Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Another NCAA Football 13 title update arrives later this month. Check out the details below.

FYI, the Dynasty fixes should take effect in existing Dynasties. No need to start over.

Gameplay
  • Fixed issue where running the no-huddle was taking too long.
  • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes not breaking the huddle.
  • Fixed it so receivers won’t slip as much on the turf when it is raining.
Dynasty
  • Fixed it where prospects were softly committing to schools even though they were not on that school’s recruiting board or showed any interest.
  • Fixed some recruiting logic where CPU teams were not offering scholarships to some prospects.
  • Fixed an issue with uploading highlights to Dynasty Wire.
  • Made the sorting on the Recruiting more user friendly so that it remembers previous sorts.
  • Fixed an issue where a prospect with low interest was getting changed to “N/A”.
  • Fixed an issue where some Online Dynasties were losing players and coaches.
  • Fixed a problem where promises were getting deleted.
Online Head-to-Head
  • Fixed a reporting issue where if someone went offsides three times it forced their opponent into a loss.
Stability
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
Source - Official NCAA Football 13 Website

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 raneman85 @ 10/13/12 05:44 PM
Five months after the release of a half-made game that you charge full price. Excuse me EA for not jumping up and down on the Yippee Wagon.

# 82 WeFireThoseCannons @ 10/14/12 12:48 AM
Hopefully PS3 gets it the same time as xbox. Sony likes to screw us over with updates.

# 83 kingsofthevalley @ 10/14/12 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
This really took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting to see anything out with this game other than uniform store additions.

However, i haven't played much game lately. I started a OD game last night for the first time in a while, but ended up shutting it down, i had to go to bed.
This wouldn't have been an option back in the day. Once you started an EA football title, you were hard pressed to stop. I have NEVER shut off a game of EA football until this generation of titles was released. NEVER.

# 84 dickey1331 @ 10/14/12 01:15 PM
Nice to see another patch!

Do you really care where I sent this from?

# 85 christopher5 @ 10/14/12 01:51 PM
Is this patch really gonna make a damn bit of difference? I think not...heres to waiting for 14. This game had so much promise, but at the end of the day turned out to be very flawed. Really upset that they can still mess up a game year in and year out. I would go into details about all the mistakes, but there are threads and pages that justify everything for me. Really gonna do some research before buying next year.

# 86 fballturkey @ 10/14/12 10:40 PM
I dunno, after playing madden for a bit and coming back to NCAA I appreciate NCAA a lot more. I can keep things much fresher with all the customization. I'm glad they're unbreaking no huddle and tweaking dynasty a bit.

# 87 magic247 @ 10/15/12 01:27 AM
I have to say that much of the dissention about this year's game is laughable in comparison to some of the other sports video games of 2012. NCAA 13 provides much more realism than its professional counterpart and NBA 2K 13 has gone arcade in its retail version thus far.

Does it have issues? Absolutely. The deep ball glitch is disheartening and the replays on ice are the visual duplicate of hearing nails raked across a chalkboard. I could give several other negative examples, but how about a few positives that go unmentioned these days:

!) Anyone notice the CPU defense shifting to adjust to the strong side of your offense?

2) Coffin corner punts by the CPU on occasion

3 Scrambling CPU QBs

4) Solid Pregame rituals and presentation

# 88 Sundown2600 @ 10/15/12 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic247
I have to say that much of the dissention about this year's game is laughable in comparison to some of the other sports video games of 2012. NCAA 13 provides much more realism than its professional counterpart and NBA 2K 13 has gone arcade in its retail version thus far.

Does it have issues? Absolutely. The deep ball glitch is disheartening and the replays on ice are the visual duplicate of hearing nails raked across a chalkboard. I could give several other negative examples, but how about a few positives that go unmentioned these days:

!) Anyone notice the CPU defense shifting to adjust to the strong side of your offense? Yes I love that.

2) Coffin corner punts by the CPU on occasion. They don't do this often enough, but a punter with high awareness is more likely to.

3 Scrambling CPU QBs. With Low awareness they just put their heads down and run straight up the middle every time. Raising awareness and BCV will cause them to run wide a little more often.

4) Solid Pregame rituals and presentation. Thats's great, but I would have no problem with the game switching straight to the coin toss, especially if it means more time for the devs to iron out gameplay issues.
I guess my point is there is a lot of roster tweaking and slider tweaking needed to get the CPU to consitently do the things they should do on the field. Guys shouldn't need to adjust ratings just to make a QB choose the optimum running lane when scrambling, even then its still not certain they will.

# 89 Haze88 @ 10/15/12 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
This wouldn't have been an option back in the day. Once you started an EA football title, you were hard pressed to stop. I have NEVER shut off a game of EA football until this generation of titles was released. NEVER.
Even in this day you'd be hard pressed to stop playing a last gen game. I play Madden 06 on my PS2 a lot more than NCAA 13 to a point of playing entire franchise seasons all day with 3 breaks to eat. I still haven't finished a dynasty season in this game.

# 90 OmahaKnights @ 10/15/12 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic247
I have to say that much of the dissention about this year's game is laughable in comparison to some of the other sports video games of 2012.
Have you ever thought that it's a sign that the other games are just that bad, instead of NCAA 13 being good? The issues with 12 were pretty minor compared to 13. Getting torched on deep balls because your safety is sleepwalking and losing 15 yards every time you try to pitch on an option to the short side simply didn't happen last year. I can't say I've touched many other sports games this year, but if they're that far behind 13, which is easily worse than 10, 11, or 12, then this is just an awful year for sports games.

# 91 Buckeye Country @ 10/15/12 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaKnights
Have you ever thought that it's a sign that the other games are just that bad, instead of NCAA 13 being good? The issues with 12 were pretty minor compared to 13. Getting torched on deep balls because your safety is sleepwalking and losing 15 yards every time you try to pitch on an option to the short side simply didn't happen last year. I can't say I've touched many other sports games this year, but if they're that far behind 13, which is easily worse than 10, 11, or 12, then this is just an awful year for sports games.
I went to Game Stop and saw about 4 to 5 used Madden 13 games for sale already. Guess people got tired of that one. That is a clue.

# 92 Finren84 @ 10/17/12 12:53 PM
I know the update is scheduled this month, but anybody know the exact day it will drop?

# 93 speedy43 @ 10/17/12 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finren84
I know the update is scheduled this month, but anybody know the exact day it will drop?
Nope, EA still isn't sure on an exact date.

# 94 krildog @ 10/17/12 02:59 PM
Quote:
Probably either the 23rd or (more likely) the 30th. While Xbox updates can go out any day, Sony only does them on Tuesdays. I'd assume EA wants to have both platforms go out on the same day if possible.

# 95 WeFireThoseCannons @ 10/17/12 06:35 PM
Quote:
page 2 Michfan says the 19th of this month. I hope it is true.

# 96 michfan16 @ 10/17/12 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeFireThoseCannons
page 2 Michfan says the 19th of this month. I hope it is true.
Yea they had that up originally on their Facebook page but last time I checked they removed it. So hopefully it is the 19th.

EDIT:
They actually said the 19th on twitter.

EA NCAA Football @EANCAAFootball #NCAAFootball13 Title Update #4 is being targeted for release on October 19th - Check out the full details here! http://bit.ly/QdHAWs

# 97 Pezell04x @ 10/17/12 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
*crosses fingers* hopefully it was removed because the outcry to fix the db glitch so they went back to try to fix it. I don't mind a slight delay if it got fixed!!
I doubt it. Really all they would have to do is set their coverage to normal or conservative. Right now it's set to aggressive. That could be something that's fixed with a tuner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 98 PDOGEMP 88 @ 10/17/12 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
MLB The Show was amazing this year. I wish I loved baseball enough to play it year around because I would have. I hear Fifa is really good which most of us wouldn't know.

i wish they made MLB The Show for the XBOX 360

# 99 TheRealGooch @ 10/18/12 11:39 AM
When playing defense in a dynasty, I cannot "key" on a specific offensive player. The option to do it is there, but when I push the corresponding button, nothing happens. This only happens vs the CPU. Vs a human it works. Will this be addressed at some point?

# 100 DataBull @ 10/18/12 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
You were younger back in the day.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.