Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 cmebfresh @ 10/01/12 05:24 PM
I except NBA 2K to look like this in 2019 on PS4 and Xbox720

# 2 anto1992 @ 10/01/12 05:25 PM
Dynasty TV Spot or how to make a 2K13 spot with 2K14 or so graphics. Cool.

# 3 Neoda2khead @ 10/01/12 05:52 PM
look at these player models and look at GP's are u kidding me 2k really

# 4 Sundown @ 10/01/12 06:06 PM
Really odd that the CG player models for the spot look almost real but they can't get the models for the game right.

Wild speculation: any chance this is the work for the next gen version of the game? Would sure explain how little the art team worked on this year's player graphics.

# 5 Mister_G @ 10/01/12 06:10 PM
These are pre-rendered graphics, the current gen can't handle that kind of stuff. Otherwise video games would've caught up to film by now.

# 6 Joobieo @ 10/01/12 06:10 PM
One day ....

# 7 cmebfresh @ 10/01/12 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
One day ....
for me its a couple of hours lol

# 8 Sundown @ 10/01/12 06:21 PM
Oh, and I actually thought the models were real players until I looked at the cover guys closely at the end. Apparently someone at 2K knows how to make player models that look like the player. They should get that guy to make models for the actual *game*.

# 9 Rain816 @ 10/01/12 06:26 PM
Wish that song was on the soundtrack....at least the instrumental...lol

# 10 ybtherockstar @ 10/01/12 06:41 PM
If only the game actually looked like that....

# 11 Joobieo @ 10/01/12 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
for me its a couple of hours lol
I meant the look lol, I'm getting it at midnight as well .

# 12 Gramps91 @ 10/01/12 07:02 PM
Nice Promo! 5 hours away!!!

# 13 thelakeshow @ 10/01/12 07:23 PM
The song is the Intro to Roc La Familia, right?

# 14 youvalss @ 10/01/12 07:27 PM
I wish they didn't do that. Reminds me of Live 2006 and 2007 trailers. The game doesn't look like that, and not everyone knows it.

Spoiler

I wonder if anyone has a case if they buy the game by looking at the trailer, and find out it doesn't look like that.

Years ago there would be no problem because no one expected a game to look like that anyway. But today...

# 15 Trackball @ 10/01/12 07:52 PM
Nobody here noticed that this commercial said absolutely nothing about the actual game?

Nope, just another basketball game. Nothing special about it whatsoever. But you don't have a choice, do you, gamers?

Come on, 2K, go all out with your ads! I don't care that there's no competition--it won't be that way forever!

Tell people WHY they should buy your game!

Tell them what everyone on OS now knows--that the game has improved tremendously since last year! Tell them about the incredible improvements to MyCareer! Tell them about MyTeam! Tell them about the dribble stick--ANYTHING!

# 16 basehead617 @ 10/01/12 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Nobody here noticed that this commercial said absolutely nothing about the actual game?

Nope, just another basketball game. Nothing special about it whatsoever. But you don't have a choice, do you, gamers?

Come on, 2K, go all out with your ads! I don't care that there's no competition--it won't be that way forever!

Tell them what everyone on OS now knows--that the game has improved tremendously since last year! Tell them about the incredible improvements to MyCareer! Tell them about MyTeam! Tell them about the dribble stick--ANYTHING!
The marketing dept correctly surmises that going into nerdy details like that is not the way to hype a game in a national TV spot.

# 17 liodeesxalf @ 10/01/12 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

people who have played previous 2k basketball games are not the only ones who are going to buy the game; there will also be many first time buyers. the specific improvements mean nothing to them since they never played its predecessors. The ad has to appeal to as many people as possible. Plus for games that are released annually, it is already implied that their are improvements.

ads aren't that long, and you can't just fill them with word and details; the attention span of the masses is generally not that long. in order to leave an impression on the psyche, consciously and unconsciously, in a short amount of time, its gotta appeal to the senses. its gotta have audio and visual flair, and has to play to peoples desires (theres a reason MJ was talking about knowing and giving people what they "want"). If people are intrigued about the game, they can then do further research themselves, and thats why we have insights and stuff.

# 18 liberaluser @ 10/01/12 10:50 PM
I think artistically this is a beautiful commercial and MJ really takes it over the top.

I really wonder if some OSers who complain about cgi cutscenes saw the Borderlands 2 live action commerical and thought those were supposed to represent game graphics too. SMH.

# 19 MR Anderson310 @ 10/02/12 02:59 AM
man they aint lying ...my fiance been mad at me since saturday morning ...i cant put it down ...its such a great game ......

# 20 lostsoul @ 10/02/12 03:49 AM
is this what the future holds for video game graphics? i hope so... unless the world ends on the 21st of december =/

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.