Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 patch that fixes the MyCareer freeze issues is available now. Other than that, this patch doesn't contain anything else. They simply wanted to make sure this issue was addressed ASAP.

For those of you that were having the issue before, are you noticing any freezing after the patch in MyCareer mode?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Bobhead @ 11/10/12 09:42 PM
Add me on to the list of PS3 owners with freeze problems. Fairly new PS3 also, slim model and whatnot.

# 62 mdolphins9998 @ 11/19/12 03:07 AM
I do still have the freeze problems, in fact I am currently stuck in my 4th year of My Career mode because I was invited to the 3 point contest of All-Star weekend, but when I try to continue to play, the game completely freezes on me. I am soooooo tight right now because that patch didn't work for me, and now I am stuck because I spent money buying VC!!!!!!!

# 63 bravo13 @ 11/27/12 08:14 PM
On ps3. Update didn't work for me...

# 64 IYoDa @ 11/28/12 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
Are we going to get a ps3 patch? this game is unplayable

2 times im in the 4th quarter in MyCareer with the Nike ID shoes and it freezes
Well take the Nike ID shoes off.
Before you complain, exhaust every avenue.
People have said about the Nike ID / freeze issue long ago.
Many resolved it by changing shoes.

# 65 IYoDa @ 11/28/12 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjones_det
Bud...

Your an idiot or a fanboy (same thing really). It's happening to everyone with a PS3 when you try to exit the finals after winning it.

Google you moronic monkey poop of a brained animal.
Hasn't happened to me on ps3.
I have had NO issues with this game other than mechanics.
Get a life troll.

# 66 garrus001 @ 11/28/12 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IYoDa
Get a life troll.
never happened to me too..

# 67 Bobhead @ 11/28/12 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IYoDa
Get a life troll.
So because YOU have never had freezes, everyone else is lying and trolling? What a silly assumption. Obviously if you haven't had freezes it is because you haven't accidentally stumbled upon whatever was causing them.

# 68 IYoDa @ 11/28/12 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
So because YOU have never had freezes, everyone else is lying and trolling? What a silly assumption. Obviously if you haven't had freezes it is because you haven't accidentally stumbled upon whatever was causing them.
The silly assumption is on your behalf.
I never said no one has the problems.
I called one person a troll as he IS a troll by his post.
There is lots of ways to fix the issues.

The smaller ps3s (storage wise) seem to be the main ones effected.
Making space by deleting things has resolved the problem for many.

My point was that not everyone has the issue.

# 69 giovanni07 @ 11/30/12 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue.Gazer
For those who can't play their next game on my career because it keeps freezing while it's loading up. Try to edit your My Player (not the one in My Career), and try to mess around with it for example, Hair, Hair Colour, Goatee, Beard, etc..

I remember once that I messed around with it and it caused one of my career to freeze up. So I edited my player again, changed my beard style, and BOOM. It started working again!
If anyone have freezing problem, try this one. It worked for my game. Thanks !

# 70 jackoman @ 12/03/12 07:08 PM
in my online associations in game, the announcers always stop talking, and soon after that after the next highlight play you can't inbound the ball. you can run around, no violations, no replays, just can't imbound the ball. if you try to save and quit it freezes for like 5-8 mins and then loads. it really sucks because it happens in EVERY GAME I PLAY

# 71 jackoman @ 12/03/12 07:09 PM
by the way im on PS3

# 72 renaissance247 @ 12/08/12 03:04 PM
I play on PS3 so I never thought I'd get the MyCAREER Freeze Cheese, and when I started MyCAREER I played about 15 games (going 3-12 as a Center) and it never froze while trying to do anything. But since my team was so bad (Rockets pre-Harden) I decided to make a PG and was excited when I got drafted to the Celtics.

Long story short, I've trice tried to play the 11/15/12 game against the Brooklyn Nets, but it freezes when loading the game. It'll show my player and how much VC I've earned in MyCAREER mode, then show the starting lineups, then when it goes back to showing my player before saying "Press X to begin" the game completely locks up, and I can't even bring up the XBL dashboard with the PS3 Home Button, the whole system locks up.

I've played a few games in offline Quick Rank (today's Rockets/Spurs game, and a game with the Celebrity Team) and then back to MyCAREER and this seems to be the only time my game ever freezes... it's the only time my PS3 has ever froze actually, it's usually pretty great when it comes to things like this.

So does anyone know if there will be anything out for the PS3 soon?

# 73 renaissance247 @ 12/08/12 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni07
If anyone have freezing problem, try this one. It worked for my game. Thanks !
I did try changing my player from the MyPlayer Closet, but not much. I'll keep working at it.

# 74 sparkdawg777 @ 01/01/13 11:48 PM
This is pissing me off. I'm having the ps3 freeze issue now at the my player load screen. I played about 45 games with absolutely no freezing issues, now I have not been able to play a game for 2 days of trying. I'm not much of an *** guy (association) but love the my player. Unfortunately I am about to give up on this game and 2k all together. I have had multiple problems with 2k in the past but they never respond (baseball and tennis). I'm starting to think they don't care.

I also have a slim if anyone figures this out I would be grateful thanks.

# 75 sparkdawg777 @ 01/03/13 12:13 AM
Bump, still freezing at loading screen

# 76 evoryware @ 01/03/13 10:43 AM
Same here. Ps3. This was my first year really getting into it. 6 games in, stated a new career due to the freezing. Then boom freeze at loading screen again after i got my guy playing kind of nice.

# 77 sparkdawg777 @ 01/04/13 10:26 PM
Yeh I've been trying everything but still can't play a my player game. I just wish I knew if 2k was at least working on fixing this.

# 78 sparkdawg777 @ 01/12/13 10:45 PM
I don't know what to do anymore. I haven't been able to play my player for 2 weeks now. No one seems to know an answer either.... Wow literally while writing this game freezes after leaving demo. (Was writing while in main menu) I have never played a game that has so many freezing issues. It's a shame because this is a really good game. I'm about to trade it in though.

# 79 Mongo14 @ 01/13/13 12:59 AM
For ps3 I deleted all 2k files on my ps3. made a whole new profile, psn account and 2kaccount and then it stopped freezing. BUT once I started Key Gaming it, it started freezing at the load screen at all non key games. 2k needs to fix this. In the mean time I'm key gaming it and will do those steps again when I make a new one

# 80 Mongo14 @ 01/13/13 01:00 AM
I think key gaming it causes the freeze. Not 100% sure

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.