Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Yes OS! 2KFonz here with a list of 53 (UPDATE its actually 67!) Dunk packages. I'm bored waiting for this time tomorrow. So here is a list of dunk packages, found in this video.

Big thank you to Sma11z99 for posting it, as it is one of my most hotly anticipated features.

Gone are the player specific packages outside of a few classic ones. Now we have the ability to mix and match up to 15 different packages. Don't like that 2 hand one foot double pump dunk that LeBron does? Take it out!

So here we go. The number listed with the package is the minimum Dunk rating requirement in MyCareer.

historic Jordan (80)
Historic Drexler (60)
Side Windmills (60)
Athletic Windmills(60)
Basic 360s (70)
Athletic 360s off two(80)
Under Leg 360s (85)
Ath. 360s off one (80)
One hand Spin Dunks (80) -dunk off a spin move
Two Hand Spin Dunks (80)
Cradle Dunks (not listed)
Flashey Flushes(60) -Shows the Mailman and One Footed East Bay Funk
Under Basket Ath Flushes(60)
Clutch reverse off one(70)
Clutch reverse off two (65)
Baseline Clutch reverses (65)
Windmill reverses (70)
Switch hand reverses (70)
Baseline reverses off one (60)
Baseline reverses off two (55)
Windmill Baseline reverses (65) - Very Young Kobe Like
Clutch Baseline reverses (55)
Bigman Baseline reverses (no req)
Windmills Off one (65)
Leaning Windmills (65)
Bigman Windmills (50)
Front Windmills (55)
UBER athletic Tomahawks off one(70) - Very Lebronish
UBER athletic Tomahawks off two (65)
Leaning Slams (55)
Front Clutches (55)
Front Clutches off two (55)
Side Clutches off one (55)
Side Clutches off two (55)
Back Scratchers off one (55)
Back Scratchers off two (55)
Back Scratchers rim hangs (60)
Bigman Backscratchers (no req)
Quick Drop in BackScratchers (60) kinda Kemp-ish
(Snatched)back tomahawks (55)
Quick Drops (60)
Fist Pump Rim Pulls(50)
Under Basket Athletic Flushes (60)
Athletic One handers Off one (65) kinda Vinceish
Athletic One handers Off two (65)
Bigman Tomahawks off one (no req) Think TP dunk package from 2k11
Bigman Tomahawks off two (no req) Think TP mixed with Wilkins
Side Arm Tomahawks (65)
Straight Arm Tomahawks (60) has a fake pass dunk animation in it
Athletic Side Tomahawks (65) lots of Drose dunks in here
Athletic Front tomahawks (65) NASTY!
Reverses off one (55)
Reverses off two (55)

New ones I've found in edit mode

Rim Grazers off one
Rim Grazers off two
Basic One Handers off one
Basic Two-Handers Off one
Basic one handers off two
Basic two Handers off two
Bigman One-handers off one
Bigman One handers off two
Hangs off one
Hangs off two
Quick drops
Under Basket Rim Pulls - Looks great on a Lakers Shaq. Its his Goto
Under Basket One Handers
Under Basket Bigman Slams

That is pretty much everything. Maybe in the future they'll have Rim Hang Backboard slaps but it seems like they've covered more angles than ever before. I'm excited to get to editing for once!

Have fun!

UPDATE : Lay-Up package names.

Rookie Guard
Pro Guard
All-Star guard
Crawford
Classic(Doc J)
M. Ginobili
Jordan
Kobe
Nash
Parker
Paul
Rose
Rondo
Wade
Rookie Bigman

So nothing new in the lay-up department as far as signature animations go. at least according to the edit mode animations.

As was stated before, you can Mix n Match 15 different dunk packages.
However, It has come to light that each player has a GOTO PACKAGE!
Wilkins is Uber Athletic Tomahawks off 2 for example. Interestingly, Mj's 89 Goto package is Athletic one handers off two and Historic Jordan is in slot 3. This will make those Signature Jordan Dunks rarer and more special.

I just got my copy from my old workplace, if anyone has any questions regarding Packages, rituals, or editing options(sliders included) Ill will try to answer them best I can. If you feel like i've missed you, please PM me.

As an added bonus here are Sma11z99's videos on All Pre-Game Rituals and All Pre-Tip Rituals.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DatboyJ23 @ 10/01/12 01:21 AM
Told you there was alot of dunk packages! You can assign up to 15 for 1 player!

# 2 XenoZograscope @ 10/01/12 01:21 AM
DC's dunk edits are going to be crazy this year for sure.

# 3 2k10Fonzarelli @ 10/01/12 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatboyJ23
Told you there was alot of dunk packages! You can assign up to 15 for 1 player!
Too Many to count indeed.

Im sweating at the prospect of Hyper and DC's edits, Plus my own fantasy CAPS!

2K/VC > This is a very big step in the right direction!

# 4 Papesowish @ 10/01/12 01:45 AM
Wow, beautiful.. just beautiful. Wonder if layup packages are more like this in 2k13?

Also, can anyone confirm that this feature is available in regular Create-a-Player (not Legend or Myplayer mode)

# 5 Barncore @ 10/01/12 02:08 AM
Those cradle dunks are sexy.

What's it like editing dunk packages in regular "edit player" mode? Is there still the player-specific signature packages? Like scottie pippen, d-rose, etc?

# 6 CWSapp757 @ 10/01/12 04:01 AM
Yes papesowish, the feature is available for any player in all modes. I was just giving some guys in my draft classes some special dunk packages and pre-game rituals .

# 7 Papesowish @ 10/01/12 05:02 AM
Nice! thanks.

# 8 rellik @ 10/01/12 05:02 AM
I do believe they have a dunk where he taps the back borad it in one of the hangs.....ill look for it in the vid and re-post when i find it. BTW thanks for listing the packages

# 9 2k10Fonzarelli @ 10/01/12 05:37 AM
No problem. It was fun to do the research and even the hard work.

Thanks CWsapp for confirming that this is part of regular edit mode.

Barnsey, im pretty sure what you see here is what you get. But im sure you noticed dunks from DRose's and Pippen's old dunk packages so recreating them should be an easy task.

I'll keep an eye out for Lay-up packages as well and hopefully add them to the OP and perhaps change the thread title if its even possible for a non-admin to do that.

Rellik> I think I saw one on the Backscratchers Rim Hangs or the Fist Pump Rim pulls, but I was hoping for a specific package so I could give it to the non-existent Chris Webber :P

# 10 rellik @ 10/01/12 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
No problem. It was fun to do the research and even the hard work.

Thanks CWsapp for confirming that this is part of regular edit mode.

Barnsey, im pretty sure what you see here is what you get. But im sure you noticed dunks from DRose's and Pippen's old dunk packages so recreating them should be an easy task.

I'll keep an eye out for Lay-up packages as well and hopefully add them to the OP and perhaps change the thread title if its even possible for a non-admin to do that.

Rellik> I think I saw one on the Backscratchers Rim Hangs or the Fist Pump Rim pulls, but I was hoping for a specific package so I could give it to the non-existent Chris Webber :P
i feel you on that one!

# 11 VDusen04 @ 10/01/12 09:07 AM
Question: If I want Karl Malone to have his signature dunk, would I have to give him the package that'd also allow him to do a one-foot Eastbay?

# 12 Gramps91 @ 10/01/12 10:43 AM
Wow! A lot more this year, plus the dunk animations look a lot better too.

# 13 Hassan Darkside @ 10/01/12 11:10 AM
Really like what they did with dunk packages this year. I was going to complain about how signature dunks were implemented over the last couple years but this is much better. However, dunk ratings make no sense. 55 can do windmills but you need a 70 to do 360s? Good thing we do have full customization over this.

# 14 da ThRONe @ 10/01/12 11:36 AM
I watch this and it just displays all the issues I have with MyPlayer/Career. The fact I can turn Brian Scalabrine into Blake Griffin at all is a problem the fact I can do it in one season is a huge problem.

# 15 2k10Fonzarelli @ 10/01/12 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Question: If I want Karl Malone to have his signature dunk, would I have to give him the package that'd also allow him to do a one-foot Eastbay?
I think that when editing a player or making a CAP, you can assign any package to that player regardless of their dunk rating. Perhaps certain dunks in a package have a ratings prerequisite? Maybe if the player in question is rated 70 in dunking he'll do the Mailman, but if he is 85 he'll do both?

You bring up an excellent question!

# 16 iNolaNightmare @ 10/01/12 11:49 AM
I love the quick drops package. Used so often by players who just wanna get the job done quickly without flash.

# 17 VDusen04 @ 10/01/12 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
I think that when editing a player or making a CAP, you can assign any package to that player regardless of their dunk rating. Perhaps certain dunks in a package have a ratings prerequisite? Maybe if the player in question is rated 70 in dunking he'll do the Mailman, but if he is 85 he'll do both?

You bring up an excellent question!
Your theory appears logical and is similar to how I was hoping it'd work. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

# 18 VDusen04 @ 10/01/12 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I don't see a problem with it. Especially since most guards (Like Brandon Jennings and Kyrie Irving) and forwards in the NBA are capable of pulling off windmills fairly easily. They might not do it in a game, but they are capable of it in real life and the requisite dunk ratings reflect that.

I also doubt anyone with a 55 dunk rating is going to be doing that in traffic with any success....
Maybe it varies from dunker to dunker. In my experience, it seems the ability to pull off a 360 comes well before a player develops the ability to windmill. I can personally pull off a generic 360 but cannot even come close to completing even a baby windmill.

# 19 VDusen04 @ 10/01/12 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Wasn't really arguing about the 360 bit (though they do have little baby 360's from under the rim in there that only require a 60 I think?).
Oh gotcha, I just thought Ruff Ryder's issue was the supposedly simpler dunk required a higher rating than the more complicated one. That's why I was saying the baby 360's tend to come first when dunkers are developing and why it might be strange they require a 70 rating to pull them off when windmills only need a 55.

# 20 2k10Fonzarelli @ 10/01/12 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Maybe it varies from dunker to dunker. In my experience, it seems the ability to pull off a 360 comes well before a player develops the ability to windmill. I can personally pull off a generic 360 but cannot even come close to completing even a baby windmill.
Personally i think it comes down to the dunker.

Some people (myself included) get better lift of one foot takeoffs rather than two feet. Although coaches may tell you that two feet gets you more lift.
I know that I can rotate clockwise better of two feet than i can with one, and rotate anti-clockwise better off one foot than two.

Strangely, it's easier for me to windmill off of one foot. and its easier for me to 360 off of two feet.(the two being done on a 9'6" rim as i just cant do these dunks on 10'...yet).

One will notice the ratio of windmill dunks : 360 dunks over the past few years. Heck, last person I saw do a 360 in a game was either J-Rich or Vince. I guess there aren't a lot of high fliers that are also acrobats who like doing 360s who get play on ABC or TNT(when they're broadcast in Canada). This suggests Windmills are easier or 360's are not as popular or too dangerous or something. Personally I'll windmill over a 360 if i have the choice.

I was definitely doing reverse dunks before any kind of windmill growing up. Had i the Tendency to spin rather than windmill I think 360's would've come before a Windmill. When I get a good, full extension windmill on 9'6" I feel as if I am jumping my highest whereas a 360 not so much.

Either way, I don't see a 55 rated dunker or a 70 rated dunker doing these 2 types of dunks very often.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.