of online guys on the EA forum seemed to be complaining about 1.04 causing problems for them, not penalties I might add, but more technical stuff. It's probably been taken out in the meantime.
As an offline player only, I'm not deleting or downloading anything for awhile. Been having great games with 1.04 so far and I want it to stay that way.

# 70 Therion7 @ 09/28/12 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section_25
As an offline player only, I'm not deleting or downloading anything for awhile. Been having great games with 1.04 so far and I want it to stay that way.
Offline player only also and I missed the window of opportunity to grab it when it was up to play this weekend, so not too chuffed right now. Hope it's back soon.

# 71 Xtreme590 @ 09/28/12 10:02 AM
Okay i tried getting the new tuner update is it availble on the 360 cause i cant find it all i have is tuner 1.03

# 72 tsp120 @ 09/28/12 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme590
Okay i tried getting the new tuner update is it availble on the 360 cause i cant find it all i have is tuner 1.03
I did the same. Looks like it was pulled. I'm bummed I missed it.

# 73 Xtreme590 @ 09/28/12 10:09 AM
me too i was looking forward to it why did they pull it for

# 74 Al_Tito13 @ 09/28/12 10:10 AM
I tested it last night and liked what I saw from tuner 1.04. There was finally a good number of penalties called.

I love the gameplay right now, so I hope EA won't touch to it too much going on. Only things I would like to see tuned or patched are:

- Tune down goalies anticipation / lateral movements speed / number of desperate saves.

Great passing plays are more difficult to make this year because of better defense, which is a good thing, but when we are able to make them, it should be pretty high percentage shots. Right now, when on a 2-on-1, it's pretty useless and irrelevant to try for a pass, because even if we beat the defenseman with the pass, which is not easy to do, the goalie will stop it almost every time. Every goalie in the game has superhuman anticipation and lateral movements this year and they also make a lot of desperate saves. These kinds of saves are pretty rare in real life and that explains the wow factor surrounding them, but in NHL 13, they happen every game, multiple times. This also can't be tuned with the goalie reaction speed slider, because the goalie will let in weak goals while still be great on passing plays and making desperate saves.

- Make CPU players use their sticks more and actually poke check the puck, what they almost never do right now.

- Correct some hits and hip checks where players can do a 360 in the air or go directly in the stands or pass through the board.

# 75 Xtreme590 @ 09/28/12 10:13 AM
I heard on the ea forums their were probs with the tuner update and it might be released again soon but for now iam going to stick with 1.01 until it is released again..

# 76 tvman @ 09/28/12 10:15 AM
Redshirt did mention something to the affect that he'd see how this 1.04 worked and if it there were problems or not working good enough (can't remember exactly) he'd rework it and release a different one.

# 77 Al_Tito13 @ 09/28/12 10:19 AM
If the tuner was pulled like you guys say, that's not good news, because I really liked what I saw from tuner 1.04 when testing it last night.

# 78 BlueNGold @ 09/28/12 10:25 AM
So there's no tuner for PS3 right now? Because I don't see it anywhere.

# 79 tvman @ 09/28/12 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
If the tuner was pulled like you guys say, that's not good news, because I really liked what I saw from tuner 1.04 when testing it last night.
Maybe the new one will be even better!

# 80 JezFranco @ 09/28/12 10:27 AM
Now I haven't even tried 1.04, but all I can say to everyone playing offline that has downloaded it already, hold on tight.

Stop work in 30 minutes, and was looking forward trying it out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.