Home
WWE 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

To view all the new WWE 13 screenshots, click here.

THQ Announces Details of WWE® ’13 Downloadable Content Purchase Program

Upcoming Release in Revolutionary Flagship Franchise Set to Offer Wide Variety of Playable In-Game Content, Including Current-Day WWE Superstars, Divas and “Attitude Era” Personalities

Fan Axxess Program to Enable Pre-Purchase of Downloadable Content, Including Exclusive Playable Superstars, at Reduced Price Point

THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced details surrounding the company’s downloadable content plans and Fan Axxess Program for WWE® ’13, the revolutionary next installment in the WWE flagship videogame franchise. The content offering, currently slated to include an extensive variety of playable WWE Superstars, Divas, “Attitude Era” luminaries and more, will be available via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. WWE ’13 is currently scheduled for release on October 30, 2012 in North America for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and the Wii™ system from Nintendo.

“With a great variety of roster additions, along with fan-favorite offerings for customization and unlockable access, WWE ’13 delivers a comprehensive selection of downloadable content for the franchise,” said Sean Ratcliffe, Vice President, Global Brand Management, THQ. “In addition, the Fan Axxess Program delivers a great value proposition for those looking to have the ultimate WWE videogame experience.”

About the WWE ’13 Downloadable Content Program

The WWE ’13 downloadable content program is currently scheduled to include the following items:

Content Group #1 – “Attitude Era” Superstars Pack
  • “Attitude Era” Superstars Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty, Grand Master Sexay, Gangrel and Val Venis
  • Accelerator – enables players to unlock all in-game items, as well as customize individual WWE Superstar attributes
    • Each WWE Superstar will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $0.99 USD via PlayStation Network.
    • The Accelerator will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $1.99 USD via PlayStation Network.
    • All content is currently scheduled for release on October 30, 2012 in North America.
Content Group # 2 – WWE Superstars Pack
  • WWE Superstars Tensai, Ryback, Drew McIntyre and Yoshi Tatsu
  • WWE Divas AJ Lee and Natalya
  • Undertaker “Ministry of Darkness” alternate attire
  • Championship Title Pack – 10 new championships from WWE, WCW®, ECW® and AWA®.
    • The Undertaker “Ministry of Darkness” alternate attire will be available free of charge
    • Each WWE Superstar and Diva will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $0.99 USD via PlayStation Network.
    • The Championship Title Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $1.99 USD via PlayStation Network.
    • All content is currently scheduled for release in December 2012
Content Group #3 – You’re Welcome in Five Languages Pack
  • WWE Superstars Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso
  • WWE Diva Layla
  • “Attitude Era” Legends Brian Pillman and Chainsaw Charlie
  • Moves Pack – 20 new moves, including the Lionsault (made popular by Chris Jericho) and the Kimura Lock (made popular by Brock Lesnar)
    • WWE Diva Layla will be available free of charge
    • Each WWE Superstar will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $0.99 USD via PlayStation Network.
    • The Moves Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $1.99 via PlayStation Network.
    • All content is currently scheduled for release in January 2013

About the WWE ’13 Fan Axxess Program

THQ also announced today the ability to pre-purchase downloadable content at a reduced price point through the WWE ’13 Fan Axxess Program. For a one-time purchase cost of 1600 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $19.99 USD via PlayStation Network, a savings of more than 10 percent versus individual content purchases, consumers will receive the following items:
  • Fan Axxess Program Exclusive: Legendary WWE Superstars Diamond Dallas Page and Goldust
  • All Content Groups: “Attitude Era” Superstars Pack, WWE Superstars Pack and You’re Welcome in Five Languages Pack
  • Online Badge

WWE 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE 13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
WWE 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Millennium @ 10/04/12 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
3 DLC packs. 1600pts/$20 for Fan Axxess. First pack hits release day of 10/30.

http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/2...ontentrevealed
I would pay $20 alone just to play with Pillman.

Wow...DLC looking awesome.

# 2 ExtremeGamer @ 10/04/12 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I would pay $20 alone just to play with Pillman.

Wow...DLC looking awesome.
That's how I felt about Gangrel. LOL

# 3 pimpinpidgeon8 @ 10/04/12 08:07 AM
Just saw the YouTube video and just when I thought I couldn't get more excited for a game ...

# 4 J_Posse @ 10/04/12 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
That's how I felt about Gangrel. LOL
Are they going to include the Brood entrance? Would make playing with Attitude Era E&C even more fun.

From Spurs Nation/Bills Backer Clubhouse

# 5 ExtremeGamer @ 10/04/12 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Are they going to include the Brood entrance? Would make playing with Attitude Era E&C even more fun.

From Spurs Nation/Bills Backer Clubhouse
Not sure if the Brood entrance is in, Gangrel's solo entrance is in correctly though.

# 6 Pezell04x @ 10/04/12 09:48 AM
Really? A Move pack as DLC? Does this mean the moves are on the disc but locked?

# 7 Keohane15 @ 10/04/12 09:54 AM
Wasn't planning on buying this, but I may have to now

# 8 ps3veron @ 10/04/12 10:08 AM
Where oh where is Steve Blackman!?

# 9 Sportsfan0290 @ 10/04/12 10:38 AM
DDP. Oh man if only they add D-Low Brown but he's in TNA right? I haven't had a game since 10 now I'm back into it for this game. I could relive the WWE vs ECW vs WCW invasion. Sweetness.

# 10 Gramps91 @ 10/04/12 10:47 AM
Sweet. Probably going to buy Fan Axxess day one. All of this DLC sounds great. Val Venis, Too Cool, Rikishi, DDP, and Goldust! Great stuff!!

# 11 DBMcGee3 @ 10/04/12 11:08 AM
It's definitely awesome that they have so many guys available, but damn, you'd think they'd cut us a break on the price after all the ridiculous online shenanigans last year. And no Ryback til December? I don't even really care for Ryback, but he's obviously getting a push right now (as well as Sandow) so it's lame to not have him on the default roster, especially when you're already showing off his intro. I want this game but it's hard to give THQ money, they're such A-holes.

# 12 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/04/12 11:27 AM
Man Fan axxess this year is completely off the hook. Can't wait to get it so I can play with DDP and Gangrel and all. The DLC this year is going to be so sweet. Can't wait. Only a few more weeks to go before it release. It is going to be sweeeet!!!

# 13 georgiafan @ 10/04/12 01:21 PM
So I guess if we dont wanna use the belts in universe then we cant just turn them off or something?

# 14 SmashMan @ 10/04/12 04:24 PM
Was hoping for a $15 price point; but for 20 new wrestlers, a bunch of belts and moves? $20 isn't bad.

Plus I used a $15 Amazon card to knock the game down to $45, so I'm only out $65 for everything. Can not complain.

# 15 Virtualc @ 10/05/12 12:23 AM
I do think it's stupid if u spend the 20 u cant get all the content from day 1. not that big of a deal to me, but it would've been good to have it all out the box

# 16 NinerFan1983 @ 10/05/12 02:45 AM
The more I read about this game, the more interesting it looks to me.

I haven't bought a wrestling game (Other than WWE All-Stars) in a long time. I think the last time I got one was SmackDown: Just Bring It way back in 2001 I think it was.

Might be time for me to get this one.

# 17 8and9 @ 10/05/12 06:55 AM
I don't even watch wrestling anymore, but the more I read the more I want. Reliving the old days should be fun as well and this DLC news makes it even better.

# 18 Mercury112491 @ 10/05/12 11:37 AM
why is the Lionsault a DLC move when Jericho is already in the game and used the move in his latest run? Shouldn't it already be in the game?

# 19 dochalladay32 @ 10/05/12 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
why is the Lionsault a DLC move when Jericho is already in the game and used the move in his latest run? Shouldn't it already be in the game?
I think people are potentially jumping to conclusions. Although that may be the case, it is possible that the DLC just allows you to assign the move to other people and created wrestlers while Jericho already has it.

# 20 Vizen @ 10/05/12 03:29 PM
I have a question regarding DLC pack that includes player editing and unlocking everything. If I want player editing, but want to unlock everything on my own, will that be a selectable option or am I out of luck?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.